Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A holiday present in the works

Default Re: A holiday present in the works

Sounds like a nice addition to me..something special to use on that extra-nasty foe, something new for me to make for folks, and build a customer base through making recharge kits. Everyone needs a good relationship with their armorer after all..*chuckles*
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Anikitos
    (Most likely the greed of crafters will be monumental as usual when it comes to rare stuff)

Not saying that advs dont charge crafters by the way, but pure advs only source of income is selling forms ... we dont do pawnbroker runs like crafters do.
    Sorry, the "greed of crafters" is nothing I've seen yet, even tho that isrepeated over and over by many adv.And absolutely nothing is comparing to adventurers asking 500s+ for a single expert form/tech.

The ridicolous high prices for techs are the reason for the high prices when buying products, not some "greed"... (same goes for high end tech drops)
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by CeroBostwick
    Sounds like a nice addition to me..something special to use on that extra-nasty foe, something new for me to make for folks, and build a customer base through making recharge kits. Everyone needs a good relationship with their armorer after all..*chuckles*
    Wrong.
    We dont need anything special to take down that "extra-nasty-foe".
    No boss-mob ingame atm can offer a high lvl multiclassed adv such a challenge, believe it because thats the way it is.
    And even if it did, bring 1 or 2 friends with you and destroy it in 2 seconds flat.

If in the future they introduced such uber-bosses then it would be different, but if such bosses cant be soloed by 1 or 2 heavy multiclassed high lvl advs and instead needs lets say 30 such ppl....and STILL drops 20 mithril ore then WTF is the point of such a boss unless its for some quest that will either benefit the community(yeah right, you need events for that and i have not seen one in ages) or will increase your abilities in some way(Ehm).

So as you see ... uber-bosses most likely wont happen in HZ regardless if some of us would actually enjoy a big raid.

That leaves us with gimped mob-bosses that some of us can drop ina fewseconds...and have actually no purpose in killing them as they dont give us anything at all of value expect some ego-boost.

What this is my friend, is a way for you to make more money, thats all.
    Sure, advs would earn some cash too selling that "core" thing or whatever but in the end what this is , is money-sink for advs.

There is no way an adv will pay good money to buy something that will actually become totally useless after some time.

It would be one thing if you could just repair the item so that it could be used again asusual without in the end becoming useless.
    That, i would accept.

But i wont accept an item that after x repairs becomes totally uselless.
    Atm there is no mob that justifies the need of "uber-equip".
    Meaning...there is no challenge.

Anikitos

P.S
    Besides most ppl are getting their lvls on the satyr islands like the Island of Elnath, killing Fyiakki(typo i bet..heh) lvl 90-100and tarantulas lvl 90-100.
    Was bored yesterday and went there for a quick session, took 4 lvls and dinged 100 Guardian after that short session.
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Dvergar
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Anikitos wrote: (Most likely the greed of crafters will be monumental as usual when it comes to rare stuff)

Not saying that advs dont charge crafters by the way, but pure advs only source of income is selling forms ... we dont do pawnbroker runs like crafters do.

Sorry, the "greed of crafters" is nothing I've seen yet, even tho that isrepeated over and over by many adv.And absolutely nothing is comparing to adventurers asking 500s+ for a single expert form/tech.

The ridicolous high prices for techs are the reason for the high prices when buying products, not some "greed"... (same goes for high end tech drops)
    Heh...600+ silver to tripple tech my T5 Mithril Plate armor, just for the work.
    Atleast 6 Gold spend on Vielo on tech resources.

500s for a tech? Then you must be talking about Armor V or something as rare as that.
    Not something i have found, 500+ silver is something i have not charged ever.
    At the most i got 250s for a color and that was because crafters where making me offers driving the price up themselfes.

So here is a question for you...
    "Did the chicken come first or the egg"

Greed will exist both ways obviously.
    Now, i gave you an example of what some crafters are charging...make up your mind if thats greedy or not.

Anikitos

Anikitos

The greedines of crafters or adventurers or single classers vs multiclassers or dragons vs bipeds are just permanent fence-talk that will never leave a game.
    Nor real life.
    All think to be honest and right while the others are corrupt and thieves yet we'll be really fast absolving ourselves for doing exactly like the others [;)]

Anyway the blighed stuff is a good concept with two killer flaws:

- It's bligthed.
    - It decays AND will become useless.

Both these factors completely nullify any will for a true adventurer to hunt them.

