Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decals and Customization

Thumbs up Decals and Customization

It's very possible that this has been discussed before, but I feel strongly along with other members that this should be implemented. White and Black decals. Ive seen dragons with white decals and when questioned they say it was a glitch of sorts. Glitch or not, it shows that this is well within the games capabilities, so why not put it in as a full option? Thank you

Default Re: Decals and Customization

yep yep, would love to see a more wide range of base body colours and (especially) decal colours, allong with maybe the stuff previewed here?

http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=1021
    http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=1038

Some of those chest scales in the first pic clearly made it past the concept stage as they are shown off in several of the second pictures, allong with new tints.

So cool.... *.*

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

oh and not just for dragon! there's some bipeds that deserve a lot more love!
    for example Dryad wings! *cough* Working on those myself atm if devs would like a submission of those, http://sta.sh/2smk52ikic4 *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    oh and not just for dragon! there's some bipeds that deserve a lot more love!
    for example Dryad wings! *cough* Working on those myself atm if devs would like a submission of those, http://sta.sh/2smk52ikic4 *cough*
    I really love the zebra ones

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I agree! I've seen a couple NPCs with white decals. It'd be awesome if that was opened up for players.

(and those wings are awesome, Meepsa 80)

On that note, since they've been adding some player mods, I'd be MORE than happy to make some new dragon body colors, I've already made some personal mods for that.

I had wanted to see what I could change on decals as well.

Eventually I'd like to see a color wheel for some real awesome colorations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nio View Post
    I agree! I've seen a couple NPCs with white decals. It'd be awesome if that was opened up for players.

(and those wings are awesome, Meepsa 80)
    ah thank you! I'll slowly be working on more designs. (more info here)

I'll also be working on making additional markings for dragons (personally I'm planning on messing around with fading markings, like socks, or markings that only affect very specific parts of the body (Okapi stripes) but input/ideas from other people are very much appreciated!) ^^

It depends which server board I think is which.

So after a stupid amount of time working on this, let me fill you all in.

Black markings are possible. We just had no file for them. I created one now and they seem to work fine:

They just need to be given as an option.

Now white markings have an issue. On black or grey characters, they look pretty and fine:

Now change that color to anything else...

...and it doesn't work. It's pretty in its own right, being a lighter variation of your base scales. I might just offer it up as that in its own. (Skimming through the list right now, I'm finding some of these combinations pretty nice looking)

The Hermit only has such strikingly bright white markings because he has nothing specified for his character in the database. The "tint" is blank and so he literally just has the texture file plastered on him. Now whether we can give this option to players is another story that needs investigating on its own.

As for the other dragon with white markings, I think he's using a white tint with grey scales. That's the whitest the marking can get.

TL/DR; Black markings work but white ones just give you a brighter color of your main scale. Alternatives might be possible but I'm not sure atm

These new decal colors (black and white) will be added to vanilla install, next delta. Also some new color schemes (tints) that Racktor discovered that already existed in assets, but not available. An orange stripe (decal color) and brown plate/skin color. Also some other skin/plate colors.

Will try to work in a "no-decal" tint for stripe-color = blank entry, which will make decals, turn into a truely white option, but not sure if that's going to work out quite yet.

New Decal colors:
    White (not same as no-tint/white version option)
    Black
    Orange (existed in assets, but not previously available)

New Plate/Skin colors:
    Brown01 (existed in assets, but not previously available)
    Brown02
    Gold
    Mulberry
    Scarlet
    Silver
    Turquoise

Screenshot by Racktor:
    Last edited by Cegaiel; November 10th, 2015 at 01:09 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

at first I was totally "yay" but how will this affect existing characters........

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    at first I was totally "yay" but how will this affect existing characters........
    it won't affect them in any way, these are all new entries in the database.
    now a character recreation option would be really nice, and I'm sure the devs are looking into ways of doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    it won't affect them in any way, these are all new entries in the database.
    now a character recreation option would be really nice, and I'm sure the devs are looking into ways of doing this.
    Meepsa's correct. Your characters are already saved with a specific tint and such in the database; these are only new options. The only thing that would probably mess with your characters is if a new entry was created for something else (say a 2nd decal slot), then the database might try to find something to apply to your characters and who knows what would happen there?

They're just new options to an already existing bit of data. You shouldn't be affected.

And as Meeps said, last I heard, the devs were looking into a character editing ability. I have no clue if that was ever furthered, though, or if it was just a thought. This was a long time ago, though, and I don't have the time to dig up the thread right now

That's perfect and perfect ^^ thank you Racktor,Meepsa,Cegaiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    And as Meeps said, last I heard, the devs were looking into a character editing ability. I have no clue if that was ever furthered, though, or if it was just a thought. This was a long time ago, though, and I don't have the time to dig up the thread right now
    Here you go. Still no updates on it, unfortunately.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

Wow, so my little Anouke wont be rare and unique with her white decals any more I am sad

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    Wow, so my little Anouke wont be rare and unique with her white decals any more I am sad
    I was just thinking that lol
    Your dragon is still special to you

Any idea when this will be implemented? I am working on a hatchie at the moment, but if we are going to have new choices soon, I dont want to keep working on this little guy, as he will have to be deleted to make room for a new one......

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    Any idea when this will be implemented? I am working on a hatchie at the moment, but if we are going to have new choices soon, I dont want to keep working on this little guy, as he will have to be deleted to make room for a new one......
    The next delta, whenever that may be. Considering we haven't had a delta for a while, I'm assuming somewhat soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    The next delta, whenever that may be. Considering we haven't had a delta for a while, I'm assuming somewhat soon?
    I've heard something around mid december, so something like a month from now?

On another note, I went back and changed a few of the tints and added three more. The lightest colors were a bit eye-bleeding on some and too flat on others, so they look more natural now. Sorry for anyone who likes flat or eye-bleeding colors!

Thread Information