Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forums: May we have another default link color?

Default Re: Forums: May we have another default link color?

... so is this what its like when you have roomies and decide to paint the walls?

Teal is a bit too dark, but I can live with it and its not too outstanding. Could just bold or underline things but then how do you tell the difference between a link and formatting text?

Actually Elt, you might not be so far off about playing in dark rooms. It kills when you get glare on your screen or in your eyes.

Actually I almost wish there could be a contest to just redo the scheme of the forums, but i doubt that would happen.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

It depends which server board I think is which.

Well red is better I suppose. Fits more than '98 blue and isn't as scalding. (Though it still turns blue on the hover Now it's white, rofl. I take that back)
    Last edited by Racktor; January 23rd, 2016 at 03:17 PM.

Oh man, I come to the forums in the morning and now there's some kind of... Horrid red and white link color? What even is this? And apparently it was pure blue earlier? Yikes.

Might I suggest any of the colors here? I based the first palette off the one this site uses, I'm sure something there would work (and the blue there isn't... neon).

Even just making the link text underlined when hovering like it does now would have been enough of a change, I think...

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

God no. what is this red/white that blinds? Ok, sure its not eye popping blue, but its not right to just make things invisible or difficult for those with red/green colour blindness?

Not to mention that red is HORRID. Its too eye popping. Most here are saying teal and light blue shades, which is ok.

"

and now my eyes are bleeding!!! Ok Teal lets go with teal please devs atleast its not eye bleeding... and sorry kida but your colours i think would blend too well with the existing colour scheme.
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    and sorry kida but your colours i think would blend too well with the existing colour scheme.
    Even the blues? I think the two darkest blue options with one of the lighter shades (or black) on hover would work fine.

"Our ancestors came down from the heavens and proudly reigned over the land they had created."

ooh sorry i never scrolled down my bad.... ooh yeah i like the bluey teals you have on there
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

I think the dark blue from kida's would work really nice, actually. #10414D - it looks like this. And this bolded.

Edit: Maybe a bit too dark. Here's the others:

99B7BE - top color. Bolded
    658E97 - 2nd from top. Bolded
    41737E - middle. Bolded (My personal favorite)
    265A66 - 2nd from bottom. Bolded

Edit2: Here's #41737E on the front page.
    Last edited by Racktor; January 23rd, 2016 at 03:46 PM.

I do prefer #41737E or #658e97. They don't clash too much but are quite visible.

"

ok- from someone with real bad eyes:
    Racky, that blueish color is not very helpful:-(

but the clear blue was as well as the red.
    And that green (best).
    nvm- do not listen to me- I`m used to see only half of everything that is in Istaria^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Also the link color wasnt always so hidden... when I joined it was better before the forum layout was adjusted. Ill check way back machine to see if I can find the old color, if only out of curiosity

Edit: WBM only has back to December 19th, 2012, sadly. Layout was changed in like 2010 or 2011
    Bit out of the blue to go back in the thread here, but I finally found the original color. Wayback machine is showing more captures on my laptop than it did on my tablet.

This was the original link color from the mid 2012 era. Not sure why it was ever changed.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20120505...ria.com/forum/
    (Though actually, that might be the "current" color. The background might have changed and the link didn't. Hmm.)

(I still think the blue that was suggested in Kida's post is way more obvious, though.)
    Last edited by Racktor; January 23rd, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

Ummmmh Virtrians,
    I appreciate your enthusiam by changing the colors here and there. I wonder if you're laughing at us right now *smiles*.

May I suggest you start up a poll with actually FITTING colors chosen from our ideas? The most clicked one wins?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Elteria; January 23rd, 2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Kitty loves apostrophes

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Cornflower!!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

I had no problem with the color and seeing the old (as in last week) forum names like General, Talk to the team, Suggetions, Help, etc it was just links in messages. Why not leave the the names like they was .and just change the color of the links posters add in their messages.

Doing so wouldn't be such a shock on the eyes even the neon blue or any other color wouldn't be as bad as there would not be many of them to jump out at you as is with changing the forum names/topics is.

I haven't checked into the forum in over a week, and I have to say when I popped in today, I was alarmed that maybe all the forums were locked. The color clashes and doesn't look good at all, and it makes one think something is wrong.
    IGN - Primordia Starlighter - hatchling on Order

Thread Information