Thread: Game Content --- Battle Arena

Qwyn

Default Game Content --- Battle Arena

Many people look to have PvP in the game. I myself see PvP as a useless idea. Usually it is just jerks and idiots who run around making more of a pain in the backside than it is a usefull tool.

But ...... {isnt there always a But?? [:D]}

This is not an original idea. This is already implemented in a MUD game I played but worked real nice and can be added to Horizons easily.

Run by the city {Tazoon maybe?} an arena has been erected. A huge dirt floor issurrounded by tiers of seating. {too bad we can not actually sit} Warriors and Mages of all sizes cometo test their abilities against one another amid the cheers and jeers of the assembled audience.

Of course an entry fee is required. Winner takes the purse minus the city share. City run events against captured mobs. This gives the GM?s a tool to make and give special trophies, special events and also allows the players who need to show their superiority an avenue to do so and not disrupt people who do not wish to partake in PvP. Can a Pally defeat a Reaver of same stature? Who wants to be a Dragon Slayer?

Rules? Simple.

Players must be within 5 ranks of each other to partake.

Fights are to the death or within a proscribed time limit where the contest is then declared a draw if both combatants are still standing. Entry fee minus a certain % is returned to the combatants.

Recalls are not required as an arena worker casts a total rez.

A fight registry needs to be made and each race and school separately listed with the top 10 fighters listed.

Of course this arena needs to be built by the people who populate the lands. Experience and money can be increased for this special project to make it a lucrative endeavor.

Default Re: Game Content --- Battle Arena

I don't Pvp myself, but I think something like this would help spice up the game some. I wouldn't mind sitting back and watching a few battles myself, especially if you could join teams and fight as groups. Just keep the PvP controlled to a certain area like an arena, island or possibly a server if it could be afforded.
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Ssilmath would be there faster than you could blink, challenging every mammal he could...I would love to see some good ole PvP, and we could finally start bringing our arguments of what classes are better to a more active 'discussion'

ButI would also like to see group on group...for example, the best fighters of guild X versus the champions of guild Y...Make for some mad crazy fun, in my opinion
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Jouger

Want to save this game and your jobs AE? This is how you can do it. Nuff said.

i love PvP, so i can beat up on the idiots.

too bad i can't beat up on the idiots who complaint about these idiots.

but hey, can't have everything, can we?

excellent idea.

Thread Information