Thread: Naka Questlines when in certain/switching to certain schools

Default Naka Questlines when in certain/switching to certain schools

So I noticed today and it may've been announced already or whatnot... I started doing quests (after time n time again logging in to craft for 4-6 hours straight and getting sick of crafting) to level adv schools. In doing a few quests that require both crafting and adventure though, seem kinda funky... Seems you have to know exactly what crafting school to be in BEFORE you receive the next step of the quest

Like example of the top of my head, just made up they very likely don't exist:

Go kill 13 Scarabs!
    You kill 13 Scarabs bring it back yay you get exp in Warrior.
    Ok now I want you to go craft me 30 Spell Shards.
    Uh oh you're in Tailor.... Now... No matter what you do... You HAVE to do this step IN Tailor school. To not get credit for the crafting of the shards, which sure. If you're trying to level a lower level school it's fine.. Who cares if you don't get the crafting exp for the actual craft, since you'll get prolly 800 Spell Shards worth in exp afterwards. BUT I think the ability to be able to switch to Jeweler (Say every Crafting school you have is lv 25. You prolly want the credit for crafting too, or would at least appreciate what it would give you)

~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so this is what I tried by example... I noticed I needed Jeweler or Gatherer to get exp for the 150 cut Amethyst this person in Bristugo wanted... so I ran off to go get Jeweler, then after getting switched, noticed it locked my quest... So I switched back to Tailor... Well.. It's still locked... So I abandoned the quest and talked to the chick to get the quest again... Now I have no quest, and prolly can't finish the questline for whatever, if anything, she may give me.

This basically makes me want to completely avoid any questline entirely without researching some sort of quest leveling guide first so I know WAY before hand when I need to switch to what crafting class to get best results or whatnot. And I really want to see what alot of the new (Well new since... 2010?) quests are like. I don't really want to go solo, into a lv 51 area with my lv 26 school and try to solo grind up to lv 60 and rinse repeat til I get all my classes caught up. I also don't want to abandoned every one of my classes either (As I've been told countless times to do, I've already done this with all basic classes (Warrior/Cleric/Mage/Scout etc etc etc))

So as I said above, it's prolly been noticed before or brought up but I figured I'd put my 2 cents out there, if it's intentional.. Ehh... but I know alot of things are being looked over to be fixed so *shrug* Who knows
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Default Re: Naka Questlines when in certain/switching to certain schools

Most likely you just didn't meet a required level in the school you switched to, I know that you can use the Amethyst repeatable in Brist for most schools, doesn't matter which one you start it in (as I have switched many times inbetween with various quests, can't say 100% for sure whether I have done it with that one). Same thing for the Elm repeatable in Sable Shores.

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    Most likely you just didn't meet a required level in the school you switched to
    I belive it's got a lv25 or 30 craft requirement (guessing because i know one of those two levels is adv level you retreive abigails mining pick bit before that).

One thing i HAVE noticed, while leveling my biped (i probably didn't notice on my dragons since they level so fast in comparison) is that a LOT of questlines have different level requirements for differenet parts-

So for context, my kitty is 41 warrior and currently 37 mage, and i have been leveling her from 27 mage over the past 4 days or so.

Alright, so, my warrior has been able to accept every single t2 adventure quest because 41 surpasses the minimum adventure level for all of them.

So i switch to mage - half of my quests go inactive.
    Most notably, the quest "Vandus Confederation: Withered Aegis Threat II" goes inactive. Well, she's lv27, and the very first vandus confederation quest is lv30 (the level i first got it in warrior), reasonable. It isn't until level 35 actually that I can continue this quest again, so somewhere down the line, one quest step needed more levels than it's previous.

Plundered tombs questline...level 28 or so, the quest for Moravvis' tomb unlocks for me, I level a bit first to 31 before I do it, and find after i've killed the necromancer I can't continue to Vandus' tomb....again, level 35 until I was able to accept that quest, and they're on the same questline.

Right now my kitty is 37 mage, and i am waiting until level 40 which is, I assume, the level i can get the quests for Ritual of Eternal Rest (vandus' tomb, plundered tombs line) and Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the Midst II (vandus confederation line) because even though I completed their previous steps at lv35 and i have thus far been unable to get their next parts.

If i hadn't done these questlines before, I definitely would not have known they have other parts due to the fact that different parts have different level requirements, and the only reason I can remember to pick up the ends of those two questlines is because I wrote it down on some notes. A new player i highly doubt would know that those quests can be continued if they have had the same experience as I...

So...yeah, it'd be fantastic to get SOME warning about the level requirement of the next part of questlines, or at the very least a "Get stronger and come back and see <insert NPC here>" if these questlines have different minimum levels to begin seperate quests. (I think this kind of warning only appears once in the skulk part prior to both plundered tombs/vandus confed)
    Last edited by Azath; July 5th, 2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: i guess that's more of a suggestion but it's relevent so shhh

That's all normal behavior for quests given to certain schools. Change out of a school, you may no longer meet the requirements.

If a quest goes disabled, do not delete it. Change schools back, or come back to it later.

The game tells you in the feedback window, when a quest is disabled. So when changing schools, keep an eye out for that. If you change school and a quest you wanted to work on gets disabled, change back.

Tier 2 has many school specific quests that will disable if you change schools. Cleric, Mage, Warrior all have quests just for them.

Thread Information