Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Undo "fixes"

Default Re: Undo "fixes"

Quote Originally Posted by Willthesaviorofistaria View Post
    Are we forgetting something here they are dragons??? Umm arent dragons supposed to be strong. Also, do you want to play a game of macroers or game like this. Besides bipeds are better crafters and should stay that way. Dragon i think should be better at fighting. A mage type should become powerful with all the classes but they ruined that by taking away chain casting bombs which i never agreed with. But these all are my opinion. Id make the game alot different if i did it my way. Dragon would be strong,mage type would be second but take a long time to make. You dont HAVE to be level 279 if your sole purpose to play this game is be 279 in im opinion u are here for the wrong reason. Are we forgetting that this a roleplaying game. SOME of us are just happy to be here . SOME of you are just flat out brats. BRATS. Sorry ill just put it bluntly and i know i will be flamed and not liked for this. If U think u can do better go to school and make ur own game. The devs work hard. Yes ive had my indifference with some of them but they mean well. Biped should be weak get over it. Biped gather and miner can gather or mine a ton of resources. Monk in istaria are unique and should be focused on more in my opinion. Try making a scholar and use shield scrolls to fight. I think it should take 40 yrs to get to 279. flame away. I love this game. Plz stop complaining. Come up with a constuctives idea. i have some but i lack funding money and schooling and u probably wouldnt like them and most gamers wouldnt. And finally note being a noob is fun. I have the most fun with my biped at low levels and i have had a couple bipeds with higher ratings. And i wish i could roleplay a character and stay in character but i cant that is why i dont play on order. i cant be quiet.
    I read the first 3 sentences of this and skimmed the list bit.
    honestly, you're the one that should go to school as you clearly don't understand the basics of game design here. Dragons are not, and were never meant to be "stronger" than bipeds.
    wanting to hit 279 is the wrong reason to play the game? hitting a goal, that's supposedly the end goal of the game, is the wrong reason to play? It's not a ropeplaying game like Impressive Title/Feralheart is, which have no immediate goals and are basicly just chatlobbies disguised as a game, this is a game with lore, actual gameplay and goals, if someone wants to reach those goals, that's fine, if someone wants to be rewarded for those goals, that's fine, and it's definately not "the wrong reason to play".

However, for the game to be proper and enjoyable, it's best for them to be balanced, why? I mean we don't have pvp right? well, there's still the PvE element, currently dragons can still one-shot enemies without any actual proper stats or heck even scales, bipeds are capable of doing so too, but it is heavily dependant on who they're fighting, what skills they have at their disposal, how their stats are, etc. etc. etc. Now does that seem fair to you (ofcourse it does, either way).

Why should a dragon be stronger? you can level a dragon to max in a month or less, and you can min-max them in roughly 4 months. Bipeds, even though there are some quick ways, take A LOT longer, and they shouldn't be rewarded for that? heck, bipeds should be stronger in my eyes, and that's coming from a player who has 80% of dragons in her character list. There's a lot less work that goes into dragons, and it's sad to see the game's main gimmick...be so simple.
    ___
    As for helping the game out, you need 0 funding or even schooling, all you have to do is post, if you actually read the thread you'd see that we're coming up with ways to get over the incredibe grind of the game for bipeds, and we're being lots more constructive than your single post.

Either way, I said what's on my mind, take it or leave it.

Didnt you see where i said most gamers wouldnt like my games. Did u even read what i wrote? IM not game designer that why i leave it to you guys but im happy with what i got. And i dont believe ur sole purpose in game should be to get max level it should be to have fun. I guess if u want to have fun by getting max level go ahead be my guest. But in original fantasy stories dragons are always very strong and this a fantasy game. I know it doesnt fit the market that why my game design wouldnt work. It would if i could get enough money and make it as large and how i wanted. But i would need alot of help and most likely it would fail. Besides im allowed to dream. IM still entitled to my opinion. And yes i am very naive about game design. But in the same post i just defended the developers. So im not sure what ur leading at. IM allowed to dream and think how the game should be. But i still say biped should be weak dragon should be powerful. YOu dont have to agree with me but i respect ur views. But id like to see a game that breaks the normal game genre. At one time Istaria did. Dont you think it is time maybe they step up again.? Besides i bought this game before launch had a shoulder cow once and sold it recently. This is my real forum account i dont need to make a fake one. IM not the one complaining about the game im about 95% happy with it. Im happy with the direction it has gone over the years. I still think bipeds should be weak youll never change my mind. So we agree to disagree. I have played several games over the years and they all suck cuz they try to make it so everyones happy and just dont become unique. Why wouldnt it be cool if dragons were the strongest? I know it wouldnt work but it be unique. Like said my game would fail. But im old school fantasy which is funny because i was hard core powergamer for awhile and now ive gone back to my root fantasy and realized the importance of just good old fantasy fun and that what originally attracted me to istaria it said i could stay in town and craft all day or go out in adventure. It never promised me id be complete god like creature. But i do think dragons should be god like creatures. I had to play my role. But this is a derail now sorry.
    Last edited by Willthesaviorofistaria; November 20th, 2015 at 09:59 AM.

