Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A holiday present in the works

Default Re: A holiday present in the works

"Obviously this doesn't provide security when giving a crafter resources to make an item (even though you can see what they made, they can still simply not give it to you), so I always recommend selling the resources to the crafter for a fair price, then giving that "deposit" back when they return the item. "

so in other words there's still no security?

if a crafter ended up making a great item, he can just not give it to me. he can say it didn't turn out good or say he was making that blade for a previous customer and so on.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

I dont think it will work like that, i think its more likley people will be advertising selling premade blighted items, people who would pay for them to be crafted would be taking a risk, a silly risk at that, unless it works out well for them, at which the crafter wouldnt be as happy, hence making them not want to do it again....so back to the first point, they will most likley be sold as the final product.

So i dont see it being an issue.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

Hm ..blighted equiplooks nice and to get arround those problems with item-creation iwould like to seean option in the craftscreen that could set the type of "broadcast".
    1st: No broadcast at all (default)
    and only if a blighted item (formula) is used you could have 2 or 3more options as
    2nd: Group broadcast so the "spam" goes to your actual groupmembers
    3rd: Name-input .. where you could fill in the customers name and only he will get those infos
    4th:output as an emote for a small area arround your actual position

This should take care of every situation as you could do it with no spam at all (for yourself) without others trying to spam you with "WTB that item you have just created"and you could get some ppl into a group or near your actual position with group/emote-output so they will see what statz the newly made equip got .. or you can send it directly to your customer only.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Maybe limit such broadcasts to group only AND only to creation of blighted items. Its not really necessary for unblighted items anyways since they aren't random in their output.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Maltavorn has a valid question, which has been asked before when this idea was proposed months ago. What lore or logic is there for dragons to place blighted items amid the normal, nicely made (shiny) items currently in a hoard? Blighted items certainly cannot be more valuable (by tier) then the Brass/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Royal items that have yet to be restored to pre-merge drop rates. Istarian lore needs to be updated to indicate the role of blighted items amid pristine ones in a dragon's hoard (will dragons be able to cleanse them in some degree?)

I asked that before and so far no response has been given. Hopefully it just won't be some "high hoard" game mechanics thing treated as a cookie just to hush players that seek lore or logic for game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Blighted Equipment will be found as loot from Withered Aegis creatures, as well as (rarely) the formula to make them.

- - - -

The techniques are random when a Blighted Equipment item is crafted as well as found as loot.

To craft a piece of Blighted Equipment will require the use of Blighted Cores as one of the resources. These are tiered resources that can only be acquired by deconstructing an existing piece of Blighted Equipment. So while the aforementioned Blighted Item with three penalties on it might not be very desirable to an adventurer, it still has value to a crafter for its Core.
    Actually, what will happen is that WA monsters will be farmed for formulas, techniques, andblighted items (thusAoE damaging classes have new areas). Then crafters will deconstruct undesirable Blighted items and craft/deconstruct Blighted items until a favorable result occurs. Many cores will be sought after (and any related resources needed for the techniques . . . Essence of Blight?).

It will be interesting to see the interaction (and prices) between adventurers and crafters or efforts for all-in-one characters and guilds - for formulas, techniques (with their random features), and resources.

Armor - at least one piece of each material and type, such as Iron Chainmail, Flaxen Padded, Leather, etc.
    Weapons - at least one of each skill at each level
    Jewelry - at least one of each type (earring, necklace, ring) of each material
    Dragon Scales - at least one piece of each type (chest, wing, etc.) for eachmaterial (where appropriate, i.e. there are no Bronze-Sandstone Head scales)
    Umm, I disagree. Biped jewelry is composed of bars and gems. Dragon scales are jewelry by nature and Armor and Health scales are composed of bars and bricks. If thereis BlightedArmor and Healthjewlry, there should be Blighted Armor and Health scales for fairness.

Edit: Thanks Ves, wasn't thinking about that . . . the dragon's unique scale jewelry system. Now it is a bit worse - (tier 1 chest, wings to 19th, tier II add head to 39th, tier III/IV add forelegs and hindlegs to 79th, tier V add back and tail). Seems askewed content then for dragons until able tobenefit more atthe higher levels. :: sighs :: but with trial and error in crafting, likely won't see full sets of beneficial bronze jewelry, or silver.

Aside from that oversight, it will be something new for all players to enjoy, tier I (sandstone, bronze, gems) to tier V materials AND an incentive to fight WA monsters. Now that is certainly a nice change!

I just hope there are enough farmers for Expert formulas and tier IV techniques . . .
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I think you are misinterpreting him with the scales Jaraiden. Smeglor wasnt saying there wont be health or armor blighted scales, but that there wont be low teir items for scale slots that are naturally higher teir.

In the example he gave, he used a bronze-sandstone head scale. Headscales should be at least iron-slate.

