Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AROP Crystal suggestion

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: AROP Crystal suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Kida, the crystals provide a +50 skill bonus to either primal or tooth and claw skill, then have a 6% chance to proc a buff that gives +250 of a skill and +100 of a stat...or 250 of a stat and 100 of a ski,ll cant 'remmeber. Lunus get TC and str, helians get primal and power.
    Primal Rage:
    +50 Primal
    Ranged Spells only: -5% delay/recycle

(Going to assume it's a 5-6% chance to proc, since it's not in the tooltip for some reason.)
    Attacker Effect: Primal Rage

Effect: Primal Rage
    +250 Power
    +100 Primal
    Duration: 0:15

Fangs of Fury:
    +50 TnC
    Attacks only: Modifies delay by -5%, modifies recycle by -5%

5% attacker effect: Fangs of Fury

Effect: Fangs of Fury
    +250 TnC
    +100 Strength
    Duration: 0:15

For future reference

~~~

I wouldn't mind allowing a swap like Alisto suggests, or at the very least, some sort of tough-ish questline to make up for any "imbalances" between the initial quests. I'm not sure what that quest would entail, honestly - possibly killing various named mobs, sort of like the riddle portion of the ARoP?

I'll state again, though, so people don't have to dredge through my longer posts - I like the idea of passives, but still with faction-specific crystals.
    Last edited by Racktor; September 10th, 2015 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Of course I have. I played that way myself for years.
    Then you would know how the use of both crystals even as a passive could make a hybrid OP when both proc at the same time, or proc consistently.

Proc rates of the crystals are 5% which is the same as most weapon crystals like for ex. Exsanguination. However their effects are much greater than merely direct damage or DoT. On top of granting a +50 primal or TnC stat bonus, when they proc they modify delay and recycle of their respective types (TnC or Primal) by 5% -and- they give a bonus of +250 to tnc/primal and +100 to Str/Power. In total if you proc both you receive...

+250 TnC (+300 TnC total with the +50 granted from the crystal's stat buff)
    +250 Primal (+300 primal total with the +50 granted from the crystal's stat buff)
    +100 Strength
    +100 Power
    -5% delay on melee attacks
    -5% delay on spells
    -5% modier on melee recycle
    -5% modifier on spell recycle

... and you want this -all- as a passive ability?

I've seen dragons that transferred those crystals via an old method, that thankfully is no longer possible, so that they have both, and having both does make a difference towards how effective they are.

Based on all of that, I can see how Lov's argument is valid. All that on one dragon at once would be OP. Especially when you add in other quest crystals that have bonus modifiers, edible crystals, t6 tech'd scales, and tech kits, and obsolete rares.

I am still against having BOTH available to all dragons seeing what they do and calculating it.

I have done rop 20 times easy, and AROP at least 4. I've done Helian and Lunus both all the way to the end. Doesn't mean I will abandon my original character, the one that everyone knows, the one whose personality I play. Saying this would benefit just myself is absurd. I simply gave what I feel is an entirely good reason for my suggestion. I am not going to play the other Dragons of mine, regardless of your opinion on the matter, it's as simple as that. Perhaps I am just too inflexible in this regard. If so, it's time I moved on to another Realm.
    But that is exactly what you said Guaran. You want this change because you don't want to play your other dragons and you don't like how your very old main has turned out...
    The reason to add both, is because combat styles shouldn't be forced on someone simply because of their political faction. A combat style should not be forced on me for picking whichever I chose on my dragon the week rop came out, before arop was even know to be coming.
    I understand if you don't want to play your other dragons, and i'm not saying you have to, no one is. I'm saying that if you do then it is a choice you choose to make. You'll have to put up with lacking certain things or dealing with the outcome of paths you chose to take that character and the fact that content being added, subtracted, or changed in this game over the 10+ years its been around have closed off options whilst opening up others. I have the same situation with my main. Its as old as the game is when it went live, I'm heavily attached to it, and there are things I regret doing or not doing with that character because of things added, subtracted, or changed in the game since it went live. But I can not change those outcomes of my choices. I have to accept them and make the best of what and how my choices for that character have affected it or make a new character/alt.

Please explain what it is about your old character that makes it far too OP. Wishgiver abilities? LOL Wishgiver +10 strength, +10 power, +10 dexterity, +10 focus, +10 health, +10 armor. sorry, this isn't OP for anyone.
