Thread: Istaria F2P?

Default Istaria F2P?

there, that's going to catch atleast some attention.

alright, it seems the F2P model has either changed again, or hasn't been changed properly, and I thought the forums would be the best place to post this.

Anyhow, after hearing several things earlier today, I decided to make a new free account to see whether the f2p level limits were in fact in, and I can conclude that after hitting lvl 11 mage on a human character, I guess they're not? but from other people I've also heard that all races are now in fact open to F2P accounts.

...so basicly the free 2 play option is now equal to the $10 subscription? yeah clearly something went wrong when it comes to the level cap.

And just so everything is clear, these are still the limits as listed by the acces types page:
    ___
    * 1 Character Slot *
    Bipeds Level 10 Cap per School
    Dragons Level 15 Cap per School
    No Plot or Lair
    No Guild Ownership
    10 Global Consignment Slots
    1 Concurrent Login
    Can Not Use Account Upgrades (see list below)
    ___

Default Re: Istaria F2P?

Out of curiosity, did you test the same on a non-human biped? Perhaps they found a way to bring back uncapped humans while capping the other races? Dunno, just wishful thinking there.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you test the same on a non-human biped? Perhaps they found a way to bring back uncapped humans while capping the other races? Dunno, just wishful thinking there.
    I'll test that out tomorrow morning if we get mo further explenation on this. but I did recieve word from several other players that they have been capable of making any of the other races, no idea on whether the cap works on them or not though.

That being said! the game will still mention that, while on a F2P account, you are only allowed to create a human character in the character creator (which I'm guessing is/should be just outdated feedback)

Thanks for the report. I believe this was fixed this past Tuesday. If you find that you can still level, please advise.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

I know some people still can level possibly and that the limits might not be working even with Free Account and it seems it doesn't matter the species. I am just wanting things balanced, but also it works even if you character is already past the level limit when you make the character a free account and you can still level up. It doesn't matter what race.

I noticed and tested on my old account that Skypool Heart could level up with the Free Access.
    Those who hate, are filled with dishonor.
    But those who have peace in their heart will find a heavenly future.

Old account should continue leveling up, they said at the time the changes were being made would not affect existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn_Skypool View Post
    I noticed and tested on my old account that Skypool Heart could level up with the Free Access.

!!Rwr Smaug Rwr!!

Thanks for the 'honest' reports. Older characters (grandfathered) should still receive exp.

The newer characters has been fixed, which wasn't really fixed before.

All shards were patched (no download/reboot required, sim was patched) about 3-4 hours ago. New characters should no longer be able to gain experience past the set caps. There will also be a feedback message when you kill mobs, past the cap, that exp doesn't count.

If you find any exceptions, please report those.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information