Thread: Revamping Lair building

Default Revamping Lair building

Not the lairshaping school itself but the actual building of the workshops. Building a lair with its "connectivity" requirements and varying sizes of workshops by tier is a royal pain. Would it be possible that all workshops be the same size? As in a stone workshop would be same size whether its t1 or t6 similar to bipeds beginner to expert shops. Not saying each differant workshop has to be same, just no matter the tier of a particular workshop it would be the same.

And with that, the possibility to upgrade a workshop without having to tear down and replan the whole lair? Either by allowing the adding of additional material of a higher tier to an existing workshop to upgrade it, or tearing down an existing workshop leaving a framework (possibly scaffolding similar to scaffolding on a biped shop) keeping the "connectivity" requirement in place. I personally like a scaffolding method better, see next part why .

Using a scaffolding method would also give the added benefit that you could build any where in a lair (provided a scaffold was placed for all structures in a lair when planned) not just top to bottom, as you have to now, needing a connection built before you can move onto the next part.

I know this would be a major change but it would make lair building much easier and maybe even give the dragon economy a big boost as more might be willing to build a lair. Id even tear down and rebuild Smaugs lair in Bristugo if this was done, even though I've always said i'll never build another lair, much less another Dragon Grand Hall.

Or would trying to revamp lair layout/building just be to much to even consider what with the old code and small team to work on it?

Default Re: Revamping Lair building

I'd say no.

not because it'd be too much work, it'd literally be just changing the data for the higher tier stores to just use the T1 version. But because it would ruin the diversity there is, I like the looks of the different tiers, heck I will often place a lower level shop somewhere just because it works well with how I've planned the lair.

Also, it could potentially cause a LOT of problems for people that already have the higher versions, as they would either have to A) Start over or B) keep their legacy structures (if they prefer them), but be unable to build them anew as they'd be removed from the structure list. (I guess they don't have to be removed, but it would just clutter the list to have 2 types of each higher tier room)

Default Re: Revamping Lair building

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I'd say no.
    not because it'd be too much work, it'd literally be just changing the data for the higher tier stores to just use the T1 version. But because it would ruin the diversity there is, I like the looks of the different tiers, heck I will often place a lower level shop somewhere just because it works well with how I've planned the lair.
    I'm with this tbh. I often place a bunch of t3/4 lair machines in my lairs...not because i want machines, just because they're hella pretty haha.

I mean...if we could keep those rooms still for their aesthetics but have the like..option to build a same size room as t1? Then sure.

Thread Information