Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

Hybrid View

Default Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

• Expert Primal Health formula requires 920 spellcraft skill to scribe.
    • Expert Excoriation formula requires level 800 lairshaping skill to scribe. Journeyman Excoriation formula requires 400 lairshaping to scribe.
    • ‘(Hourly) Clean Up The Wriggling Masses’ no longer refers to Braekhis as male.
    • Formula: Scale/Tallisman of Dance/Melody/Revelry/Feast requires any crafting school level 80 instead of current crafting school level 80
    • Crystal of Mind (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Mind of the Void’s effect: Migraine. Chance has also been increased from 5% to 15%.
    • Crystal of Bone (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Bone of the Void’s effect: Temporary Bleed Resistance.
    • Crystal of Heart (Rift) crystal will now properly trigger Heart of the Voids effect: Temporary Stun Resistance & Temporary Mesmerize Resistance.
    • Increase banner limit to 10 per plot
    • Increase basket limit to 20 per plot
    • Increase tree limit to 30 per plot
    • Increase wheelbarrow to 20 per plot
    • Increase flowers to unlimited per plot
    • Hesia now has <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Adulura now has <Cleric Trainer> tag.
    • Daily Riddle: Golden Treasure (Eostre Beetle quest) will cause Giant Chickens to drop eggs while on quest.
    • Guardians of Rift (Blood, Bone, Heart, Mind) now have normal spawns and no longer spawned manually (speaking to NPC) during ARoP quest. They have the same spawn timers as Less Epic mobs.
    • Legacy Guild houses (T2-T6) now share the same furniture decoration files as their current cousins.
    • Legacy Tier 1 Human Guildhouse now has furniture decoration. Thanks Tilithia !
    • Aughundell Town Center and the underground areas has been decorated with furniture. Thanks Tilithia !
    • Corn, Tomato, Wheat, Apple Trees, Grape Vines and Kenaf now grow in Tishlar
    • A small vein of Iron has been found near Tishlar
    • A rich vein of Gold has been found near Tishlar
    • Guardian of Rage now respawns more slowly

• Warrior
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 1
      • Negate Attack 1 is now known as Heroic Shout 1 and is received at level 7 (instead of 4). It has a 20 meter range, a 30 second recycle, and a 2.5 post-delay. Instead of giving a buff to the player, it now gives a debuff called Confused to the target which reduces the damage of its next attack.
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 10 (instead of 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Critical Strike I is now received at level 9 (instead of 10), has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes) and a 1.5 post-delay
      • New ability, Charge, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, 2.5 post-delay, gives a debuff called Interrupted that prevents your target from executing any actions for 3 seconds.

• ‘Ryson Stormbringer's Challenge’ has been updated to reflect the changes to New Trismus.
    • Mage
      • Enhanced Flame Bolt I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Engulf I is now received at level 3 (was 4)
      • Burn Armor I is now received at level 5 (was 3)
      • Mage’s Maddening Trick I is now received at level 10 (was 6)
      • Burnout I is now received at level 7 (was 10) and has a recycle of 40 seconds (down from 50)
      • Coordinated Flame Bolt I now has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)

• Cleric
      • Smash I is now received at level 1 (was 4)
      • Instant Heal I is now received at level 3 (was 2) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Power Strike I is now received at level 5 (was 7)
      • Magic Crush is now received at level 7 (was 6) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45)
      • Coordinated Strike I is now received at level 11 (was 9)
      • Protectorate is now received at level 9 (was 3)

• Scout
      • Power Shot I is now received at level 1 (was 2)
      • Long Shot I is now received at level 3 (was 4) and has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Blinding Shot, received at level 5. 30 second recycle, causes Blinded (10 second debuff that reduces the target’s to-hit by 50%).
      • Pinion I is now received at level 7 (was 6), has a recycle of 30 seconds (down from 45).
      • Pinion’s debuff is now known as Pinned, lasts for 5 seconds (down from 20), and is a root instead of a speed modifier.
      • Heart Seeker I is now received at level 9 (was 10) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 3 minutes)
      • Coordinated Shot I is now received at level 10 (was 9) and has a recycle of 60 seconds (down from 90)
      • Staple Shot now recycles every 45 seconds (down from 2 minutes)

• Dragon
      • Refreshing Breeze I now has a recycle of 90 seconds (down from 3 minutes).
      • Galewind I now has a recycle of 45 seconds (down from 60)
      • New ability, Coordinated Breath I, received at level 10. 60 second recycle, fire-based breath attack, consumes 100 hoard per use.

• Massive Yew Treants can now be found on Saritova
    • Rift Tokens are now valued 20% higher (currency used by Blagarath in Dralk)
      • Symbol of the Rift = 6 (was 5)
      • Relic of the Rift = 12 (was 10)
      • Omen of the Rift = 24 (was 20)
      • Vestige of the Rift = 48 (was 40)
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Delta 287 + Discussion

Well this is certainly one of the most exciting patches I'm happy about because it will/must help lowbies to integrate better.

The tokens it's a brilliant idea since it is a bit tedious to farm them and with the guardians up will be even smoother.

