Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty plots

Default Loyalty plots

Ok just an idea...but certainly got me thinking. I know recently the combat pets were added for people to spend their accumulated loyalty tokens on. That was definitely a great move by you Devs.

My proposal is to take this one step further and maybe be able to purchase a plot with these tokens..plot token values could be set reasonably high and/or limited to the smaller plots in the game that no-one at this point in time is buying. Any plot gained by loyalty token means would be a free addition to the players sub of course..
    Just many of us have noticed there is a lot of nice key plots in ideal locations but what puts people off is the plot size. If people 'set up shop' on these plots it would benefit the community by aiding crafting and so on. It would also make the world less abandoned looking.

From a game prospective players would either increase their subs to accumulate more tokens which they could either sell or use to purchase a loyalty plot. Those wishing to buy tokens would play more to grind more coin to purchase tokens, thus seeing players online more. Those who've already got a lot of tokens could see a use for them instead of them gathering dust in their vaults.

Anyways just an idea that I wanted to share.

Default Re: Loyalty plots

great idea- great reasoning!!

How about: x(many) token for y (max6) months?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

How about:

Limited to players having plotholder subscription(s), limit of 1 loyalty plot per account and limit of loyalty plot size of 2,500 sq meters with (x) tokens required and refund of tokens with loyalty plot reclaim or lapse of all of that player's plotholder subscriptions?

Knossos

signed..........................
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Aye, Raises hand, 2nd that, etc etc etc

Count me in too ! I think it is a wonderful idea! (*starts counting loyalty tokens* )

Ramaj

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    How about:

Limited to players having plotholder subscription(s), limit of 1 loyalty plot per account and limit of loyalty plot size of 2,500 sq meters with (x) tokens required and refund of tokens with loyalty plot reclaim or lapse of all of that player's plotholder subscriptions?

Knossos
    yes, this! populate the world some more with fancy small(-ish, 50x50 is still quite bit but not too big) plots!

Would definately waste my loyalty tokens on this rather than the pets hehe.

Or turn all the small plots into loyalty plots

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

I have an idea how about the creation of some new plots that can be loyalty plots.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    I have an idea how about the creation of some new plots that can be loyalty plots.
    that would just leave the world as barren, if not more so, as it currently is.

Sounds like a great idea! There are many vacant plots in areas that are close to good resource fields. I am sure many of us would build shops there just for that reason and also to have extra crafting to do. I also agree with the size being no larger than 50x50 at a reasonable number of loyalty tokens.

Note: I think it should be a set number of loyalty tokens for the plot no matter what size up to 50x50

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Sounds like a great idea! There are many vacant plots in areas that are close to good resource fields. I am sure many of us would build shops there just for that reason and also to have extra crafting to do. I also agree with the size being no larger than 50x50 at a reasonable number of loyalty tokens.

Note: I think it should be a set number of loyalty tokens for the plot no matter what size up to 50x50

cheers
    that's what I was thinking about new plots near resources. I mentioned about it being new plots is cause I am worried that some people may own those plots and lose them due to them becoming loyalty plots.

How about:

Knossos

To clarify:

A loyalty "plot slot" could be used to purchase any unowned plot of size 2,500 sq meters or less, subject to all other ground rules stated above.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    that's what I was thinking about new plots near resources. I mentioned about it being new plots is cause I am worried that some people may own those plots and lose them due to them becoming loyalty plots.
    only the plots wouldn't become -only- purchasable through loyalty tokens, it's more that they would get an EXTRA purchase option, so you could pay with coin -OR- loyalty tokens.

hence the loyalty 'plot slot' instead of loyalty 'plots'

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    only the plots wouldn't become -only- purchasable through loyalty tokens, it's more that they would get an EXTRA purchase option, so you could pay with coin -OR- loyalty tokens.

I agree with that it be useful cause some people buy lots of subs for plots.

Yes to the added option on plot purchase window. Or it could be similar to the option we have with adding mats or novians to a building. Have a check box to use Loyalty Tokens.

How would it effect players who are multi subbers? I currently have 6 subs active on my account. or would it be limited to active accounts instead? just curious. XD

But I`d love to have this option. I have loads of loyalty tokens just sitting there waiting to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post

Yes this was what I was also thinking. Thanks Meepsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    How would it effect players who are multi subbers? I currently have 6 subs active on my account. or would it be limited to active accounts instead? just curious. XD

But I`d love to have this option. I have loads of loyalty tokens just sitting there waiting to be used.
    I think if it were brought in, it should apply to plot holder subscriptions whether multi or not to be fairer. But a limit of 1 loyalty plot per plot holder subscription.

How about:

Knossos
    I'm liking this line of thinking.

To help make it implementable, a new type of plot classification would be needed. So every plot falling in the 2,500 m squared or smaller category, would be say a type 2 plot.

I'd suggest instead of a flat rate to purchase a plot with tokens, which may not be possible to do anyway, we leave the in-game coin costs in place. You wouldn't want to convert/force a plot into a type where the only currency it could be purchased with is tokens, and I don't think the game can accept multiple currency types for buying the same thing, plus varying size plots might need different token prices, that all just gets too messy to be practical.

But, some plots fitting the specifications would be a different type, which only affects how that plots' paid for with the game subscriptions. The plot slot for a paid sub could be used on either type 1 or type 2 plots. Type 1 is original plots classification, includes lairs and large plots. Type 2 is the smaller plot and might as well stay biped plot only.

I would suggest instead of "buying the plot with loyalty tokens", that instead we "pay rent" with loyalty tokens...

So, the extra type 2 plot subscription would be purchased in the game launcher. 6 loyalty tokens to buy into the system as a 1 time cost per sub that is not ever lost, that grants an extra type 2 plot sub as long as there is also a paid plot subscription, plus 6 tokens per year "rent". So for the first year, 12 tokens, after the first year, the type 2 plot sub is renewed at a cost of 6 loyalty tokens for 1 year. If it runs out and the type 2 sub/plot is lost, it can later be reactivated for 6 tokens for another year. All this could be handled in the launcher and/or the accounts page.

Once the player has purchased the type 2 plot subscription with tokens, they just go buy the plot they want in game in the standard way with coin. I think the continued "rent" is good, plus provides a way to spend those tokens. I don't think a 1 time cost of just tokens is really expensive enough for a second plot.

Having it cost 6 tokens per year also allows for some tokens to accumulate for use with pets, etc.

Hope that all makes sense.

paying 'rent with loyalty tokens' once a year not bad idea as long as its not to high, 6 per year sounds decent, no higher. I would like it to be auto paid each year so I don't have to keep track of when is due.

On the other hand I WOULDN"T want to see this lead to paying rent on regular plots paid with gold/silver.

Thread Information