Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forums: May we have another default link color?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Forums: May we have another default link color?

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    And the yellow hurts my eyes, and will give me a headache as it is barely readable above the peach background without squinting, so its much and much the same as the brown in that regard.
    Sorry? My initial orangey-yellow was just thrown out there as a random color I chose out of a hat that's somewhat similar to the color scheme. I did suggest this as another color and also this, too. Didn't have to be that specific one, was just an example... ^^;

I do agree though that Salwirk's green or purple works. Less eye-burning than blue.

And Mach, that would look like this against the post background if you want a visual.

Edit:
    My poor eyes. My first suggestion is a headache now that I actually applied it

This is the 2nd one tho:
    Last edited by Racktor; January 23rd, 2016 at 02:42 AM.

Rack,what would that look like with the green and purple?

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Here's green:

And here's purple:

I'm not sure which I like better, honestly.

Both look pretty nice. Thank you for showing.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Can we set the color for ourselves? I checked under Settings but did not see where I could select the color I prefer. Where did I miss it?

Rackie used a chrome extension to edit that, it's not a part of the site that allows you to see what Rackie showed in the screenshots there.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Been away from the forums for a while and I come back to this...

OMG - this bright blue is horrible!!!

I won't say it 'hurts' the eyes, but there is something wrong about the new color that is very off-putting.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post

I won't say it 'hurts' the eyes, but there is something wrong about the new color that is very off-putting.
    I prefer this bright blue over the incredibly annoying brown, though I would love if it were more like the Notification colour like Mach suggested.
    Yellow would propably be too close to the peach background, as well as propably unclear for colour blind people. (if I'm not mistaken)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post

^^^^
    It doesn't fit with the colour scheme
    Its like almost a full blue...at least tone it down a little if we're gonna use it?

I'm personnally thinking just...a dark brown or red?

#660000 Like this or
    #990000 This?
    #8B4513 Potentially this
    #800000 I personally prefer the first one
    #734A12 But idk
    #654321 It seems better than rn in any case
    There's some colours here particular in the brown/red (http://www.december.com/html/spec/color1.html) that i'd consider

EDIT:
    I personally had no issue with the original colour but whatever goes i guess.

That person who suggested allowing us to have a choice in the profile of what colours we see links, kudos to you because that way we don't all get affected by one eye bleeding colour :P
    Last edited by Azath; January 23rd, 2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Here's green:

And here's purple:

I'm not sure which I like better, honestly.
    the green is okay but this blue is really giving me a headache x.x i have my monator set at a certian level.. Sorry for the triple post wiont happen again this blue text really hurts so much fopr me.

I was actually kind of wondering this myself. If I'm linking something it turns it a brown to red colour for me that is difficult to tell from normal text. I'm not colour blind, but I can't imagine those who are being able to see the links well at all.

Could you maybe use a vibrant blue please? Or allow players to choose what colour they want to see links in on their profile?
    blue really Stings for me and i have a very bad Sezure disorder and its useily very bright colors that make my head hurt and this blue currently Really hurts ><

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I prefer this bright blue over the incredibly annoying brown, though I would love if it were more like the Notification colour like Mach suggested.
    Yellow would propably be too close to the peach background, as well as propably unclear for colour blind people. (if I'm not mistaken)
    Cept i have a sezure dis order and this blue really makes it hard to read the fourms i gotta stop coming to the fourms now thats how much it hurts..

Id say a color that matches the fourms like a dried red kind of color, brown and suych.. Bright colors will murder my able to see.

this one i perfer

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I think blue links are fine. i mean its not like all posts are just filled with links everywhere...

oic it's been changed already too.. doesn't seem bad.

Cept the blue can send me to the Hospital x.x
    Last edited by ArchDemon; January 23rd, 2016 at 11:11 AM.
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Alternatively (or perhaps even additionally), have all links auto-bolded to make them stick out from normal text. But i have really no clue how that looks just an idea i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    I agree, and it could be more like the notification blue that mach suggested for those that are really thinking its too bright. That notification blue isn't quite as eyepopping. But at least now the links are clearly visible.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I agree, and it could be more like the notification blue that mach suggested for those that are really thinking its too bright. That notification blue isn't quite as eyepopping. But at least now the links are clearly visible.
    Its vibrancy isn't really the whole issue.
    It's a part of it defintiely, but with not a single other peice of blue on the site that colour except for the tab hovers -only- at the top of the page it really ruins the colour scheme.
    Personally, even if it was changed to the suggested blue i'd -still- complain because it still ruins the colour scheme.