First in our lore (and general culture) wearing stuff from the dead in not much appreciated.
    Then, blighted, evil greenish smelly (!) stuff is all but a hero and less than less a paladin would ever dirty himself with.

Then it decays, which could be a good thing per se as it's pretty well accepted that used stuff gets ruined.
    But if the stuff becomes useless, as VERY correctly the very few prominent adventurers remained in this game point out, they will get no pleausure nor proudness having them.

They will just rot anyway, any emotion and attachment tied to the battle fought for them fading fast and leaving a dry taste.

Smeglor please hear those few adventurers that objected to some of your otherwise fantastic idea.
    They know their stuff.

To fix that it's just necessary to make these equipments "things of the bright and high legend" instead of slowly rotting undead pieces.

In the lore they were legendary weapons and armour blessed by the gods and worn by famous heros that fell to the undead.

Make them shining and gold etched instead of greenish, their positive power surviving the ages.
    Leave the "varying quality etc" stuff, that's ok.
    Same for all the rest, including decay, so an adventurer will have to anyway renew them, wether they are tier VI regular decaying items or these new kinds.

Remove the "becomes useless" part. IT KILLS THE ADVENTURER PLEAUSURE COMPLETELY.
    I am sure you prefer to have some more armors in game AND paying adventurers than making armors a scoffed at thing (after some initial curiosity for the new of course), the entire new feature not liked very much and adventurers quitting as they just told in the previous posts.

To offset the permanence of the items just raise the rarity to mad values.
    They will hunt for months to get that nice thing others don't have and will keep them as dearest because they costed so much.

Please Smeglor hear those adventurers because they are really famous and will influence others.
    They are who are you making these items to.
    They told you they won't bother hunting for self-destroing vile stuff that will just ruin the roleplay forcing a defensor of the good wearing armour of a lich.
    And worst of all they warned they'll quit. That matters in the end.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    The aRoP is on track for december from what we heard yesterday, lairs are probably not going to make it live until jan, too much testing needs to be done.

I really don't think you will be supplying cores, then getting items made from those cores. Right now I would be selling my cores to a crafter, and the crafter can make and sell items, but only when they make something useful.
    Excellent if AROP really does come in December! [:)][:)][:)][:)]

Just curious - what is your source for this information?

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Dear fellow dragons,

while I can't wait for ARoP and lairs to be in game, please consider that this (as stated in the title) is a GIFT given as a present to the adventurers that are still in game and waiting for new interesting stuff since a year.

Don't be blinded by greediness and every thread shout "when we will have this and that" because it grows old fast in the eyes of the others, expecially in threads absolutely not relevant with our things.
    There are more than dragons in this game. Let's them get some features too.

The lairs availability DB told (yesterday) is stated to be in January as in Dec they'll have only the time to test them.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

It all depends on how powerfull these items are, as Smeaglor said, some of the techs will be new. And for advs to accept the decay it better be worth it...

Btw...some months ago i looted a hoard item in WD, a sword. History of the sword said it had been made in the East by their famous weaponsmith rivaled by few....why not also bring "bright" drop stuff in, which might have been stolen by the WA from the good ppl of Istaria. Since it doesnt have any side affects, make it less powerfull than WA stuff and possibly extremly rare. Or you could just give us the ability to go on a long quest to cleanse the taint of the WA stuff. Just a few ideas[:)]
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Quote Originally Posted by Fhrain
    It all depends on how powerfull these items are, as Smeaglor said, some of the techs will be new. And for advs to accept the decay it better be worth it...

Btw...some months ago i looted a hoard item in WD, a sword. History of the sword said it had been made in the East by their famous weaponsmith rivaled by few....why not also bring "bright" drop stuff in, which might have been stolen by the WA from the good ppl of Istaria. Since it doesnt have any side affects, make it less powerfull than WA stuff and possibly extremly rare. Or you could just give us the ability to go on a long quest to cleanse the taint of the WA stuff. Just a few ideas[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Ooo, I like the quest-cleansing idea!

Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor

I see no reason not to broadcast the creation of all items to the emote channel. I mean, if you're standing there and can see someone crafting, couldn't you see what they make?
    Can we look forward to this? :)

~Lex
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woot!! Sounds like loads of fun, can't wait to get my hands on them.[:D]
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

It seems odd to me to hear folks complain about this. I mean, I wouldn't want *everything* an adventurer uses to decay, that's just a royal pain in the patootie. But this stuff is in addition to regularly crafted things, not a replacement for them.