I read the first 3 sentences of this and skimmed the list bit.
    honestly, you're the one that should go to school as you clearly don't understand the basics of game design here. Dragons are not, and were never meant to be "stronger" than bipeds.
    wanting to hit 279 is the wrong reason to play the game? hitting a goal, that's supposedly the end goal of the game, is the wrong reason to play? It's not a ropeplaying game like Impressive Title/Feralheart is, which have no immediate goals and are basicly just chatlobbies disguised as a game, this is a game with lore, actual gameplay and goals, if someone wants to reach those goals, that's fine, if someone wants to be rewarded for those goals, that's fine, and it's definately not "the wrong reason to play".
    I have to agree with Meepsa on this point this is an active game and not the bullcrap of FeralHeart. There is crap that goes on their with roleplay and I heard some very bad stuff like multiple people doing unspeakable acts. Like Meepsa said it has no end goals. This is a game with goals and hard work. I want to save istaria too, WillthesaviorofIstaria there has to be change. But having the maintain that everything that should stay the same is the wrong idea. We need to adapt to change. Even I release the grind for biped needs to be adjusted in some way.

However, for the game to be proper and enjoyable, it's best for them to be balanced, why? I mean we don't have pvp right? well, there's still the PvE element, currently dragons can still one-shot enemies without any actual proper stats or heck even scales, bipeds are capable of doing so too, but it is heavily dependant on who they're fighting, what skills they have at their disposal, how their stats are, etc. etc. etc. Now does that seem fair to you (ofcourse it does, either way).
    I agree with that point the game needs most importantly be balanced. But also stick to the lore. According to the lore the bipeds used to fear the dragons and see them as gods. There isn't really any PvP element only fighting an arena. Yes we can only one-shot enemies every one minute but sometimes does 0 damage due to some enemy abilities so we need to focus on other moves and some stats do matter but minimum for dragons and some mobs like blight hounds and mylocs can be highly evasive. I know and heard from others that bipeds are weaker and are weak against the Withered Scales Dragons (the ghost and zombie dragons). I already sent something in to the devs that they liked. To make Withered Scale dragons more different to Dragons and bipeds. Bipeds are like what meepsa said it is based on stats and how you do your school and lot of factors. In a way it isn't fair cause if you mess it up your screwed and has to rely on trophies after a certain rating around 230. That's why bipeds in a unique way should have abilities and stuff adjusted to overcome these handicaps.

Why should a dragon be stronger? you can level a dragon to max in a month or less, and you can min-max them in roughly 4 months. Bipeds, even though there are some quick ways, take A LOT longer, and they shouldn't be rewarded for that? heck, bipeds should be stronger in my eyes, and that's coming from a player who has 80% of dragons in her character list. There's a lot less work that goes into dragons, and it's sad to see the game's main gimmick...be so simple.
    I don't agree with this but in some ways I do. It will take more than 4 months probably 5-6 or more depending if there isn't any double xp or not. Yes, I have a biped myself and I can tell it take a lot and very grindy cause you have to be careful and not use trophies which is your only source cause there isn't many quests, but wait you cannot you have to save them for when the xp is reduced to near 0 at the higher ratings! I think bipeds should get some unique rewards and adjustments. Bipeds and Dragons should be unique and strong in their own special way. Because the main point of the game is to fight against the Withered Aegis. So they should be able to work together. That means bipeds can not remain weak. They need to be stronger in their own special way, but it also shouldn't take like over 5 years. I mainly have Dragons but I understand cause I have a biped character. The dragons are kind of simple I think may need some new schools to make them more unique.

