While reviewing some of my old and long-forgotten forum posts .. I came across one with new plot item suggestions .. but something hit me like a train as if many of the ideas, when taken as a whole, could even be potentially developed [in time] to freshen up crafting, plot ideas and enthusiasm for planning and plot subs all in one go .. also possibly linking in to Qetesh's excellent idea for loyalty plots.

>>> NEW Craft Idea - Prestige School > GARDENING !!!! -- 10 skill per lvl
Sub Skills >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Planting ------ 9 skill per lvl

Picking
[FLOWERS] 8 skill per lvl
Growing [SEEDS] 8 skill per lvl
Foraging [HERBS] 7 skill per lvl

GARDENING Skill [I-VI] - determines what flowers you may use AND WHICH SHAPE of flowerbeds .. 6 tiers of flowers like other resources, rare flowers and common flowers in each tier, like fish., herbs etc .. for example a DAFFODIL could be a common flower in t1, seeds bought from a vendor or festival, with a TULIP being rare t1 and only found in the wild, AN ORCHID or type of such, could be t6 rare and found only in the wild ..

PLANTING Skill [I-VI] - needed to use the various tiers of flowers and bulbs

PICKING / GROWING / FORAGING [I-VI] - needed to harvest the various FLOWER or BUSH types from a vendor or festival, Greenhouse or the wild

FLOWER BEDS of six different SHAPES for each tier .. SQUARE - T1, CIRCLE - T2, TRIANGLE - T3, RECTANGLE - T4, SEGMENT [QUARTER CIRCLE] - T5 and SEGMENT [eighth circle] - T6 .. plot planners could have a FIELD-DAY [pun intended] designing beautiful parks AND gardens

Planning the BEDS in the planning window, then new option to open another planning window to plan where and what flowers or bushes go where in the flowerbeds, using the same system.

>>> NEW Building - GREENHOUSE

Option to build our own greenhouse to grow a limited number/type of our own confectioner vegetables or herbs and flowers from seedlings .. grown over some days/weeks on timers. Bulbs could be bought from vendors.

I realise of course we are talking a lot of backroom work and coding, but the potential to link in many benefits for the game, the business plan, playerbase enthusiasm .. may just make this something to consider.

We have the paths, hedges and many other items already ,,

of course this needs to be much more carefully thought through, I just wanted to get the bare bones of something that might be worth taking further , down and on to the forum whilst fresh-ish in my addled brain .. /grin

=========================================

I humbly submit this idea for scrutiny and discussion .. hopefully enthusiastic.