    I disagree as its a +10 into every base stat that a dragon has. When you add your scales, your techs, your tech kits, your crystals, your claw, your ablity bonuses, your bonuses gained in RoP and ARoP then it all adds up. What really can make the difference between an older character and a younger one is adding in rares that are obsolete and no longer available in game which old vets like us will have. Those alone give us an advantage via bonuses and modifiers over a new dragon character. When added with that +10 from an obsolete quest will give older characters an advantage over younger ones. Even if its slight, that all adds up and when you take all of that which we older players have had access to, and add in this idea of yours, the outcome makes us OP.

The author of AROP originally wrote in a quest to be able to switch factions during AROP, it got dropped because they felt it added too much complexity at the time it was being developed.
    Please show us what it is you have as proof this was indeed the case and that it is accurate information? Saying something occurred 10+ years ago, does not make it accurate. ARoP has been as it has since it was introduced where concerns being that you could not switch factions. Concepts that do not make it into game or failed beyond the concept stage are not a valid argument for change.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Possibly require beating the faction 'leaders' in a match? I don't know if they're leaders actually, but...whoever it was who directed you through your RoP and tells you about that specific faction. Sameneth and...forget the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Most of my characters are Lunus, actually, and my Helians were mostly raised by my Lunus characters. I'm just giving an example of possible disagreement with the idea - that you can avoid the "tougher" ques tline by going through with the other, then swapping. It's also the view the devs might have: the small playerbase is likely to fall back to that "but you should work for what you get like everyone else" thought train.
    Any Dragon worth their scales waits until at least 50 to do Rop so that they can contribute, or waits until 80 with t5 scales and solo either one. The differences in difficulty is practically nothing. Helian rop is more interesting really..., along with being slightly more difficult. Of course they get the shaft in the end because Dragons do not make a great caster. Not saying they can't be adequate in some situations. But having a caster dragon come along to a Reklar fight, and the contribution is minimal. It's kinda sad that what's considered the easier rop, leads to a dragon build that is ultimately most useful. (imho, not trying to start any flame wars).

So someone does lunus and gets it done with a lower crafting level, who cares? If they keep playing, they will end up with crafter at 100 in the end anyway..

Being able to change your faction as an adult going ancient is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how that'd work from the quest's lore. (If I remember the ARoP's text right, you're basically called upon by your elders and faction leaders to figure out what happened to Elian and open the Gate of Embers - it's not so much of a political choice as the RoP was anymore) (There's also the circumvention of work I mentioned earlier)
    I suppose at the step "Talk to your faction leader", you could have the choice to talk to the other faction leader, who'd seem surprised that you're there, but take note of your change of heart... idk. With that, possibly it'd be a way to get the Lunus stat bonus but Helian crystal or something - mix them, not totally change them?

Anyway, my train of thought is going all over the place here... I'm getting a bit off topic.
    lol.. Arop is pretty much faction independent, the steps are practically identical (kill brecah vs mhedon, etc. woohoo this is gonna make or break my arop!). There's no crafting requirement at all. Likely the "lunus" lore vs "Helian" lore in arop isn't there simply because as I mentioned before, the author originally planned a way to switch factions as part of arop.

My disagreement was to changing on a whim since the game's quests are really clear as to what the factions specialize in, and the player should expect nothing different. After a month in-game most players should now what they want to specialize as and work off of that. However, changing later on as a one time thing would be something to consider.
    Agreed that it doesn't need to be on a whim. There could be a questline for a faction change. I don't agree with those saying it should be 1 time only, nor should it cost loyalty tokens. I can't even fathom why that should be a factor, just seems like a way to keep it away from newer players.. why?

For those saying it is against the lore, I disagree. I can't think of anything in the lore that says a Dragon couldn't or shouldn't change their faction. Those saying this will need to provide evidence of that.

The tooltips are a bit weird in general. I've gotten hit by mobs that set your recycle up 50%, but the recycle just says "1:00" on GR until 30 seconds pass, then it starts counting down. It's possible that the tooltip just doesn't reflect the changed numbers visually, but counts down slightly faster.
    I can assure you that the recycle modifier is broken on the fangs of fury (both the crystal and headscale). The recycle modifier on the Primal Rage works. Easy test, cast Drulkar's Wrath (with the Primal Rage crystal equipped), then immediately hover over the icon and check the recycle time left. It shows the proper reduction (30 seconds).

