Thread: Colors and Patterns

Default Colors and Patterns

So I've been thinking about the current range of color customization - particularly in dragons since I am more acquainted with them but also with the other races as well.

I learned a while ago how to make new colors for the dragons skins and view them in-game, and was wondering if people like me were to create things like this, could they be implemented into the game? I feel like giving people more customization options would be a bit more attractive and help people enjoy their characters more.

This is also on the topic of decals. Would the white color and other colors not in game ever possibly be implemented? I do think it would be a good addition to our limited color options.

Just some suggestions and questions

Default Re: Colors and Patterns

there was a thread about this...literally just a few weeks ago, which would answer all your questions.

1. We're getting new body tints.
    2. We're getting new marking tints.
    3. Yes pure white is being implemented.

I'm sorry if I come over as rude or condesending, but we've literally seen 2 if not 3 of these threads in the past 2 months or so. and I'm really starting to wonder whether people even look before they post.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    3. Yes pure white is being implemented.
    Just adding onto this here...

Pure white isn't really possible for anything other than greyscale. The marking system works like this:

We have a black and white base file. In this file, the general marking itself is pure white. The system tints this file the color of the .act file chosen in the character creator.
    Now, if it were only this, this would be fine. However, it is not - the marking is then overlayed on the other colors with a blending mechanic. This means that the color you choose is blended into the base scale color. (This is why one marking color might look so different on red vs green) There's no way to circumvent this as far as I know. A pure white marking color is blended just like the rest.

On grey, this is pure white:

On blue, this is pure white:

Even when removing the tint entirely from the character, it blends like it's just a white file. (The Hermit, for example, has an example of 'no tint' and uses the base marking files.)

Also Meeps, Aekaitz did see the previous thread - they wrote here with a similar offer to the topic of this post. They just didn't get any replies directly so prolly remade it for that purpose. (Just an assumption)

Also, here's the colors we are getting for reference:

(There's also going to be an orange marking color)

I'm not sure if the devs would want to do another round of color additions after the next delta, as people who just made a new character with a new tint might see a newer tint and get frustrated that they can't change their character around (yet).. or else I'd say people should write down any colors that come to mind.

Oh this is good news!! Now if only they could implement a character editing system soon. I apologize for not searching further for this topic, I've actually been ill and unable to watch the forums as I usually do. I'm excited to see all of this crop up!

As for character editing, we received a hint we might be getting it sooner than later

Hope you feel better now, though; being sick isn't fun and there's been a nasty cough going around my community lately. Hopefully you weren't stuck with that!

They really are hard at work then! I'm getting increasingly excited to see what they have in store then! Thanks for the updates Racktor, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aekaitz View Post
    They really are hard at work then! I'm getting increasingly excited to see what they have in store then! Thanks for the updates Racktor, I appreciate it!
    LOL Rackie is a dev now? news to me
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I'm not, I'm just repeating what I wrote in the other thread. xD (And quoting what Ceg wrote in another thread that hints off player re-customizations, too)

And np Aekaitz, glad to be of service

Thread Information