Thread: Dragon Crafting

Hybrid View

Default Dragon Crafting

Hello folks, I'm having a bit of confusion with some stuff about Dragon Crafting classes and stats.

At first, each level from Dragon Crafting does give x status (Quarring, Mining, Scalecrafting..), I have seen in Istaria Lexica and Wiki that each level from Dragon Lairshaping and Dragon Crystalshaping, does give similar x statuses per level. Tho I have 100 Dragon Crafting, but I began to level Lairshaping and Crystalsgaping aswell. Per each level from LSH and CRS I don't see any improvement on status.

Thus I'm here asking for explanation wheter I understood it in a wrong way but, should'nt each level from LSH and CRS give more quarring, health, and stuff like that?

If not, then how can dragons process T6 fairly in a good way? I use T6 V teched scales with Quarring, Mining but gathering T6 is fairly slow and hard..

Explanation please? I might be just missing something.

Default Re: Dragon Crafting

No you only get the skill points from one school, whichever would give you highest total. So for Lairshaping, since it looks like both schools give the same amount of points per level, you would not see any points being added until your lairshaping was higher then your dragoncrafting level.

Only thing you can do additionally if your got best scales you can make for what your gathering is using reaping potions and buffs and a tool claw with cogs.

I see. But isn't it a little unfair for Bipeds to be able to gather T6 faster than a fully buffed and maxed scales 100 Dragon?

They should add a bit more to gathering for Dragons, since they have only 700 base at 100 crafter on mining, quarring, essence harvesting. The processing of materials isnšt that mutch of an issue but, the other day I was gathering Radiant Essence with T6 V teched essence shaping/harvesting scales, with reaping potion and tool with radiant spellcrafters cog. I only reached like 1050/1100 on harvesting, and in 3 runs I only gathered 4500 essence, and a 100 Ped I was gathering with, got in 3 runs over 6000, which is significately more. In the end we began at the same time, and I got only 8000 and she had already gathered over 15000..

I see it a little unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazo View Post
    I see. But isn't it a little unfair for Bipeds to be able to gather T6 faster than a fully buffed and maxed scales 100 Dragon?

They should add a bit more to gathering for Dragons, since they have only 700 base at 100 crafter on mining, quarring, essence harvesting. The processing of materials isnšt that mutch of an issue but, the other day I was gathering Radiant Essence with T6 V teched essence shaping/harvesting scales, with reaping potion and tool with radiant spellcrafters cog. I only reached like 1050/1100 on harvesting, and in 3 runs I only gathered 4500 essence, and a 100 Ped I was gathering with, got in 3 runs over 6000, which is significately more. In the end we began at the same time, and I got only 8000 and she had already gathered over 15000..

I see it a little unfair.
    Peds need to lvl multiple classes before they can actually do anything with those mats, the reason DCRA has such a mixed bag of stats is because its a jack of all trades class.

I understand but, since peds have various crafting schools to level to get to where they are, shouldnt LSH and CRS give even if so just a few points all together when being leveled?

Like, its about 7 points per level for Quarrying lets say for DCRA, why not alloweing adding at least 1 or 2 points per DLSH and DCRS?
    They are also crafting schools like peds have and level the same way per say.

Lairshapers and crystalshaper aren't masters of gathering, they are more focused on their finishing skills.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

What is the point of adding a crafting school that potentially adds an unessasary grind and bloat to the game? This is especially the case for a gathering only school, unless the way one gathers the nodes is overhalled

I really don't think adding a gatherer/miner school will change anything. The fact like other people have said it will just add to the grind, if there is a new crafting school it should have some fun lore and quests but also use a new skill that requires the stats of gatherer and miner to be increased to fit in with the new skill. The fact is adding a gatherer/miner school might not fix the problem and it might make things unbalanced because there is that possibility or some untended consequences.

In addition, a bit of the crafting skills are getting a minor boost in the upcoming delta cause of the increase of strength and power by 100 points. Although with the incoming minor boost cause of the new deltas I really don't think a new gatherer/miner school is all that necessary to be honest and I think it's better to wait till after the deltas come to live shards.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; April 15th, 2016 at 03:48 PM.

In addition, a bit of the crafting skills are getting a minor boost in the upcoming delta cause of the increase of strength and power by 100 points. Although with the incoming minor boost cause of the new deltas I really don't think a new gatherer/miner school is all that necessary to be honest and I think it's better to wait till after the deltas come to live shards.
    It's an -extremely- minor boost to crafting - I tested it and putting on two strength based scales (50 str each, 25 dex each) I gained 8 mining. That's nowhere near what would be needed.

I'm all for t6 gathering techs, though. Seems to be the simplest/easiest way to solve the problem

Although bipeds may have higher mining/quarrying skills - after grinding very tedious schools - they have to walk while dragons can fly cross country.
    Every race has it's own benefits or drawbacks.
    My biped moves nearly twice as fast (or more) as my dragon flying does, not even using the easy to acquire quickstep potion or the slightly more difficult (actually looking at the craft mats needed, I'd rather make Nesia's than a quickstep xD) Nesia's draught.

t6 dragon cargo disk also gives -50 fly speed, biped is -35 walk
    In short, the benefits and drawbacks may be slightly out of balance, if not more so.

Thread Information