To be honest, 5% isn't such a huge change that I really notice it much, anyway - if I have time, I'll mess around with it, but you might want to make a bug topic on it? (I know it's been ages since it was broken, according to you, but recent long-standing bugs have been fixed, so it's worth a shot.)

I don't think that making one crystal passive would put dragons over the OP line. It just opens up another weapon slot for a damage crystal or stat crystal or something of the sort. I can't think of any weapon crystals that'd throw dragons into the 'OP zone' if it stacks on top of FoF/PR and other crystals.
    And even though I disagree with faction swapping, I have to defend the fact that it wouldn't make dragons OP either. It's still "either or", and would just allow some sort of versatility to characters, I suppose. Like swapping classes, as Guaran (I think?) said.

Also, having FoF/PR a passive would indeed make it stack with epic claws, but I still don't think that necessarily makes dragons OP. After all, they still have to give up 3 techs/crystals slots to take on the bonuses of the epic claw.
    Agreed. It's not going to make someone OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Then you would know how the use of both crystals even as a passive could make a hybrid OP when both proc at the same time, or proc consistently.
    Playing a hybrid would mean giving up skill in both t&c and primal, as far as maxing them out. So even with both, it just balances out anyway. A lunus gets a Primal Rage proc, ohboy I better start casting some spells... but, the players skill levels are already, lets say averaged between t&c and primal to begin with, it's the players build. So whichever attack he is using at any given moment, is already weaker than had the player specialized all the way.. Getting a boost to an already weakened skill, it's not a big deal.

Proc rates of the crystals are 5% which is the same as most weapon crystals like for ex. Exsanguination. However their effects are much greater than merely direct damage or DoT. On top of granting a +50 primal or TnC stat bonus, when they proc they modify delay and recycle of their respective types (TnC or Primal) by 5% -and- they give a bonus of +250 to tnc/primal and +100 to Str/Power. In total if you proc both you receive...

+250 TnC (+300 TnC total with the +50 granted from the crystal's stat buff)
    +250 Primal (+300 primal total with the +50 granted from the crystal's stat buff)
    +100 Strength
    +100 Power
    -5% delay on melee attacks
    -5% delay on spells
    -5% modier on melee recycle
    -5% modifier on spell recycle

... and you want this -all- as a passive ability?
    Yes, but you are somewhat mistaken. The recycle and delay modifiers are on all the time. The effect proc'ing only grants the 250 skill, and 100 stat. It's a 5% chance for that to happen, for one to proc. and its 5% of 5% chance, or .0025% chance, that both would proc at once. Not OP in the slightest. Also, while the effects are both up, the player is still having to pick one or the other to attack with. During any single processing of the combat queue, the player is getting the benefit of only one or the other.

I disagree as its a +10 into every base stat that a dragon has.
    Which calculates out to ~1.1% for strength and power, about 1/3 of 1 % for health and armor. Dex and Focus come out on top at about 1.3%, of course these stats are really minor for a Dragon.

When the dev's took out the wishgiver, my understanding from conversations with Amon was that the plan was to fix the quests and them bring them back. That never happened, but clearly the dev's don't consider them overpowered (as they aren't). They took the Wishgiver out because she was bugged. Not because a +10 passive focus was making all the older players OP.

Please show us what it is you have as proof this was indeed the case and that it is accurate information? Saying something occurred 10+ years ago, does not make it accurate..
    ***** (name withheld) told me as much in private conversations. Providing proof may not be possible. But I assure you it's the truth. Unless you are accusing me of lying, simply take it as such. (And re-reading your quote, that is exactly what you are doing.) The dev's that are left likely know the truth of my statement. It's also quite possible that I still have the in game logs for the chat with this person, if I chose to dig. Why don't we just wait for a dev to comment regarding that, keep your accusations to yourself.
    Last edited by Guaran; September 10th, 2015 at 03:51 AM.

Please, my very respected. honorable Gentlemen: No flaming and no bad words.
    Who said what and when is not important, when we discuss that issue.

I do still do not support a changing of factions, but could live with Alisto`s suggestion (post No 20)

I still insist on: Having the crystal`s benefits as passive (or even both of them) will overpower dragonclaws-esp the epic ones.
    But I may have an other intention and preferences and other expectations concerning playing Istaria.
