Thread: Why are the following beginner formulas attuned?

Default Why are the following beginner formulas attuned?

I have the following beginner forms on an alt I use to store forms (since the libraries hold such a small amount) that are now totally useless as they are attuned so can't be traded anymore. Am asking why?

Banner flag, Banner Staff
    Bolster Dexterity Potion, Bolster Strength Potion
    Cargo Cap, Cargo Sleeves, Cargo Wristband (all Cargo gear?)
    Cloth Belt, Cloth Gloves, Cloth Mask (all Cloth gear?)
    Dexterity Necklace, Dexterity Ring, Dexterity (all dex jewelry?)
    Dexterity head Scale, Dexterity Wing Scale (all Dex Scales?)
    Dragon Tool Claw
    Cut Gem
    Reinforced Round Shield

Default Re: Why are the following beginner formulas attuned?

oops forgot: Animal Hide Processing (to make hide strips)

It depends which server board I think is which.

There was a thread on this a while ago. Not specifically beginner items, but the attuning of any purchased formulas, I think. I can't remember the argument and logic, but I think the outcome was that bought formulas won't be attuned anymore.. those might've been overlooked.

Of course I could just be going senile, too.

That'd actually be your post, Rackie, why you remember it: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...rity-Headscale

I sampled a few of the things you listed and they aren't setup to be attuned anymore.

I'm wondering if you bought the formulas when they were attuned and still have the same copies; perhaps those saved copies aren't aware they aren't attuned anymore.

Can you visit one of the vendors and buy one of those forms and see if it shows attuned after you buy it? Example Beginner Cut Gem from Gaeta in NT.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Ok checked vendors and they are all showing attuned. Along with others I didn't list.

Checked the following:
    Banner Flag: Kion Kiva Tailor
    Cloth forms: Kion Kiva Tailor, Bolo Outfitter
    Cargo gear: Dalimond Gangaf Tagley Tinkerer
    Cut gem: Dalimond Jasmine Miner
    Bolster potions: Sslanis Sshranu Alchemist
    Dragon Scales and Tool: Chiconis Resiata Dragon Crafting

I guess no big thing, just caught me by surprise when I picked them up out of a gh to move to my alt that holds forms and found I couldn't trade them. Its not as annoying as not being able to move stuff from vault to silos/disk/inventory without first splitting off how much can hold :~

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    That'd actually be your post, Rackie, why you remember it: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...rity-Headscale

I sampled a few of the things you listed and they aren't setup to be attuned anymore.

I'm wondering if you bought the formulas when they were attuned and still have the same copies; perhaps those saved copies aren't aware they aren't attuned anymore.

Can you visit one of the vendors and buy one of those forms and see if it shows attuned after you buy it? Example Beginner Cut Gem from Gaeta in NT.

I recently did the quest line that gives out beginner banner flag and staff to acquire the Gnomekindle patterns for a friend, and those forms hit my alt's scalepack attuned. The copies in my library are attuned also. And I also didn't realize the beginner cargo gear in the library is attuned as well.

I'm checking why they show attuned on the vendor. But I don't think they are and it's a visual bug. You can test this as I did. I bought one of the forms that shows attuned in the NPC trade window, but it trades just fine between me and an alt.

So the NPC trade window shows it as attuned, but when you buy it and show details, it will not say attuned and is tradable.

The issue of the npc incorrectly showing a non-attuned formula (in trade window) as attuned can be fixed next Tues. maintenance. For those with stacks of non-trade-able (attuned) forms stashed in plot buildings (likely you've had them since Jan 2015; or at least one and kept adding to stack), you'll probably need to pull them out and sell them back to vendor or destroy them. Once you buy another stack and stash them, it should start showing it as not attuned, correctly.

I can confirm that none of the beginner forms listed are attuned. Those who bought formulas when they were attuned and stashed them in storage are the ones that likely are still showing as attuned.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 8th, 2016 at 09:43 PM.

It may be possible to unattune a stored stack by simply placing an unattuned formula of that stack on top of the stack. Would be worth a try.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    The issue of the npc incorrectly showing a non-attuned formula (in trade window) as attuned can be fixed next Tues. maintenance. For those with stacks of non-trade-able (attuned) forms stashed in plot buildings (likely you've had them since Jan 2015; or at least one and kept adding to stack), you'll probably need to pull them out and sell them back to vendor or destroy them. Once you buy another stack and stash them, it should start showing it as not attuned, correctly.

I can confirm that none of the beginner forms listed are attuned. Those who bought formulas when they were attuned and stashed them in storage are the ones that likely are still showing as attuned.
    That might be true for trainers but the quest reward ones need attention. My alt completed quest "Banner Days" on 2/25/16 per quest log and received attuned formula. I just tested if it was a display bug by attempting to put in hall storage. I received the message "Beginner Banner Staff can not be traded or placed in structures.", "Beginner Banner Flag can not be traded or placed in structures.".

What Knossos said actually should work. If you had an unattuned stack, and placed an attuned item on the stack, it should unattune the item.

@Dracaena - Ah you are correct, both Beginner Banner Staff and Banner flag are marked as attuned. It has been updated, but won't take affect until delta 283 is applied to Live Shards. If your forms are still having problems after that delta, you'll likely need to move them from your plot storage to your inventory, before you try to stack them again. If this still fails to stack after delta 283 try to buy the Beginner Staff form from Eujean in Dalimond and stack that one. Or for Banner Flag, that'd be Bashale from Kion.

Even if you have an attuned stack, as long as it's a stack, just split the stack. The split off stack will not be attuned, dropping the attuned stack on to the non-attuned stack will convert them to all un-attuned.

You are stuck if you just got 1 tho

ok worked thx all.

You do have to drag the attuned one onto a non attuned one for it to work, if done other way around they both end up attuned.

One thing i don't understand though, if ones i got out of gh were bought when they was attuned at one time, how did they end up in a gh?

Some of these didn't used to be attuned. I have attuned forms in a library also. If they got changed to be attuned while in a library, you can just keep them in there until someone needs. The player that needs them will need to be the one who gets it out of the library (assuming it's a form still attuned these days).

Thread Information