Thread: Create Item icon button bug

Default Create Item icon button bug

Not sure if this is a blight client bug or just a general game bug...

Server: Chaos
    Client: 390.25 (using patch to blight)

If I use the create an item button to open the knowledge book to select a form to make, the show product button gets automatically checked. Opening a form and creating something goes ok the first time (slight drop in FPS). Any subsequent create item you do FPS drops from 28 frames from 34 to 6 FPS) and stays there til you close the create window and knowledge book. Even if you open knowledge book using K instead of the icon framerate drops dramatically after that first time using the icon. Once you've used the icon button to craft only way it seems to fix the extreme lag from happening every time you craft (whether use icon or K key) after that is to relog.

If you NEVER use the icon (use the K key instead) to open knowledge book the show product box does NOT get checked and there is no 28 frame drop in FPS.

Default Re: Create Item icon button bug

May be better for a ticket?

I can say that while testing both conditions i only get a very small temporary drop in frame rate (from 46 to 43 fps) that lasts less than a second or so no matter how many times i open the knowledge book/and create an item after opening the create item window for the first time either by my k shortcut or by pressing create item and opening the formula for a thing.

There was more then just me this was happening to early this morning, but whatever was causing it seems to have gone away.

The same craft window-related large FPS drop happened to me today, but can't remember exactly what I did. It has happened to me before this as well, so it's not a blight client fault. The slowdown is worst when the item creation window is open and several techs are added to the crafted item. Without techs it's not so bad, I wouldn't notice the FPS drop without looking at the FPS meter at the same time...

I remember similar things happening from time to time when I was on Unity server - around 10 years ago!

Thread Information