    Soloing bosses and having all the game has to offer in one char- is none of those.

Guaran, you say your biped can solo Reklar and Shaloth in seconds- THAT is not balanced- that is not good for the game. No biped should be able to do that. Nor should a dragon. Its still an mmmo- not a stand alone game.

Having a choice is one thing- wanting to have it all with no need- is another thing
    (I apologize that this words might sound hard or inpolite- but cant explain in more political correct words)

So I can sign all what Arzel says
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; September 10th, 2015 at 05:03 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

I do still do not support a changing of factions, but could live with Alisto`s suggestion (post No 20)

I still insist on: Having the crystal`s benefits as passive (or even both of them) will overpower dragonclaws-esp the epic ones.
    But I may have an other intention and preferences and other expectations concerning playing Istaria.
    Soloing bosses and having all the game has to offer in one char- is none of those.

Guaran, you say your biped can solo Reklar and Shaloth in seconds- THAT is not balanced- that is not good for the game. No biped should be able to do that. Nor should a dragon. Its still an mmmo- not a stand alone game.

Having a choice is one thing- wanting to have it all with no need- is another thing
    (I apologize that this words might sound hard or inpolite- but cant explain in more political correct words)

If the lore supports switching fractions yes, but I seen cases where some lunus are casters like the person who hands out the drain bolt quests. I'm sure there is some helians that are fighters. I am all for choice. I recognize balance is very important, as for the crystals if made passive overpowering claws there should be testing on that, cause if you make them passive ability there is a chance that what LOVWYRM said might happen because I can get what she saying by making them passive it might have some unintended effects. Furthermore if it does happen where there are overpowered the effects only last a short duration there is that too. If there is no unintended effects changing the crystals to passive shouldn't be overpowered but still it should stick to fraction as its part of the quest reward for ascending to Ancient because the crystal goes by fraction. Main point is this concept of making the crystals a passive ability should be heavily tested to see what possible affects it could have and for the switching fraction we need to make sure it doesn't mess with the lore.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; September 10th, 2015 at 05:48 AM.

Perhaps I am just too inflexible in this regard. If so, it's time I moved on to another Realm.

I often feel he same-but concerning this- we do NOT have a choice^^

*pegs Guaran`s tail to dralk shrine and surrounds him with a flock of carrion crawlers to perma stun him*

You go nowhere*bg* we need you here!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I can assure you that the recycle modifier is broken on the fangs of fury (both the crystal and headscale). The recycle modifier on the Primal Rage works. Easy test, cast Drulkar's Wrath (with the Primal Rage crystal equipped), then immediately hover over the icon and check the recycle time left. It shows the proper reduction (30 seconds).
    The thread is growing quickly, I haven't parsed all the info yet, but off topic, I'm replying to track down potential bugs. With that said, this statement sticks out to me.

Fangs of Fury is an Attacks Only crystal (melee) trigger. If you're testing both Fangs of Fury vs Primal Rage, then testing with Drulkar Wrath (spell) won't work on Fangs of Fury. Primal Rage will work on Ranged and Spell (Drulkar Wrath) but Fangs of Fury won't work with that test (requires Melee, not spell or ranged attacks).

If the crystals aren't working correctly, we certainly want to fix that. But the parameters on Fangs of Fury looks correct to me. I don't think there is anything you can hover, for a tooltip, to prove that your own attacks has been increased, with the -5% delays.

Crystal - Tootip Comparison
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    The thread is growing quickly, I haven't parsed all the info yet, but off topic, I'm replying to track down potential bugs. With that said, this statement sticks out to me.

Fangs of Fury is an Attacks Only crystal (melee) trigger. If you're testing both Fangs of Fury vs Primal Rage, then testing with Drulkar Wrath (spell) won't work on Fangs of Fury. Primal Rage will work on Ranged and Spell (Drulkar Wrath) but Fangs of Fury won't work with that test (requires Melee, not spell or ranged attacks).

If the crystals aren't working correctly, we certainly want to fix that. But the parameters on Fangs of Fury looks correct to me. I don't think there is anything you can hover, for a tooltip, to prove that your own attacks has been increased, with the -5% delays.

the thing is, the recycle modifier on fangs of fury just doesn't work, if one uses a long recycle ability, for the sake of this arguement let's say it has a 2 minute recycle, then when you hover over the ability after using it it should say: 1:54 if I'm not mistaken, however currently it will just say 2 minutes.

