Thread: Map Pointers

imported_Kealla

Default Map Pointers

I am very interested in any map pointer files that have been created since the NA shard merger.

Please post here any fantastic information you have gathered.

Many thanks.

Kealla, Saris Cleric/Tailor/Weaver

The Echelon, Guild Plot on Papa, www.the-echelon.net

Default Re: Map Pointers

Hello Kealla,

I think you can find Pekka's MapPack at this address http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori..._Map_Pack2.exe

It is one of the best, if not the best mappacks I have ever encountered for Horizons.

Unfortunately I don't have the complete post about it from the Tazoon boards, hopefully Pekkas will find his way here some time soon!

Norn the Dwarf
    Chancelor of the Knights of Istaria (KoI) on Chaos
    Spiritist/Healer/Enchanter/Gatherer/Weaver/Carpenter/Tailor
    Norn Deliverance
    Chancelor of KoI (Knights of Istaria) on Chaos
    Spiritist/Healer/Enchanter/Weaver/Carpenter

Moto

The only problem to Pekka's version 2 map is that we don't have the new large northern island added to it yet. I'm hoping she adds it soon, as it is really hard to navigate up on this island and brings back shadows of when Horizons had no map.

I fully agree. And its not in the normal in game maps yet either :-(

Here is a JPEG of the Northern Continent: http://www.serialkiller.org/flow/horizons/nmap_new.jpg

I also managed to find an old (from beta) map of the North Continent. http://home.comcast.net/~greetingsgq/Horizons/NCon.zip

Just unzip it in your map directory. Its not 100% up to date, but it does help!

Norn Deliverance

WitchyPooh

I know these map markers are really helpful tools, but how do you install these to your game? I know some of you are pretty computer savvy, but,well, I'm not, so any help would be greatly appreciated. [:$] I'm still a noob.

Bratty (lvl 10 mage)
    Cobolt (lvl 7 dragon)
    on Chaos

Simplest way is to just download and run http://pekka.1stfistoflight.com/hori..._Map_Pack2.exe

Just follow the instructions in it!

PS: Make sure you are not running Horizons while you do this, and also save the file, as you will need to re-run it every time you do a full patch!
    Norn Deliverance

WitchyPooh

Thanks Norn, I got it downloaded to my character prefs now. One more question, and then I'll shut up and play for a while. When opening the map, should it not show me the resources, monsters, etc? All I get is the other players, city names, and myself displayed on the map. I also took a peek at the other threat you posted to Peeka's maps, and I like how everything shows on there. Now, how do I get this to show on my maps as well? Like I said, I have no idea about these programs and how they work, so any help is greatly appreciated.

If you install Pekkas Mappak then the markers should show correctly on your map. Just rememebr, that if you do a full scan (or if there is an update) then the maps get overwritten and you have to install them again.
    Norn Deliverance

Be sure to check the icons to the left to make sure everything is turned on. You can click and unclick things like monsters, resources, etc to have them show up on the map or not. This helps with clearing clutter if your looking for something specific. It's possible you may have had some of these things unchecked which is why you were only seeing limited icons on the map.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

WitchyPooh

Thanks for all the great advise. But my problem is that I don't even have all the icons, except for road, players, group members, city, player city [:#]. I installed the mappack in in <prefs><char> folder, but that's all I'm getting. Must be doing somethng wrong.

Pekka's maps are selfinstalling.
    At least the version I have. You run the installer, points it to your Horizon main directory and everything should work when you load up Horizon.

hanks for all the great advise. But my problem is that I don't even have all the icons, except for road, players, group members, city, player city [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-16.gif[/img]. I installed the mappack in in <prefs><char> folder, but that's all I'm getting. Must be doing somethng wrong.
    My paclage is not for the prefs folder and it will not overwrite any charinfo at pref folder at all. Its ment to be insttalled direct to your Horizons folder like direct to:

C:\program files\Artifact Entertayment\Horizons\

or to

C:\program\Artifact Entertayment\Horizons\

or to

d:\games\Artifact Entertayment\Horizons\

or wherever your game is installed, otherwise it will not work but you think right I think as your own private mapmarkes are saved at prefs\<shard>_<charname>
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

WitchyPooh

Thank you, thank you. I feel like a complete idiot right now, but at least I got it working....yeah.
    These map markers are really great. Now I actually know where the heck I'm going and where to find stuff.

Tree

For everyones information I'm working on the update of the background maps now. It might take another 2 weeks for them to be completed. This is because i need to make new scripts and i need to get the worldcache data somehow :)

I wish i had some more spare time but i havent :D

Cooool Tree. Im looking forward to add them to the package as well.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Thread Information