As for helping the game out, you need 0 funding or even schooling, all you have to do is post, if you actually read the thread you'd see that we're coming up with ways to get over the incredibe grind of the game for bipeds, and we're being lots more constructive than your single post.

Either way, I said what's on my mind, take it or leave it.
    Meepsa is right here, we need ways to make bipeds adjusted and reduce the grind for bipeds so they can better help the dragons against the Withered Aegis. Plus you don't need any funding. or schooling all you need to is post. I care about the devs and their work and I seek to help them.

Are we forgetting something here they are dragons??? Umm arent dragons supposed to be strong.
    Dragons are already ridiculously and absurdly strong. If you play a full melee dragon then your gold rage is without any contest whatsoever, the most powerful ability available to players. If you play a caster dragon then sure, they're not as strong even with the two epic spells and primal cast at their disposal. However if you play a hybrid, you get decent use of gold rage, epic spells, and your breaths are easily the most powerful of any dragon build since you get to double dip on the stats that boost breaths (50% strength and 50% power). Dragons have their t6 scales with their incredible stat boosts PLUS two tech slots in addition to that. I know dragons who are able to solo things they shouldn't be able to. Dragons are easy to play and easy to level with only one adventure school, it's nearly impossible to make a dragon's build so bad that they can't fight at their level. We absolutely do NOT need to make dragons more powerful than they already are.

Bipeds, however are difficult to play and yes, do take a lot of time and effort to play properly. But I agree that the grind becomes incredibly painful with them once their rating makes killing for raw xp impossible and trophies or town marshall quests become the only option to get a level this century. My highest biped's only at about 150 rating and I'm already dreading every time I go to level him more, I can only imagine what it's like for a rating 200+ biped.

Come up with a constuctives idea.
    You obviously haven't read the suggestions here then... more quests for all the biped classes would REALLY help reduce the insane grind, the same grind that often drives away new players and contributes to old players losing interest and leaving. I'm not saying the grind should disappear, but it should definitely be lessened and lessened specifically for bipeds.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Besides i bought this game before launch had a shoulder cow once and sold it recently.
    ooh you must have gotten it from the same place i got my dragon saddle from
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
    Dragons are already ridiculously and absurdly strong. If you play a full melee dragon then your gold rage is without any contest whatsoever, the most powerful ability available to players. If you play a caster dragon then sure, they're not as strong even with the two epic spells and primal cast at their disposal. However if you play a hybrid, you get decent use of gold rage, epic spells, and your breaths are easily the most powerful of any dragon build since you get to double dip on the stats that boost breaths (50% strength and 50% power). Dragons have their t6 scales with their incredible stat boosts PLUS two tech slots in addition to that. I know dragons who are able to solo things they shouldn't be able to. Dragons are easy to play and easy to level with only one adventure school, it's nearly impossible to make a dragon's build so bad that they can't fight at their level. We absolutely do NOT need to make dragons more powerful than they already are.

Bipeds, however are difficult to play and yes, do take a lot of time and effort to play properly. But I agree that the grind becomes incredibly painful with them once their rating makes killing for raw xp impossible and trophies or town marshall quests become the only option to get a level this century. My highest biped's only at about 150 rating and I'm already dreading every time I go to level him more, I can only imagine what it's like for a rating 200+ biped.

You obviously haven't read the suggestions here then... more quests for all the biped classes would REALLY help reduce the insane grind, the same grind that often drives away new players and contributes to old players losing interest and leaving. I'm not saying the grind should disappear, but it should definitely be lessened and lessened specifically for bipeds.
    That's my point Macheon, they are ridiculously strong but shouldn't be nerfed nor should be made even more powerful. Now it's the time to bring up the bipeds so they can support the dragons in war against withered aegis. The purpose of this game is the united races war against the withered aegis not the dragon war against the withered aegis nor the biped war against the withered aegis but united war. That means adjusting the bipeds in a balanced way and take of the grind strain from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    ooh you must have gotten it from the same place i got my dragon saddle from