I have just one question I'm not certain about since I just discovered it. It is a bug that the Shiny Figurines don't give buffs anymore? Because I chew them like nobody's business but I don't get any buff anymore.

yes good thing that!!
    though I would have prefered lower costs on the rift crystal forms.

Thank you for listenig- and a fast change!!

Shazo: Shining stilll give the buffs- just tested
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    yes good thing that!!
    though I would have prefered lower costs on the rift crystal forms.
    I'll take any small increase, to make the last of my token grinding a bit faster. Also the guardians respawns *squeals with joy*

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

A lot of people don't even know about the special rift essence crystals yet and this is blight so it's not affected the live servers yet. Just remember the old days of trying to find SoG......constantly being solo'd because it could be.
    We'll see come Tuesday though when it goes live.

There is a special story behind the Rift. Everyone who did ARoP knows the story of Ellean. Ellean died because he/she entered the rift without the spirit form! What do you think is this Focus of Spirit for? XD Originally to protect yourself from beeing ripped appart in the Rift and i`m actually sad this doesn`t work in game. Maybe they will add it one day. Anyway i have no clue how bipeds are supposed to learn the Rift Spirit form AND get past V`Tieru the gate guarding dragon from old days. Also speaking as a draggon i would not let any kind of biped get close to the Sleeper. It`s enough what the humans did to dragonkind by sending her/him (i think the sleeper is female) into the rift and leaving dragonkind unable to grow up normally. If the Entombed dragon would be still free i guess he would rip off the head of every single biped concidering to enter the rift XD.

Just my opinion . Bipeds have stuff we cannot make also. So let this be a place for dragons. They are already allowed to enter Helians tomb thats enough.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Guardians do drop rift crystals but they also drop Guardian essence which can be used to make special rift crystals, now these are quite good actually (better now they are fixed). The mobs will be farmed for these alone (and you don't need 2 they can be solo'd quite easily).

Now the other thing to consider is the ARoP.
    ie, you get to 1st guardian and its just been farmed...20 min timer to respawn with possible "group" problems when it re-spawns.
    take that across all 4 and suddenly the ARoP becomes a thing to dread rather than cherish.
    The fact it's Dragon only IS a problem too........DO NOT ALLOW PEDS IN THE RIFT!!!!!!
    Doing game changes to make it easier for 1 section of the gamers and not the rest is very wrong.

I cannot personally see why the Guardians (not to mention lore breaking change) need to be touched at all.
    They are not broken, they don't need to be fixed.

If it's purely a change for the special rift crystal essences then this needs re-looking at, perhaps make a smaller version that spawns and call it like, Echo of Blood Guardian or something. That way those doing the ARoP will still have chance to spawn the mob needed and not wait constantly for a re-spawn.
    Or rename the crystals and move them into the Eastern Deadlands instead, this way ALL have a chance to farm them and not just Ancients.

I haven't heard of anyone farming the Rift Guardians... let alone causing issues with someones' Arop. If a group for Arop actually came along someone waiting to kill the guardian, you would just invite them in.

Bipeds in the rift? Hell. No. This would cause issues to be much more likely to come up imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I haven't heard of anyone farming the Rift Guardians... let alone causing issues with someones' Arop. If a group for Arop actually came along someone waiting to kill the guardian, you would just invite them in.

Bipeds in the rift? Hell. No. This would cause issues to be much more likely to come up imho.
    I've seen some people farm guardians, I even did it myself. And that's now, when you need adult to spawn them for you. (used to be able to spawn them more then once)
    Yes you can invite them into group, but you still have to wait for them to respawn, same as old Surth and crystalshaping quest, almost every time you had to wait hour for it to respawn.
    I think echo or shadow of guardian is not a bad idea.
    As for peds in rift, no.

How long ago? You might be thinking of back when the Rift Guardians and all Epics dropped 500s to 1g per kill. But that was changed years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    * Guardians of Rift (Blood, Bone, Heart, Mind) now have normal spawns and no longer spawned manually (speaking to NPC) during ARoP quest. They have the same spawn timers as Less Epic mobs.
    I dont like this. Guardians are the weakest epics out there yet they drop the most useful things (epic tokens, rift tokens, crystals, sometimes crates). Imo you are just making another old-surtheim like place where people will sit solo and farm their things. At least buff them so they are not easily soloable.

Negate Attack 1 is now known as Heroic Shout 1 and is received at level 7 (instead of 4). It has a 20 meter range, a 30 second recycle, and a 2.5 post-delay. Instead of giving a buff to the player, it now gives a debuff called Confused to the target which reduces the damage of its next attack.
    I forgot to put it in the notes that Heroic Shout I is also a Taunt with an equivalent strength of 100 damage.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Were only saying no Peds in the Rift due to another realm that was added not so long ago for Dragons but due to Peds moaning about it, they made a quest so peds can now enter this "special Dragon realm".
    The Fiery Rift.
    Making it an advantage to hunt in the Rift will soon lead to peds moaning that they cannot and ect.......