Just the same, you wont see a cobalt tail scale, ect.
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

in my less than humble opinion ... If blighted stuff gets mixed up with hoard then it should, over time, "blight" the items in contact ... and therefore also vaulted items.

... actually I personally think pandering to the needs of the bored should be a less priority than fixing thelong list existing problems.

The memory leak client side is still an unresolved MAJOR issue, not to mention all the gameplay issues with crafting, newbie grind, mob balancing/spawn rate, class balancing, broken abilities, racial/dragon issues.

Not that I think the blighted items set/system shouldnt happen - adding complexity to a game with many issues is a bit obtuse.

Oh, as a side comment .... EQ2seems to bepatching VERY OFTEN and QUICKLY in response to player issues. Dont get me wrong, HZ is my game but lessons can be learned from what other MMORPGs' developers do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

I agree. Fix first the long standing issues and client performance. Really, is AE setting some sort of record of unresolved issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Magfuddle
    in my less than humble opinion ... If blighted stuff gets mixed up with hoard then it should, over time, "blight" the items in contact ... and therefore also vaulted items.
    That is true and thanks for reminding me. A dragon uses its hoard, thus blighted items get used up (those charges), they become totally unusable . .. thus a dragon's hoard lowers a little. I remember posting something like this on Tazoon - if blighted equipment degrade to nothing, its contribution to hoard should degrade to no added hoard.

Another aspect to address AE.

Oh thanks Ves, lined out and edited my above post.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

One thing...Trust your crafter or find a crafter you trust. Those that mysteriously end up with a pile of uber items while only producing so-so or mediocre items will soon find themselves with a bad rep and little commission. If I seen Joe Weaponsmith selling some wonderful swords for mega silvers and then ask around to his customers on their satisfaction level it won't take long to figure out if Joe is honest or not.

Besides...Bori's my weaponsmith and he IS a Dwarf. He does not wish to shave his beard! [;)]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Nice to see some new content coming!

Smeglor or Amon - any word on if Ancient Dragon Rite of Passage is still on track to go live in December?

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    so in other words there's still no security?

if a crafter ended up making a great item, he can just not give it to me. he can say it didn't turn out good or say he was making that blade for a previous customer and so on.
    That's exactly the reason why I'm most likely not going to craft any of thesefor others. TRUST is a very important thing, and if you do not trust your crafter, don't bother asking him for doing the job for you.

There are always 2 options:[*]Sell the stuff to a crafter, and then pay a HUGE amount for a good piece[*]give all the stuff to the crafter and take what he did with it, no matter how good/bad it is.
    [/list]

And hell, we really don't need any more spam messages like for food or those ******** blighted damage spams. If you want to have sth like that, make it group only and disabled by default. And of course only for blighted formulas.
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

There needs to be some sort of guarantee on what the crafter is making.
    This will ofcource ensure that advs only contact guild-crafters or very trusted crafters outside the guild that they know they can trust 100%.

Trust is key.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

To be honest, I am not very enthused or even happy about this. No thank you Smeg.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Glad to hear your working on some proper loot Smeaglor[:)], hopefully your also focusing on the other issues though[;)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

The aRoP is on track for december from what we heard yesterday, lairs are probably not going to make it live until jan, too much testing needs to be done.

I really don't think you will be supplying cores, then getting items made from those cores. Right now I would be selling my cores to a crafter, and the crafter can make and sell items, but only when they make something useful.

Zvah

A potion that has random buffs/debuffs and food that either raises or lowers DP time could prove interesting :)

OMG what a great idea Zvah !

Anyone remember the DnD equivalent ??

"Deck of Many Things" ... have a play here ... http://www.kirith.com/deck/ ... note, that most DMs would agree that such a pwerful random artifact is dangerous to have ... imagine a random spell, potion that permanently damaged a player's stats or inventory items ! [6]

I know that Neverwinter Nights had a similar item, Deck of Hazards ! - produced random good or bad effects !
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

this whole thing also decays. a true adventurer can't like this sort of thing because he can't relate or identify to a weapon that decays.

i think it's time to look around some.

Item decay sux.. I dont like it either..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    this whole thing also decays. a true adventurer can't like this sort of thing because he can't relate or identify to a weapon that decays.

i think it's time to look around some.
    Allready started looking arround, show me one serious adv that is not looking arround...

In the case of blighted equip, not only do they decay but in the end they become useless. Whats the point to get such items then is beyond me.

Depending on how they implement the decay and the droprate and ofcource what the crafters will charge for this crap(Most likely the greed of crafters will be monumental as usual when it comes to rare stuff) we will see how it turns out.

Not saying that advs dont charge crafters by the way, but pure advs only source of income is selling forms ... we dont do pawnbroker runs like crafters do.

If its a bad implementation it will only end up screwing us advs and making us even more frustrated.

Lets see what happens.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Thread Information