It makes the site look really unprofessional tbh
    Last edited by Azath; January 23rd, 2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: i tried to make msyelf look less aggressive lmao im really sorry if i come off that way

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Can we set the color for ourselves? I checked under Settings but did not see where I could select the color I prefer. Where did I miss it?
    You're able to color your own links when you write a post, Awdz. That's the only option at all.

I like Machaeon's idea about the teal. This is a pretty passive color, but still outstanding enough to find it effectively in a bigger text block.

This is a normal link
    This is a bold link (user names, board links)

Let's write down some more text:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla ut lacus ac diam luctus tempor. Proin bibendum ex eu urna bibendum posuere. Duis facilisis massa at molestie fringilla. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nunc quis egestas tellus. Phasellus nec felis eget turpis facilisis tincidunt. Aliquam non velit faucibus, vulputate dolor quis, posuere ante.

Aenean metus sem, iaculis sed nibh et, condimentum lobortis arcu. Duis pellentesque, erat id placerat dignissim, ante nulla pharetra massa, sit amet cursus eros augue vel est. In quam dolor, mattis nec nunc quis, interdum condimentum nulla. Curabitur sed libero in ante congue convallis. Etiam elementum convallis ante, quis fringilla neque. Cras sit amet lorem imperdiet, tincidunt quam et, sodales mauris. Aenean tincidunt felis vel magna lobortis laoreet. Fusce quis nulla orci. Morbi id quam vel elit tempor auctor. Ut ornare id ante quis porttitor.

Yep. I like it.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    the green is okay but this blue is really giving me a headache x.x i have my monator set at a certian level.. Sorry for the triple post wiont happen again this blue text really hurts so much fopr me.

blue really Stings for me and i have a very bad Sezure disorder and its useily very bright colors that make my head hurt and this blue currently Really hurts ><

Cept i have a sezure dis order and this blue really makes it hard to read the fourms i gotta stop coming to the fourms now thats how much it hurts..

Id say a color that matches the fourms like a dried red kind of color, brown and suych.. Bright colors will murder my able to see.

this one i perfer

Cept the blue can send me to the Hospital x.x
    Honest question arch how does that work, what about bright summer days when the sky is really blue or the blue of the istarian sky? do you have to mod the sky?
    Gwain Drago - Mystic Paladin
    Arzel - Knight of creation/Battlemage
    Aurakvoar - Ancient Lunus

Istarians only play in dark rooms *duck*

Looks like I triggered a color avalanche.

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

I like the teal a lot.

why are we even arguing about the color tho... like its obviously ugly, doesnt fit the scheme at all and it hurts to look at due to the glare. just change it to any of the shades suggested but just NOT windows 98 blue.
    Aurelia Borealis of Istara's Chosen.
    Art by Oceanappa.
    Banner by Racktor.

Writing on tablet so kinda curt here -

I like Azath's colors and Elt's teal.. changing ourselves might be a good idea, tho. (For Azath, #66000 and #99000 are both noticable on tablet and laptop for me)

The chrome extension Im messing with is called Stylizer or something in case anyone wanted that.
    When using it tho, i noticed the site has a million individually colored link classes - forum boards, names online and offline, thread links, navigation, etc. Could make the front page links like they were (who doesnt know a board links to threads after all?) and then make the post links teal. Would help the color scheme + be obvious. Thoughts?

Also the link color wasnt always so hidden... when I joined it was better before the forum layout was adjusted. Ill check way back machine to see if I can find the old color, if only out of curiosity

Edit: WBM only has back to December 19th, 2012, sadly. Layout was changed in like 2010 or 2011

To go with the earthy(ish) background color of the forums, I think my preference would be for a dark green. I am not sure if it would be better in bold or not bold., or if even darker green (bold?) would be easier on the eyes. In looking at it, I think the darker green would have to be bold to stand out from other (black) text well enough.

I really wish we could set our own preferences for it.
    Last edited by awdz; January 23rd, 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Thread Information