I'm SO sorry! I wasn't there to stop him. He was without a handler.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Didnt you see where i said most gamers wouldnt like my games. Did u even read what i wrote? IM not game designer that why i leave it to you guys but im happy with what i got. And i dont believe ur sole purpose in game should be to get max level it should be to have fun. I guess if u want to have fun by getting max level go ahead be my guest. But in original fantasy stories dragons are always very strong and this a fantasy game. I know it doesnt fit the market that why my game design wouldnt work. It would if i could get enough money and make it as large and how i wanted. But i would need alot of help and most likely it would fail. Besides im allowed to dream. IM still entitled to my opinion. And yes i am very naive about game design. But in the same post i just defended the developers. So im not sure what ur leading at. IM allowed to dream and think how the game should be. But i still say biped should be weak dragon should be powerful. YOu dont have to agree with me but i respect ur views. But id like to see a game that breaks the normal game genre. At one time Istaria did. Dont you think it is time maybe they step up again.? Besides i bought this game before launch had a shoulder cow once and sold it recently. This is my real forum account i dont need to make a fake one. IM not the one complaining about the game im about 95% happy with it. Im happy with the direction it has gone over the years. I still think bipeds should be weak youll never change my mind. So we agree to disagree. I have played several games over the years and they all suck cuz they try to make it so everyones happy and just dont become unique. Why wouldnt it be cool if dragons were the strongest? I know it wouldnt work but it be unique. Like said my game would fail. But im old school fantasy which is funny because i was hard core powergamer for awhile and now ive gone back to my root fantasy and realized the importance of just good old fantasy fun and that what originally attracted me to istaria it said i could stay in town and craft all day or go out in adventure. It never promised me id be complete god like creature. But i do think dragons should be god like creatures. I had to play my role. But this is a derail now sorry.
    I'm going to be nice and not critique your extensive set of rants. Based off the information and rant you spewed forth from what ever gaping chasm you call a mouth. You play a dragon....... " bipeds should be weak." Hell why don't we just remove them. You can not enjoy scrolls for buffs or travel, potions for gathering, nor food for DP reduction. Considering dragons can not make any of that. Having dragons focus on combat and bipeds should do crafting.... Ok, thats cool, take away all of the dragons crafting schools then, guess who you come running to. There is a prize for being all powerful in the world, and it is being alone.

You all have gotten crazy off-topic.

Stop with the whining "Dragons are too strong" "Bipeds are too weak" Bipeds can be far stronger. In fact the Gold Rage nerf was un-necessary imho.

One of my bipeds, note the timestamps. Killed the add first, then:
    [02/19/15 20:19:04] Drillina_unity cast Primal Boon.
    [02/19/15 20:19:04] McCracken healed himself with Revitalize V for 514 health.
    [02/19/15 20:19:05] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 7148 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:05] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 8113 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:05] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 7810 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:05] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 7000 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:05] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 7337 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:05] Stun III failed because General Reklar Plaguebearer has Fearlessness (Stun Immunity).
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] Drillina_unity began casting Primal Boon.
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You hit yourself for 71 damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] Gained experience: 1644 ( 617 from group bonus )
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You have successfully taken down one of the Greater Epic Enemies of Istaria. Congratulations..
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 9552 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 8177 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 8685 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 9334 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:06] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 8176 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:07] You have received 10 Epic Token.
    [02/19/15 20:19:07] Felicia_ice_unity hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Demon Flurry for 0 nature damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:07] McCracken healed himself with Improved Revitalize V for 549 health.
    [02/19/15 20:19:07] You hit General Reklar Plaguebearer with Socketed Undead Slaying Priceless Adamantium Two-Handed Sword for 19481 Reklar Slayer damage .
    [02/19/15 20:19:07] General Reklar Plaguebearer has been killed.
    Stop asking for nerfs to Dragons or Bipeds or whatever school..

The best part of this thread is ideas on reducing Grind, let's get back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post

Stop with the whining "Dragons are too strong" "Bipeds are too weak" Bipeds can be far stronger. In fact the Gold Rage nerf was un-necessary imho.

The best part of this thread is ideas on reducing Grind, let's get back to that.

Don't think my biped has ever hit for more then 1200 and that is with crit strike.
    Looks like you have a bunch of items no one else can get as well, so your numbers are for only you, as no one else can achieve those number without the items they cannot obtain.

Nope.

