Quote Originally Posted by Machaeon View Post
There always is the option of making your own biped if you want to be ENTIRELY self-sufficient. Depending on the extent of usefulness you want it could be a long process (Grand Master Crafter) or if you just want to be able craft a few things (like t5 potions and scrolls), it could only take a few weeks of craft grinding to get you there. In the case of egg gathering, it'll take you maybe an hour at most to have that need crossed off your list forever.
I understand that, but that isn't really relevant to the point; the issue as framed is "How much self-sufficiency is reasonable in an MMO game?"

Ultimately, it's Virtrium's decision, but I'd like to think that the realities of play-style fluidity (i.e., people like to change it up and part of that includes being able to solo when they prefer it), being a little more open to it would be the wiser course.

At the moment, I greatly prefer solo play. Not because I dislike people, but because I play to de-stress, unwind, and frankly, grouping tends to be just the opposite of that for me.

(I spend my work days as facilitator and problem solver; helping large groups of people or companies figure out what the market wants, how to best meet that want, and how to balance a product/service between conflicting wants. Having to do the same things in a game just isn't attractive to me all the time. Some of the time, yes. Not all.)