Thread: Textures missing on a staff

Default Textures missing on a staff

On my Priceless Staff of Ribeth, it has gone to appearing all gray, and the red ball in the head is gray.

It was fine up until sometime in the last year or so, seems like it got broken around the time the Demonskin staff and other demon weapons got the textures upgraded. That may or may not be connected to the issue. I mention the Demonskin staff because for years, it simply borrowed the look of the Ribeth staves. Perhaps the old/original settings/textures got left out or discarded once the Demonskin staff was changed?

It should have the three twined twigs making up the staff, black, with a red ball in the center of the staff head. The other regal staves are likely also affected: Exceptional Staff of Ribeth, Word Staff of Ribeth, and a third that I can't think of the name off the top of my head (Deteriorated maybe).

Default Re: Textures missing on a staff [resolved]

That staff was marked "obsolete", so it was excluded from the staff texture work a while back. Updated files were patched out today.

Thank you, that was a fast fix

Just checked on Chaos, then on blight too. Still not fixed. but I do see 2 new def files I think tied to it. but the agh is from 2015

Was playing around with aghviewer, looking thru the texture files for the staff weapons... seeing some that are much lower res than the rest. 128x256 for example. So I figured I should check a few other staves, and found several more that are broken too.

http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...beth_Staff.png

http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...ead_style).png

http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...eart_Staff.png

The blood dye doesn't look right anymore on the Oak staff.

Scabreia's is all messed up... Ribeth still broken.

Default Re: Textures missing on a staff

I've tracked down those other items and handed off to the devs. It's just those older items that are obsolete and were excluded. I'm sure they can get the older textures converted over to the new layout.

Im looking forward to Scabreias staff getting fixed!

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Update: The Scabreia's Heart Staff looks ok now.

The Ribeth got the color on the ball back to being Red, but the shaft of the staff is a very light gray, when it should be a very deep flat black. I suspect the tint isn't applying. When you look at many if not all of the staff textures, they seem to be the light gray coloration, with secondary coloration applying as its rendered or something.

Also need to note that the weapon dyes do not properly dye staves any longer. The Broken Oak staff picture in my previous post shows the broken appearance. This is how it should appear (very old screenshot):

How it currently appears:

Was running to an ascension last week, and when running by elial, noticed his swords' texture is messed up:

If I dig I bet I can find a picture of Elials sword when it looked correct.

Any word on the staff textures?

It depends which server board I think is which.

I noticed the messed up sword, too, but I can't place a finger on when it broke. I only noticed it somewhat recently when I was up on the peak for a friend's ascension a few weeks ago.

From google, a bit of a low quality picture of how it should look:

Elial has been fixed and that will be patched out soon. I was trying to track down that oak staff, but it shows up as quite a different weapon for me. If you send in a support ticket, with your character and that the item is in your inventory, maybe I can use that to track down the specific item.

This appears to be plain Oak Staff from Staff formulas. I opened Item creation for Oak staff and it has the same description,but I don't see a way to customize shape like this. This would be interesting shape to have back in game.
    Also description says yew but should be oak? "A thin stave,exceptionally shaped from oak"

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Yes, it was an old staff that I have kept around, since that particular tricking option got removed for whatever reason years ago, and I really like the look of it. It's just a player crafted item. I will put it on my character and then do a ticket. Thanks for looking into it.

Also don't forget that the Ribeth staff is still looking wrong too, should be a much darker black color to the staff. It's currently a light gray color.

Priceless Staff of Ribeth should be fixed and Demonskin also had a problem with the orb - also fixed. Both of these will go out with a client update soon.

Patched today, saw some staff textures =)

Took a look at Ribeth and Demonskin, they aren't quite right yet. Still more files needing patched possibly?

Demonskin staff's shaft, not sure that's the right look... but since it's new, maybe it is:

Ribeth looks good in the weapon preview in the item details window. But the head is now grey, and the shaft still not as black as it used to be. Shouldn't be shiny:

In this older picture of the ribeth staff, the head tines had the correct color here:

Thread Information