Those spells, techs, and weapons can be found now.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

ok go find me a boars hide mask....

and based of his numbers and time stamps he is running Melee flurry III, which means his normal hits and regular auto attacks are 18k-21k just for a simple swing of a 2h weapon.

Spell - Primal Boon

Tech - Weapon Socket, Not sure what specifically give Undead Slayer...

Weapon - Priceless Adamantium Zwiehander, Demon Flurry

Didn't say nothin' 'bout BHM, nor did I see it.

Don't have one.

Why is there always someone who wants a nuclear weapon, one-shot, one-swipe, let Drakul sort-'em-out instant win?!?!?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

The BHM has to be apart of it, its a 200% dmg modifier, hes basically stacking damage modifiers. Primal boon only makes it so he can hit the mob, there is no + dmg or modifier other then that, Undead slayer is just a quest weapon tech +10 dps (delay adjust) and 65 Str. Weapon is nothing special really, Its all the damage modifiers he is stacking. Just trying to figure out what he is pulling the extra 700% damage from.

not matter what i say seriously here to anyone u will come back with something to say ive been down this road in other games. IM happy with my game and my bipeds. If ur not then go somewhere else im sorry im just going to be mean like that. I think bipeds can be powerful some people have told me how i just havent really cared to do it nor will i share with u now cuz u just came on here ur all mad. whatever have nice day im done here. Last response. Ive also havent not seen a good solution to fixing supposed broken bipeds. If u have besides uping the spawn back to 10 then think of one. but anyways im done guaran just showed u it can be done. there are other ones. have nice day. Next time dont come in so angry. hes refering to me cuz ihave bhm he is taking cheap shots. And i think i know exactly who this is by the way he is acting he takes this game very seriously and just needs to realize it is not a competiontion. Ty have nice day. Get some sun.
    Last edited by Willthesaviorofistaria; November 21st, 2015 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post

Guaran is right I have to agree with him. Bipeds are powerful and Dragons are powerful just in their own unique way. This topic has gotten off topic. Instead of nerfing dragons cause they are too strong and any other excuse. I have personally fought alongside Guaran I seen his biped rip Reklar to shreds. The fact is dragons are strong but now it is balanced. Bipeds have many schools which make it unique but the grind is ridiculous. That should be the main focus. This is has gone way off topic.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; November 21st, 2015 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    ok go find me a boars hide mask....

and based of his numbers and time stamps he is running Melee flurry III, which means his normal hits and regular auto attacks are 18k-21k just for a simple swing of a 2h weapon.
    BHM is just one piece (the only part no longer available). The posted numbers can be done once every 20 minutes, the bhm cooldown. Without it, just cut the numbers in half, which is achievable every 5 minutes. So yeah, if you knew how, you could right now kill Reklar in 7 seconds without BHM. And there's at least one thing I didn't even bother with that would have raised the damage.

I wouldn't have bothered posting it, just tired of everyone complaining about this class or that, or about Dragons.

besides all other well known unique features Istaria has- there is another one- maybe the most important:

We are no clones- means: If a biped is rating (e.g.) 150 he can be stronger and more efficient than a rating 278.
    A level 80 hatchie can be double dangerous than a lvl100 ancient.
    That means: If you have reached endgame- all are NOT the same-like in many other games
    In Istaria, a char is as strong as you make him/her
    There is much to learn and even more to know about how to raise and play a char.
    And players may share their secrets- or may not.
    Guarans logs are very impressive--
    But believe me: He-and other vet players do not need BHM -they simply know how to play Istaria-
    something you do not learn in a year or two
    and thy to all Istarian Gods- there is always something left to learn.

To make a long story story short-
    Dragons and bipeds are strong enough for every challenge Istaria offers-if you know how to play your char.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

And have a knight-swatter.

*points to the illustration at the bottom of the previous post*

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    The BHM has to be apart of it, its a 200% dmg modifier, hes basically stacking damage modifiers. Primal boon only makes it so he can hit the mob, there is no + dmg or modifier other then that, Undead slayer is just a quest weapon tech +10 dps (delay adjust) and 65 Str. Weapon is nothing special really, Its all the damage modifiers he is stacking. Just trying to figure out what he is pulling the extra 700% damage from.
    actually the trick to those numbers is paladins stand against darknesss stacked with heroes resolver.(this was tweaked during the paladin fix earlier this year its no longer possible)
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Thread Information