I'm pretty sure most recycle modifiers for melee attacks never worked as I had several blighted scales that had pretty nice recycle modifiers, I think it totalled at -15% or something. (which didn't indicate what it effected, but this is from way back when too) yet I never ever saw the results.

***** (name withheld) told me as much in private conversations. Providing proof may not be possible. But I assure you it's the truth. Unless you are accusing me of lying, simply take it as such. (And re-reading your quote, that is exactly what you are doing.) The dev's that are left likely know the truth of my statement. It's also quite possible that I still have the in game logs for the chat with this person, if I chose to dig. Why don't we just wait for a dev to comment regarding that, keep your accusations to yourself.
    If you want to read more into what I asked and make accusations yourself, I can tell you they are not there from my part. Might need to follow your own advice tho. It is a simple easy enough question based in logic. There is no emotion to it and you read well beyond anything that is there. It is important to have proof to information if you are going to use it to support your argument. This is a major rule to follow if you are going to have any debate and discussion.

(goodness knows my high school debate team coach from 15 years ago would love me right now if he saw this)

It does not matter who said what or who told you what. Unless you have the proof to accompany it, then it is hearsay and not important. If you have heard it from someone else, where did they get it? How credible is it? They could be mistaken, they could have misheard, or you might be remembering the details wrong. Without the proof, it is playing a game of telephone and that isn't factual. You can't expect people to just believe you at your word just because you say it is so. Especially if it is something from 10+ years ago. If you don't want to dig for it, then that is all well and good. Your choice, but then don't get upset and expect others to take that information with more than a grain of salt.

As for the Fangs of Fury, if the crystal is not working properly then it should be looked at and fixed by the devs, if possible. The answer is not to be found in allowing dragons to have both crystals available to them nor is it in being allowed to change factions at end game on a whim. I can tell you that my Primal Rage crystal does work for the modifier and delay percentage properly, so the issue is just with the Fangs of Fury crystal, and it does need to be fixed.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    ...Fangs of Fury is an Attacks Only crystal (melee) trigger. If you're testing both Fangs of Fury vs Primal Rage, then testing with Drulkar Wrath (spell) won't work on Fangs of Fury. Primal Rage will work on Ranged and Spell (Drulkar Wrath) but Fangs of Fury won't work with that test (requires Melee, not spell or ranged attacks).

The Fangs of Fury recycle modifier should only affect melee abilities. The Primal Rage should only affect spell recycles. The primal rage properly affects the recycles on spells. -5%. on a 10 minute recycle spell, right after casting, the recycle tooltip shows 9:29. I never meant to say that Fangs of Fury should be working on spells, or that the Primal Rage should be working melee attacks. Doing the same test on the longest recycle melee attack, the recycle is unaffected when using Fangs of Fury. Waay back when, it did work properly.

As far as the delay modifiers, I have not done a detailed test on that in many years. But you can test that by auto attacking someone in the area, for a specified amount of time. Once without the fangs of fury crystal in, once with. count the attacks up over say a 5 minute period for each test scenario. You should see about 5% more for the test period where the fangs of fury was in place. Same test and can also be done for a repeating spell (prime bolt) with the Primal Rage equipped.

I've done the above test ages ago. I know the Primal Rage properly worked, I think the delay modifier might have also worked on fangs... but again, I haven't tested this half in a very long time. Just take a biped healer to the Arena, they can easily heal thru the whole test cycles.

Recycle modifier should affect the recycle timer on an eligible ability, making it re-usable a bit faster.

Delay should shorten the time any eligible ability or spell takes to be cast/executed. So over time, more attacks, more spells should be cast. This is reliably testable on attacks that repeat automatically.

For all tests, the same buffs, or even no buffs, should be present on the Dragon.
    Last edited by Guaran; September 10th, 2015 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Thanks Lov for your comments. We will have to agree to disagree on whether the changes would be overpowering or not. Regardless you will always be a friend of mine.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Any Dragon worth their scales waits until at least 50 to do Rop so that they can contribute, or waits until 80 with t5 scales and solo either one. The differences in difficulty is practically nothing. Helian rop is more interesting really..., along with being slightly more difficult. Of course they get the shaft in the end because Dragons do not make a great caster. Not saying they can't be adequate in some situations. But having a caster dragon come along to a Reklar fight, and the contribution is minimal. It's kinda sad that what's considered the easier rop, leads to a dragon build that is ultimately most useful. (imho, not trying to start any flame wars).

