Thread: bad lag slow spawns...plz fix

Default bad lag slow spawns...plz fix

Aughundell has the worst lag out of all the cities..that and desert areas....i have ton of memory on my pc but whenever i hit Aug i get mass lag and bigtime memory leakage.

Also the spawn on ruxus, redback spiders and nickel golems is insanely sloooooooooow

any way spawn can be fixed? seems only the undead seem to high a fairly high spawn rate....

gopher65

Default Re: bad lag slow spawns...plz fix

I was going to post to say I agree, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure.

Spiders, wolves, and even Treants are WAY easier than the WA. If there were indigeonus creatures everywhere, who would fight the WA? They are harder, they have no special drops (cept tech comps, and it is easier just to buy them from the velio). I mean, where is the insentive?

Could this be AE's heavy handed way of trying to encourage us to fight the WA instead of doing the ol' WackaWolf?

I admit to being perplexed at what AE expects us to do at all. I am only level 53 and most of the mob at a level I can solo which means level 51 and under, come in big tight groupings that I can't pull off one at a time. What I try to find and kill have not been spawning for quite some time. The trophy hunters seem to think I can kill things that are not possible to kill solo. As I don't really like to solo, this would be fine if there was a big server population of those around my level who felt like grouping... The mob that are around those anchors are not for the likes of me. So is AE just concentrating on pleasing level 100 players? My adventure trainer hasn't had any quests in ages. I've been playing since Beta, how long do we have to wait until AE gets it right?
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    I admit to being perplexed at what AE expects us to do at all. I am only level 53 and most of the mob at a level I can solo which means level 51 and under, come in big tight groupings that I can't pull off one at a time. What I try to find and kill have not been spawning for quite some time. The trophy hunters seem to think I can kill things that are not possible to kill solo. As I don't really like to solo, this would be fine if there was a big server population of those around my level who felt like grouping... The mob that are around those anchors are not for the likes of me. So is AE just concentrating on pleasing level 100 players? My adventure trainer hasn't had any quests in ages. I've been playing since Beta, how long do we have to wait until AE gets it right?
    Exactly...I am 55 cleric and not much I can fight as far as WA w/o a group...so I'm pretty much stuck on lvl 45-50 spiders,ruxus,fyakki,golems etc so I can lvl to go after more undead once I'm higher lvl but when spawn is soooooo freaking slow it's taking forever...as for groups all I can seem to find at people 80+ who don't want lowel lvl or a bunch of 1-5's to ask me to PL them.

gopher65

I've noticed that same problem with groups Silver:(. No medium lvl groups. It's not bad for me because I am fairly high lvl, but some of my guilds can't find ANYONE to hunt with.

:P lol when I said redback spiders spawn slow I didnt mean put a blight anchor next to them

crap lol i need redback eyes and now all spider area in aug is getting covered in blight

The spawns are really annoying. Be it treants or golems, places that were once swarming with mobs that pestered me while crafting are now no where to be seen when I actually want to hunt them down for components.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

It's kind of wierd, huh? First, the complaints were all that the spawns were too much, crafters couldn't do anything and you were forced to group to fight them...now, all of a sudden, there aren't enough...

As long as there isn't someone running through an area and wiping out the spawn, I can keep a pretty constant fight going with some mobs that are about my rating, I have gone for hours without a single lull in fighting, other than the ones I take to RP...

I'll admit that spawns seem rather broken, but they aren't completely hopeless...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Yes and need these guys for dragon quest sucks. 13+ hours to do 3 quest and only able to do one becuase the 2 named mobs will not spawn for me sucks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath
    I'll admit that spawns seem rather broken, but they aren't completely hopeless...
    With the exception of a few spawns I disagree, they are completely hopeless.

Monsters should be abundant, and not directly over resource nodes. Around resource nodes perhaps, but not camping over them. Being harassed by level 80+ mobs when mining isnt fun for a crafter, but searching for 30minutes WITH flight to find mabey 2-3 mobs up isnt fun for an adventurer either.

What should be done is to have areas full of monsters that aggro normally, BUT change it so that they are not social (with the exception of some monsters such as wolves ect that would be expected to team up). Why would a mindless golem care if another one was attacked?

Running halfway across istaria to find 5 monsters is not my idea of fun adventuring.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Weird, I do daily marble and mithril, emerald and peridot golems and they are completely oblivious of each other. I pull one in the middle of a group and the others don't even flinch.

What gives? (I use dragon's reach)

Of course if I am in aggro range and two or more are nearby, both will aggro due to me being near them but not because they act like wolves.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information