Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoulder Parrot missing [resolved]

Default Shoulder Parrot missing [resolved]

According to the delta 280 notes there should be a T4 Shoulder Parrot, the one is missing on the Cashier Purple.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Shoulder Parrot missing

Apologies, it has been added to Purple cashier's inventory for next delta.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Apologies, it has been added to Purple cashier's inventory for next delta.
    Isnt that preorder pet?! I do not want to see those rares added back.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

The Parrot once was given as quest reward for the quest Priscilla the Shoulder Parrot in Ssslanis. The Shoulder Gargoyle was one of the preorder shoulder pets, given to those that bought pre order premium (collectors) box.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Salwirk View Post
    Isnt that preorder pet?! I do not want to see those rares added back.
    and why not? honestly there's propably less than 1% of the players that had those items still playing, comments like these reek of elitism.
    having rare things because they're hard to get is one thing, having rare items because they were limited edition is...the most "meh" thing I've heard of.

Let's be nice. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and devs appreciate all feedback.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 28th, 2015 at 03:14 AM.

I think we can compromise and make a different texture for the parrot, that would be fair to those who have this already.

The very first one (top left) is the original, the one we want to create a different texture and leave this one as unique.

The remaining are ones I've been playing around with and possible alternatives. See any you all like (image 2-10)?

If we have any artists that want to take a crack at something pretty, we'd certainly consider those!

Original Texture (right click, Save Picture As..)

Easiest way would be to put this texture somewhere in resources_override and edit it from there.
    Start up game
    Type /aghconvert human_m_ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.png to create human_m_ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.agh

You likely will need to restart game at this point. But after you have the human_m_ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.agh in resources_override folder, you can edit the .png and can reload it and not have to restart game anymore.

To do this, it might be simpler to make a hotkey (Text commands)
    1) /aghconvert human_m_ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.png
    2) /purgeTextures
    3) Your screen should now display updated texture without restarting game.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 30th, 2015 at 04:37 AM.

Oh wow I like allof them. do you have to limit to one ? :P 4,5,6 look great! maybe give them names also,like shoulder cows

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

That's certainly a possibility, multiple parrots. That's a good point, because the new Shoulder Parrot will now need a new name to be unique from the original one. My initial thought was Shoulder Parakeet or Shoulder Polly for the new one and Shoulder Parrot would still be the original, but anything is possible.

That's certainly a possibility, multiple parrots. That's a good point, because the new Shoulder Parrot will now need a new name to be unique from the original one. My initial thought was Shoulder Parakeet or Shoulder Polly for the new one and Shoulder Parrot would still be the original, but anything is possible.
    Oh how about cockatoo?!!!! (need to make white first though)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    The Parrot once was given as quest reward for the quest Priscilla the Shoulder Parrot in Ssslanis. The Shoulder Gargoyle was one of the preorder shoulder pets, given to those that bought pre order premium (collectors) box.
    That's incorrect concerning the parrot quest. (Which you can still do last I tried).
    The shoulder parrot, shoulder cow, and shoulder gargoyle were all preorder bonuses only. Which one you got was determined by what game store you preordered from. iirc, compusa, hastings, and gamestop/bbabages/ electronics boutique were the three, compusa was the parrot, hasting the gargoyle, gamestop the cow ( but I could have those mixed up).

The parrot was never given by the Priscilla quest in Ssslanis.

Ceg, those new colors look great. Especially the red/green(2) and the green/blue(6). Save some of the others for future Gnomekindles. The one with purple looks good too.

Sorry got things mixed up, it's been so long time ago

I like the original color red/blue, red/green and the red/green with orange wings looks really nice.

depending on how busy I'll be I might give a texture update a go, seeing as the current one is...well...messy.

Im very curious what it would be if you mixed 5 and 6,purple tail and this hue blue body. 7s nice but id use blue hue from 6th.

9 and 10 both look really good. I was going to play around with editing the colors too, but I think you've done a great job already. i was going to try a neon (bright) green with the other colors.

I've added two more. My character is temporarily unavailable that I took first screenshots with, I'll replace it with the same size versions, on human tomorrow. I made it extra large because on Half Giant the bird is too small to really see any details on him. #9 is is #5 and #6 mixed 50/50. #10 is a fail of mixing #8 with some others, but it actually doesn't look that bad. You'd really have to see it in person. I resized it up after I saved and exited the original, which lost detail and makes it look worse than what it is.

I'm not good enough to try to pick and choose colors and fill colors I want in specific sections. All I'm doing is just playing with different color channels and hues and see what happens. This lets it fill it random colors while keeping the different color transitions intact. If I were to try to edit each color manually, it'd be a hot mess.

Also another trick with the method I'm using is the yellow rectangle (legs) and the white part around bird's face might turn an ugly hue too. I just carefully copy/paste the yellow rectangle and the white area of bird's face from original to the new copy, so he keeps leg and face natural/original colors.

You might need to refresh page if they dont show up below in Post #7
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 29th, 2015 at 05:31 AM.

Oh, I didn't think about something so obvious. The parrot got missed being added to the cashier in delta, so how can I ask for someone to take a crack at the texture if you don't have a parrot to test it on? I think you can trick the client if you own any other shoulder pet. This should work, but only locally, others in game won't see your parrot, they'd only see the pet you actually have.

00 ogre/aegror/robot
    01 gummy worm
    02 spider
    03 parrot
    04 cow

Look in /resources/definitions/attach/armor
    ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.def (parrot)

Copy ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.def (parrot) anywhere to resources_override.

Rename it with the number of the pet you actually have, in case of the spider, thats 02, so rename ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.def to ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp02r.def

Now follow instructions in post #7, start changing and playing with human_m_ao_shoulder_spaulder_sp03r.png and .agh while in resources_override. Even though this image filename has the word human in it, it is used by all biped races. So one image for any race you might be using (I believe is true).

So many good choices its hard to narrow down.

4,6,8,9,10! Im in love with blue parrot from picture 10.

How about naming them after the devs/volunteers (a few are volunteers aren't they?) that give us/keeps running/updating this great game for us? Amarie, Amon, Ceg, Yfelvik, Deforian any others I'm forgetting/missing (sorry).

Oh, I didn't think about something so obvious. The parrot got missed being added to the cashier in delta, so how can I ask for someone to take a crack at the texture if you don't have a parrot to test it on? I think you can trick the client if you own any other shoulder pet. This should work, but only locally, others in game won't see your parrot, they'd only see the pet you actually have.
    I think somewhere I have a dead parrot laying around, would that work?

Why do I keep getting message my post is too short?
    Last edited by Cegaiel; December 29th, 2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote

Thread Information