Thread: Broken scale vs Crafted gear

Default Broken scale vs Crafted gear

Ive been doing some tinkering with how EPION is set up and poking at the new content haven't found most of it but I plan to stick around for a while . Where I see where the devs are going with the broken scales , and dont get me wrong they provide great buffs, I prefer full Craft able items so i can make my gear fit my play style .

Looking at the gear as it stands now .

Priceless Conqueror's Back Scale
    Yes !!!
    +65 Armor
    +105 Strength
    +105 Dexterity
    +105 Tooth and Claw as long as i can add a resistance tech to this im happy very happy to make this .

Priceless Conqueror's Head Scale
    Meh
    +105 Health
    +105 Tooth and Claw
    +105 Dexterity

the scale is little or no use to my play style and hears why Health +105 in replacement of a Dark Diamond Crystal i loose 45 health points ,

Tooth and claw +105 is a nice buff and I always have on my scales

+105 Dexterity I have made accommodations for this with training points and crystals and my hits are fairly accurate. so i would prefer to go Strength over accuracy.

To make this scale up to par I would half to compromise too much (Give up my defense tech ) on my style of play . ( shoot first shoot latter shoot some more and when every thing is dead try to ask a question or two)

My scale would look something like this
    Priceless Conqueror's Head Scale

+105 Strength
    +105 Tooth and Claw
    +105 Dexterity
    T5 Defense tech of my choice .

Priceless Conqueror's Foreleg Scale
    NO
    +165 Armor
    +105 Strength
    +105 Tooth and Claw
    where this scale is decent i would half to give up way too much in crystal power

Priceless Conqueror's Hindleg Scale

+165 Armor Epis a tank I always like more armor
    +100 Health Im not a fan of health where crystals give more , Strength or Dexterity
    +65 Dragon Breath ( Have you guys smelt epis breath lately ? Reclar runs from it or use too ) Replace with t and c version pls .

Priceless Conqueror's Tail Scale
    will make to tinker with how im set up
    +65 Armor
    +105 Dexterity
    +105 Strength
    +105 Tooth and Claw

this is an awesome scale but i run with the Bard tail scale for the armor and recycle boosts . where this scale is superior in many aspects the faster my recycle times are the more damage i can cause . Making me an effective tank dd Hy-bread

Priceless Conqueror's Wing Scale
    Worthless 2 out of 3 techs i don't like and the last slot has to be Velocity
    +100 Health
    +105 Dexterity
    +65 Dragon Breath

Again crystal for dragon breath if i chose but i dont , health again crystal

Tooth and claw dex Str Defence tech and i would be in-love with this set

Any chance we can get a revision or a set for a tank damage dealer hybrid?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Broken scale vs Crafted gear

EPI- priceless scales are fine the way they are!
    Bad news is^^:
    There is no one -for- all- gear anymore.
    Different mobs need different gear.
    Good news is:
    All you need is ingame
    So just combine old scales /priceless congerer/primalist/ epic gear and find out what is best for you against diff. mobs.
    My Luna is the dmg dealer hybride- she changes quite often (can hardly close her closet anymore^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

The t6 scales currently boost all relevent skills to melee/casters accordingly.

As an entire set it is well rounded, and if one wants to move towards pure tank/dps then some scales will be t5 and not t6 because most of the t6 scales tend to lean towards either attack or defence (e.g. hindlegs are defensive, backscale is attack) with a few leaning to both.

As one singular set encompassing the entire scale of dps-tank and a second dimension of how often breaths are used, it must be well rounded, and allow for customization - which it does, with two tech slots and the choice to use t5 scales where they may be better at what your build wants to do (e.g. as a pure dps mainly, i use just less than half of the t6 scales because only a little less than half boost my damage more than t5 scales do.)

So...i disagree with changing them (unless it were split to a dps and a tank scaleset for both melee/casters, so 4 scalesets in total, but that might be a little OP as well as disorganised formualae)...

...because sure, you may have no use for dragon breath, but some people do. I personally also have little use for dexterity, but I can name a handful of people who'd hate to lose the dex boosts either because they are an accuracy focused build or because they (like me) use the dexterity boosts to atone for lack of training points there.
    And while, as a dps, there's some places where i'd love a greater tnc/strength boost, tanks are gonna disagree with me on that. And similarly, armour/health boosts instead on some scales i'd hate because i'm not a tank.

2 techs per broken item ? then that's a different story but if it is just one additional slot i stand by what i have posted
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    2 techs per broken item ? then that's a different story but if it is just one additional slot i stand by what i have posted
    Yes, the repaired t6 scales have 2 technique slots

Or 2 sockets in head, forelegs and chest
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Two technique slots is more than fair considering the boosts they already give un-teched. I play a hybrid, split right down the middle between melee and casting so equipping half of the conqueror set (with caster techs applied to them) and half of the primalist set (with melee techs applied to them) works BEAUTIFULLY for me.

If you want a hybrid t6 set, I suggest simply doing something similar to what I did, and as Lovwyrm said, everything you need is already ingame.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

Thread Information