Thread: AE do something to improve the engine!!

Default AE do something to improve the engine!!

Args ist's getting more and more worse.

Every day there come more and mory player Structures into the game;
    And every day the framerate goes more and more down.

Now i have most times only 8-10fps in augh (when there are only a few players)

Don't want to get back to the hard days in Parsinia, when there where only 6 fps possible.

Problems with the engine have till now cost more players than missing support!!!

Default Re: AE do something to improve the engine!!

what structures [:P]
    link 1
    link 2
    link 3
    link 4
    link 5
    link 6

hehe I have no idea of what your talking about structures they are in game[:P]

..wish ae would respond o my tickect about my issue :(
    but in the mean time it makes it easy for me to make those pics of me burning down places hehe

hehe - Blue's Curse
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

They are improving the engine - slowly - very slowly :(

I took the Amercan approach, stacks of ram and a processor straight from Hell's forge... at least it was when I bought it.. [:P] Even then I struggle in Tazoon...

Watch that electric bill Soar...! [:D]

I know what you mean though, Horizons does have an awful lot going on behind the scenes, and so much depth with what can be done interface wise. I hope it can be streamlined, but my IT side thinks that it may be a while.

Spirit

the engine needs to be replaced. David Bowman has already admitted this. He was talking about doing so whenever they have an expansion ready for the game.

Till then the best they can do is tweak things and they have pretty much already hit the brick wall there. Remember when the servers were with verio they already had 40 hardware servers running this all and it didn't help. Now they have less so there isn't much more they can do performance wise.

What you have now is what you get till they increase their server hardware numbers and that won't happen till they are in the black ink.

I give them an A for effort though can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain
    the engine needs to be replaced. David Bowman has already admitted this. He was talking about doing so whenever they have an expansion ready for the game.

Till then the best they can do is tweak things and they have pretty much already hit the brick wall there. Remember when the servers were with verio they already had 40 hardware servers running this all and it didn't help. Now they have less so there isn't much more they can do performance wise.

What you have now is what you get till they increase their server hardware numbers and that won't happen till they are in the black ink.

I give them an A for effort though can't deny that.
    A good client will perform regardless of the how the server is doing.
    AE, how about opensourcing the client source code? Or releasing the specifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    /setpref effectson true

That will fix Blue's problem...

what will this do? I have a bad framerate problem has, well. 6fps in town at the max, 12 outside of town.

they need a complete new engine i fear

the old isnt be able to be improved

every monster they add will cause dead do an old one

Quote Originally Posted by Marco

A good client will perform regardless of the how the server is doing.
    AE, how about opensourcing the client source code? Or releasing the specifications?
    End user client engine and server code and hardware implementation go hand in hand with any MMO. To neglect one will negate the efficiency of the other. So when AE gets around to replacing their outdated engine they will have to consider the server side of things as well. So yeah a well coded engine is critical but it is ONLY one factor in all of this.

As far as open sourcing that would be a good idea but it will never ever happen. I believe they would be helped in squashing all the compounded bugs that are seeming to occur because after all they have limited person power.

Its a nice thought but will never happen in a pay to play environment. Then again who knows what the future holds.

Thread Information