Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
Free to play games always make you pay for other stuff, they call it microtransactions. And those just become pay-to-win games.
False. Completely and utterly false. There are tons of free-to-play MMOs that are anything but pay-to-win (Wildstar, The Old Republic, Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, etc) and there are tons of pay-once MMOs that are doing extremely well for themselves (Guild Wars 2, The Secret World, Elite: Dangerous, etc). Please don't spread such misinformation and do a little research.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the subscription prices that Istaria is currently charging are far too much for such an outdated game, especially one that can't keep up with other MMOs of its time in terms of content and appearance (WoW, EVE Online). It WILL be the death of this game. I have personally suggested several alternatives, but if advice isn't heeded and the playerbase keeps stubbornly insisting that "everything's fine, really!!", there's not much I can do for a game in its death throes.