At the beginning of this year Tazoon.com was filled with virulent debate between those who want item decay and those who don't. This strikes me as a great compromise. So it decays. Use it while you can and enjoy it. Or have a crafter make a regular teched item that will last the ages.

Sheesh, next thing you know people will be upset that a potion vanishes when you use it. Makes them useless, I guess, why spend coin on them? [*-)] Heh, speaking of which, Zvah, I need my combat potion fix! *shakes, eyes staring*

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's Pad, JMan Smithy open to all
    90 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/70 Reaver

Robert Quicksilver

Great idea! :D I like it!

Here's a thought..if you destroy a blight anchor or the general that makes the blight there is a small chance that you can loot a recharge kit.

While I do think the blighted equipment sounds cool, I have to agree that the idea of hoarding it feels icky. Even using the CS blighted jewelry screams "Collaborator!". I'd like to see some means of purifyingthe blighted equipment added,because the good guys deserve to havewicked awesome gear, too. [8-|]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    There is lore attached to Blighted items, but I'm not the one to tell it. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    Oooo.. nice dodge!

Somehow this does not inspire me with confidence. [:(]

Oh, and for the rest of the Dragons and whoever saying basically "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", that saying only holds true if this wasn't the 10th old nag to be "given" by the same horseflesh hawker.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    It seems odd to me to hear folks complain about this. I mean, I wouldn't want *everything* an adventurer uses to decay, that's just a royal pain in the patootie. But this stuff is in addition to regularly crafted things, not a replacement for them.

At the beginning of this year Tazoon.com was filled with virulent debate between those who want item decay and those who don't. This strikes me as a great compromise. So it decays. Use it while you can and enjoy it. Or have a crafter make a regular teched item that will last the ages.

Sheesh, next thing you know people will be upset that a potion vanishes when you use it. Makes them useless, I guess, why spend coin on them? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-42.gif[/img] Heh, speaking of which, Zvah, I need my combat potion fix! *shakes, eyes staring*

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's Pad, JMan Smithy open to all
    90 Blacksmith/63 Fitter/45 Mason/70 Reaver

You dont seem to get it do you...
    Its not as much the decay but the fact the item itself is worthless because it will not work after some repairs ... at all.
    Meaning it will be junk and non-operational.
    Such an item is indeed a worthless piece of garbage and a mockery to any true adv out there.

Get it now?
    Anikitos

Blighted equipment, that needs to be recharged and eventualy deteriorates. This is your answer to the adventurer's need for useable loot?

How about some good epic quest for groups of adventurer's to enjoy.
    How about the supposed reworking of crystals.
    How about some rare forms and techs that only a select few will have.
    How about some rare dropped items that a crafter could apply to existing armor or weapons to enhance them further.

There are so many options that would be so grand in this game, and your answer is blighted junk!

I like the idea, maybe you get a sword that is more powerful then your best craftable sword, and it only lasts a week. You can hunt a week with it, and craft a new blighted or get a new dropped sword. I think the hatred of the idea comes from people who only want to be uber, and have the best of the best all the time. This idea means they can not have the best of the best equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anikitos

What this is my friend, is a way for you to make more money, thats all.
    Sure, advs would earn some cash too selling that "core" thing or whatever but in the end what this is , is money-sink for advs.

Anikitos

Me? Make money? Pffft...obviously you mistake me for someone else. I have never charged a single copper for anything I have ever made, nor will I ever. Sure, people give me tips now and then, but I require nothing, be it for a suit of bronze or a suit of mithril. Perhaps I am a minority..but that still does not warrant my being lumped in there with the very folks I try to offset..
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

No AAO, it iS NOT about wanting to be Uber as you think some people might be. It is about having something that makes us UNIQUE! As it stands right now in horizons, we all have the same equipment, we all have the same abilities, only difference is where we put our training points. What is so interesting about that? Nothing!

Adding in rare forms and techs that only a select few would have, or rare unique crystals that apply random stats, or dropped items that when added to exisitng items add random stats, would be pretty ******** cool.

You like blighted junk that you can't use after a few days and have to recharge, fine, glad you like it. Fact is the majority will NOT like it.

As I stated before there are so many options available to DB and the Devs to makeHorizon's truely stand out against the other MMO's, but unfortunately they can't seem to come up with them.

Thread Information