So someone does lunus and gets it done with a lower crafting level, who cares? If they keep playing, they will end up with crafter at 100 in the end anyway..
    Usually that's what I do, but I don't bother with getting crafting up beyond the minimum since I already have 1 maxed char and one nearly-maxed char anyway.

Yes, they may end up at 100 in the end, but it's still more-vs-less work along the way - if someone got a bonus at level 30 by circumventing a questline and you were forced to get it at level 50, you might be annoyed. It could be looked at in the same - or a similar - way. In the end, I'm just iffy about seeing people avoid a quest because some other one might be easier. Seeing someone circumvent any work puts a bad taste in my mouth, no matter the end product.

lol.. Arop is pretty much faction independent, the steps are practically identical (kill brecah vs mhedon, etc. woohoo this is gonna make or break my arop!). There's no crafting requirement at all. Likely the "lunus" lore vs "Helian" lore in arop isn't there simply because as I mentioned before, the author originally planned a way to switch factions as part of arop.
    My point with that paragraph was more so "How can we edit the current beginning text in the ARoP to allow people to swap factions before ascending to ancient, so they don't have to undergo yet another individual quest if they make the choice beforehand?". I wasn't saying "but it doesn't work with lore!!", it just would be a bit strange to have someone who initially identifies as Lunus to just suddenly become Helian without any sort of reaction from the Dragons who led you to become adults in the first place.

Basically, I was saying that once the quest separates into factions for the first time, you just talk to the other faction leader to get the quest for the faction you want.
    (I feel these two paragraphs are a mess of thought here, so sorry if I'm unclear. I'm not sure how to explain it.)

Agreed that it doesn't need to be on a whim. There could be a questline for a faction change. I don't agree with those saying it should be 1 time only, nor should it cost loyalty tokens. I can't even fathom why that should be a factor, just seems like a way to keep it away from newer players.. why?
    I never said it had to cost loyalty tokens, if you're directing that to me. I prefer the idea of a questline + long time limit or 1-time use.

I was suggesting one-time only because having someone swap between factions every other week just.. doesn't work with the lore, in this case. (I can't see a dragon changing their mind every 2 weeks) I take your suggestion as giving players a possibility to change their faction if they feel they made a mistake, not really a way for dragons to "multiclass", and I support the thought of giving people a second chance. I'm just not entirely sure on swapping often, or multiple times a year. (Aka 4-5 times a year)

For those saying it is against the lore, I disagree. I can't think of anything in the lore that says a Dragon couldn't or shouldn't change their faction. Those saying this will need to provide evidence of that.
    In the post you replied to, I didn't say that you shouldn't be able to change your mind or swap your faction. That isn't against the lore either, in my opinion. My character Racktor was initially Lunus, but he changed to be Helian in RP, and now feels more neutral - I wouldn't RP that if I felt it broke the lore. But those changes and thoughts came over the course of many years, not a few weeks.

While changing your faction in short bursts of time isn't necessarily against the lore, it doesn't really work with the lore or how dragons are written. Dragons seem to be rather loyal to their faction and beliefs, not really wanting to change it. Heck, Helian led an exodus to Chiconis based on her beliefs and I remember some dragons throwing insults to the other faction. It's not impossible for a dragon to change their mind, I imagine - they're young when they make their choice. But constantly swapping from one side to the other? It'd be a bit strange in the world we're given.

Noted. I must've just not noticed it before, then.

Ok that makes more sense. I can agree that quick switching seems unlikely to be needed, or likely from a character's story standpoint... Not really sure what to do about that, other than just give the quest a 6 or 12 month recycle.

So dev's, any thoughts of making the arop crystal effects as passive abilities? This could just be a simple exchange quest from V'Tieruu.

A faction change questline, if it's in the cards, could come later since that would take more work.

Devs will consider it as with any suggestion. But just wanted to chime in that I see what's wrong with Fangs of Fury affecting ability recycle times. Devs will get that fixed up over the weekend and will also get Primal Rage to show the correct tooltip. Primal Rage does proc correctly at 5% chance, but doesn't show that 5% in tooltip, like Fangs of Fury does.

Thanks for bringing that up, Guaran.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information