Thread: Few more Crystalshapers?

Default Few more Crystalshapers?

Is there a possibility to place a crystalshaping machine near Drakul or Island of Fire? There is the T5 crystals but no close machines for it at all. Maybe even placing some remote crystalshaper at Draak for T6? I just see a very short variety of oportunities to get or experience with T5 or T6 crystals at all.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Few more Crystalshapers?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    remote crystalshaper at Draak for T6?
    It's much, much less work to fly to Harro and use a lair there (there are some on Order with crystalshaping machines in it, including mine, though it's lower down), port to Bristugo and use one there (t6 lair by one of the entrances), or even port straight to Dralk and use a normal machine there. I doubt any crystalshaper put on Draak would get any use and any closer location might be seen as not enough of a challenge for T6.

I think the thought behind having no crystalshaper on Drakul is because the entire area is littered with lairs for purchase. I know it's not feasible to expect someone to build a crystalshaper there with the current population and the appeal of Drakul lairs (to some people anyway), but that might be the reasoning.

Island of Fire... well, there aren't any structures there in general except for that one cave. Could plunk a crystalshaper machine in there next to the gemworking bench?

Not trying to be a debby-downer, but moreso the devil's advocate, I suppose? I do like what you propose but the original logic behind it might still stand against your ideas.

Well I meant Draak because I mistook the Radiant crystals with Violet. I know there is lairs with crystalshapers at Harro, that's why I didn't say anything about that location. Tho there is no crystalshaper close to Crimsons at all.

I suggest either a crystalshaper at Island of Fire next to the gemwork like you sayd, maybe adding or relocating some crimson crystals to a more accesible place, instead of titian at Dralk maybe move it there, or adding more next to Mithrils Anvil, since there is some, but very few to use.

That crafting cave on the Island of Fire would be a good spot for a crystalshaper. No new caves or anything would need to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    That crafting cave on the Island of Fire would be a good spot for a crystalshaper. No new caves or anything would need to be made.
    I think that's a good place too. There is a lair that has a teleport Drakul. That is also an option.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    Well I meant Draak because I mistook the Radiant crystals with Violet. I know there is lairs with crystalshapers at Harro, that's why I didn't say anything about that location. Tho there is no crystalshaper close to Crimsons at all.

I suggest either a crystalshaper at Island of Fire next to the gemwork like you sayd, maybe adding or relocating some crimson crystals to a more accesible place, instead of titian at Dralk maybe move it there, or adding more next to Mithrils Anvil, since there is some, but very few to use.
    Ahhh okay, I was wondering if you thought those were t6. Again, I don't want to deny a closer t6 crystalshaper; I'm just presenting obstacles.

As for the relocation, I'm not sure where they'd go. Beefing up Mithril's Anvil would be nice, though I'm not entirely sure what's there right now. It's been some time. I think for Crimson the devs were betting on nearby player lairs, mostly, but they could definitely benefit from a global shaper.

As I mentioned prior, and you and Guaran mention as well, that cave would be great for one. It's still out of the way from any vault or pad, but close enough to let you shape without going nuts. I honestly dread t5 more than t6 right now because of the long flights and proximity to any 'shaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    There is a lair that has a teleport Drakul. That is also an option.
    Sorry, come again? Do you mean there's a community lair on Drakul? If so, I've never heard of it, but I could be misunderstanding you.

I think what Zyrim meant to say is that at Drakul there is this cave opening which leads to the portal in the center of Drakul, I think he meant to say to place a crystalshaper there like in the cave at Fire Island.

A crystal shaper will be added on the Island of Fire in delta 283.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Hm.. doesn't Dracaena have a lair on Drakul right by the waterfall? Think hers has all T6 machines if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing_Duck View Post
    Hm.. doesn't Dracaena have a lair on Drakul right by the waterfall? Think hers has all T6 machines if I remember correctly.
    I do have the lair at Tea by the waterfall (Order) but that is one lair that doesn't have t6 machines. Tea has t4 machines as I couldn't find a way to fit in t6 machines with the grand hall.

That lair is semi-public, if anyone wants to craft there let me know to add you to the permission list. I'm a little touchy about leaving the lair wide open with a t6 pawnbroker in there and having had unknown dragon(s) activate one of the t2 decorative machine rooms when the activation bug was around. I had to tear down that room and rebuild to fix it.

Back on subject, a shaper closer to the crater on Drakul would be nice. It's a bit of a flight from the far side of the crater to Tea. And I have no idea of what the situation is on Chaos at Drakul.

Thanks Amon for adding a shaper to fire island!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    A crystal shaper will be added on the Island of Fire in delta 283.
    Thank you Amon, that will be very helpful!

Thread Information