Hm Fiery Rift is (if i remember correctly) the realm where the dragons originally came from right? Drulkar should still be in there somewhere. I could imagine if he sees a naka walking around he`d start hunting it hehe. Rift should remain ped free allone according to lore. Lunus would have never allowed a ped to enter the rift due to what they did to the sleeper a long time ago. So will his followers get angry too. Also peds got already alot stuff dragons cannot make. How would they even be able to make crystals? Crystalshaping is a dragon school right? Just make a dragon chara to experience what you can`t as ped or the other way. That`s how i do it .

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    I dont like this. Guardians are the weakest epics out there yet they drop the most useful things (epic tokens, rift tokens, crystals, sometimes crates). Imo you are just making another old-surtheim like place where people will sit solo and farm their things. At least buff them so they are not easily soloable.
    You need to factor in they are needed for ARoP and also the rift is only dragon only. Any change to them need to be balanced.

Yes, that is one more reason to keep them "special".

With all respect, Zoubek- but I could not disagree more!!

We`ve come to state- and here I want to cite Smaug -what he said in the Surtheim- thread:

I dont, game is more and more just catering to the elite, leaving average players less and less they can do without just being a tagalong with the elite.

Buffing the rift mobs up is kinda cynical- tell newer players to better get used to be dependent on the elite players.

My friends and me surely have fun with the new, pimped bosses-
    but I watch this all with a piece of skepticism and concern- regarding newer/non uber players.
    I know that not many think like me. But I have to state it here nevertheless.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 1st, 2016 at 07:13 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Then keep them as they are now, manual spawn only. If you make them spawn as regular epic every 20 minutes or so and keep the loot as it is (epic tokens, rift tokens, crates, crystals) thats just too much.

I do not have problem with their current strength or anything, what i mind is changing their spawn from manual to "auto" and thus making them just farm for tokens. Why should anyone bother killing Daknor, Gruk, etc when they can just rotate Guardians much faster and do it solo at that?

Like the changes to early abilites, should help the new player experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoubek View Post
    FYI, any of the Epics can be "Farmed"... that is, killed over and over. And that's what is supposed to happen to earn tokens.

Farming Rift Guardians for tokens?? These are lesser epics. So, once a day you get 8 tokens (from the once a day quest) plus 1 looted token. 9 Tokens. The amount gained is nothing to get excited about. It's no different than how Surthiem has been since he was made to count as a lesser epic (over a year ago). So, let's say someone is doing a daily farming of a Rift Guardian to get 9 tokens. Typical epic weapon requires 330 tokens to buy the cores. So 37 days to earn something. It's the exact same time needed if all you do is kill Fafnir once a day. Or Gruk once a day. The time is the same.
    You can kill Guardians with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Gruk with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Fafnir with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Daknor with 2 or 3 players.

It's not a big deal.

Comparing it to 'Farming' is a mis-characterization. Farming would mean killing repeatedly, say 10 times per day or more. Which no one is going to bother to do, because:
    First kill: 9 tokens, possible crate.
    Second kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Third kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fourth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fifth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Sixth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Seventh kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Eight kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Ninth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Tenth kill: 1 token, no crate.

So kill him once a day, get 9 tokens and maybe a crate. Or kill him 10 times, to get 20 tokens and maybe a crate. woohoo, let's go farming!

Not worth the time.
    Last edited by Guaran; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Like the changes to early abilites, should help the new player experience.

FYI, any of the Epics can be "Farmed"... that is, killed over and over. And that's what is supposed to happen to earn tokens.

Farming Rift Guardians for tokens?? These are lesser epics. So, once a day you get 8 tokens (from the once a day quest) plus 1 looted token. 9 Tokens. The amount gained is nothing to get excited about. It's no different than how Surthiem has been since he was made to count as a lesser epic (over a year ago). So, let's say someone is doing a daily farming of a Rift Guardian to get 9 tokens. Typical epic weapon requires 330 tokens to buy the cores. So 37 days to earn something. It's the exact same time needed if all you do is kill Fafnir once a day. Or Gruk once a day. The time is the same.
    You can kill Guardians with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Gruk with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Fafnir with 2 or 3 players.
    You can kill Daknor with 2 or 3 players.

It's not a big deal.

Comparing it to 'Farming' is a mis-characterization. Farming would mean killing repeatedly, say 10 times per day or more. Which no one is going to bother to do, because:
    First kill: 9 tokens, possible crate.
    Second kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Third kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fourth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Fifth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Sixth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Seventh kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Eight kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Ninth kill: 1 token, no crate.
    Tenth kill: 1 token, no crate.

So kill him once a day, get 9 tokens and maybe a crate. Or kill him 10 times, to get 20 tokens and maybe a crate. woohoo, let's go farming!

Not worth the time.
    You dont get just epic tokens, you also get rift tokens, rift crystals and even some hoard back. That is quite a lot for how difficult is it to kill them. And btw old-Surtheim spawned once in hour with one token and some crates and camping it was still worth it for some. Oh and 10 kill would take how long? hour and half maybe? for 20 tokens? totally worth it.
    Imo they should stay as they are now - manual spawn only.

Thread Information