Thread: Personalized battle music

Default Personalized battle music

Does anyone know how I would go about customizing the battle music? Maybe throw in a .wav file in the right spot or something, Im not sure.

any info on this would be great.

Default Re: Personalized battle music

Yeah...I've done it recently....ok go into : F:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources\sound\music (0r wherever you installed HZ)

Ok see the battle_1_loop.mp3 - battle_7_loop.mp3 files?

Those are battle music...now pick out some of your fav mp3's or whatever you want to replace the battlemusic with and rename them all the battle_1_loop.mp3 etc...and pop into your music folder...

make sure and copy the originalsto another folder just in case of any prbs.

Cool. thank you for the response.

Roland1977

Aw MAN!!! Customizing battle music?! Sweetness. Anyone else got the soundtrack to Conan the Barbarian? THAT is battle music!

Actually, have you heard of a game called "Blade of Darkness"?
    If not, find it, buy it, burn it, do whatever it takes. One of the sweetest games ever.
    If you cut off Goblins heads and arms you can pick them up and use them for weapons.

Back on topic here. It has some of the best battle music. You mention Conan, yes its sounds like that. Ill try to get some of the better ones (sound clips) and put up a quick Tripod wesite or something to host them, and then link them from here. Trust me, it's well worth it.

therealfatone

Ok. Here is a site withe some very cool battle music. Enjoy.
    http://thefatone1.tripod.com/

keltic

sounds very cool but im so worried about messing something up then haveing to wait for 15 or 20 minutes for the updates to come down after re-installing the game

Efton

Best way to handle updates is to check the Hz site to see when a patch/update is scheduled (typically Tues).

Before doing any customizations, copy the files/directory to a safe spot. When a scheduled update happens, just copy the original files back before you log on.

It might be a pain to check before logging in but the pain of waiting for all the customizations to be overwriten far exceeds that.

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Even better if the patcher would leave customized music alone. Or allow the creation of player made files to be left alone. Give them unique names like cunstom_battle_loop1.mp3..etc. When the patcher encounters these it won't delete them like it does customized maps. errrrg
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

I'm patching in the ff7 battle music at this very moment XD
    :edit:
    i'm not sure how old this post is but could we use the override folder to get this past the patcher? and if so could someone post up an example of the dir/file name? c:\programfiles\ ect? i think i know how the override functions but i want to make sure before i go medling with my game files :/ thanks
    Last edited by Droth; June 6th, 2006 at 07:04 AM.

you are safe when placing sound files in the override files they do work and stay there when game gets patch.

basicaly the RO folder works the same as the main folder. you keep the same file structure as were you would find the original file.

when you finish your mod and you need help in hosting, or making a patcher for it contact me via pm and ill help you in that department

Thread Information