Thread: Been bringing my friends to istaria. (from eq2)

Talking Been bringing my friends to istaria. (from eq2)

Hello everyone ive been bringing everyone from my guild to istaria they love the game so far and one wishes there where better grapics and maybe a shop that holds house items like chairs tables or even have food ontop of the table for house reasons or furniture, Could there be a shop to buy these items or have them added in just to satisfy the roleplayers that love houses they all love the game thus far and ill continue to bring old roleplay vets and future populations into istaria. The one and only complaint that was said was the lack of races but other then that they love your game. They also have said they rather have a game they can play for free then a lock out. But some poor guildmates cant evn afford alot so they are happy to play as a human

Ive brought over 3 guildmates over last night and all i can say the guild im in eq2 rivals istarias community

what they love about the game: 1: The community. 2: Multiclassing, 3: Dragons playability and how you made it work. 4: Economy, as its horribly inflated in eq1 and 2 a single level 1 sword costs 6 plats they welcome the coins copper and silver and gold are worth something now! 5: The devs and how they listion to them and personally help them in support and not some gamemaster. 6: the legendary loot system for raiding. 7: very compacf game size as the games they play wreck there storage space most are like 70-120 gigs big but istarias just 10gigs big and they clap for you! 8: Open minds you can rp as if your from space and. istaria players accept your character. 9: Customize everything. 10: the subscriptions and botless you fellas hold the most careing subs todate 9$ a month is no big deal and even makes most players happy, and you dont like bots as every player here is a player and not a program.

Ill be bringing more players to istaria to play with me and do things together. Thank you for everyones time!
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Been bringing my friends to istaria. (from eq2)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    one wishes there where better grapics
    From the FAQ:
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I don't like popping bubbles. Especially when I would love to see the visuals in Istaria brought to a new level as much as anyone. But overhauling the engine would not be the only thing that would need to be done. Nor upgrading servers/bandwidth. Pretty much the entire graphical asset set would need to be replaced as well. New models. New textures to go on those models. All new effects to go with the new engine. New shaders for textures that gleam/reflect or animate in some way (think portal shimmer). What you are talking about is basically building an entire new game minus game play mechanics and existing content. We are doing a few things behind the scenes to update and improve but it is a more gradual improvement over time that is less noticeable instead of making a big splash all at once. With the amount of time and effort needed to put forth such an overhaul it would be more feasible to create Istaria 2. (Anyone got a few spare million for development money they would like to invest?)

But regardless, besides a few quirks here and there, Istaria still is a pretty darn good looking game for it's age. I've seen newer games that don't look as good as this one. Istaria has a more realistic color palette than others which have a more vivid "cartoonish" look to them. And I prefer it that way, actually. Istaria is easier on the eyes though that same appearance that I like may make it look less exciting to those who judge by a quick impression. It is the same old judging a book by it's cover thing, I suppose.
    ~~~~

maybe a shop that holds house items like chairs tables or even have food ontop of the table for house reasons or furniture, Could there be a shop to buy these items or have them added in just to satisfy the roleplayers that love houses
    From the FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Manson, thanks for posting your suggestions. We, both developers and players, would surely love to have furniture and decorations for housing. Unfortunately the technology required in the client isn't there. And probably won't be given the amount of work (and re-work) that would be required to implement it.

But, we do very much appreciate your suggestions. Glad you are enjoying Istaria!
    ~~~~

The one and only complaint that was said was the lack of races but other then that they love your game.
    Everquest has a crapton of races in comparison to most games - heck, I consider Istaria to have a lot of races at 11. Guess it's personal preference. :P

~~~

They also have said they rather have a game they can play for free then a lock out. But some poor guildmates cant evn afford alot so they are happy to play as a human
    If discussion on that topic starts again the thread might be locked for repetition, so I won't say anything other than they can play as any race they want now. I think with peds they can have each school go up to level.. 10? Or so, so it's not just one class for peds.

Welcome to the game for your friends, though, and I hope they enjoy their time in Istaria.

Thread Information