Thread: Moving items from vault to inventory/disk/pet won't move if more then they can hold

Default Moving items from vault to inventory/disk/pet won't move if more then they can hold

Posted this before in bugs section but never got an official response. Was suggested I repost it in another section so here it is.

Not sure this is a bug or not. When you move items from storage (silo/house/shop storage) to your inventory/disk/pet and you attempt to move more then those can hold, what they can hold gets moved.

From vault if you try to move more then inventory/disk/pet can hold and none of what your moving is already there nothing gets moved, you have to split off a smaller number that can be held and then move.

If your moving the items to a silo it does move the max amount the silo can hold, not requiring you to split off a smaller number.

If this isn't a bug, could we get it changed so vault items act same as items in silos/houses/shop storage when attempting to move more then can hold?

Default Re: Moving items from vault to inventory/disk/pet won't move if more then they can ho

I second that. It's not a bug at all, but an awful useability behavior.

Moving stacks always should work the same:
    - if not enough space is available, open a stack slider.
    - slider should default to the maximum possible amount

------------------
    Istaria Lexica | Istaria Reference

Default Re: Moving items from vault to inventory/disk/pet won't move if more then they can ho

Note that the player's vault is a separate part of his inventory. As such, player can freely move containers with items inside from inventory to vault and vice-versa. Similarly tools, armor, jewelry and weapons with installed crystals can be freely moved from inventory to vault and vice-versa. Player's pet and player's cargo disk are also separate parts of player's inventory.

This freedom is not possible when attempting to trade containers with items inside, or items with installed crystals, to other players or to player plot/lair storage, or to consignors, pawn brokers, etc.

Be careful what you wish for...

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; September 8th, 2016 at 02:28 PM.

Not trying to move containers with other items in them.

What im trying to do is when i got a stack of say iron ore in vault and move the stack to inventory or disk. It won't move if more then inventory/disk/pet can hold, makes you split off a lower amount before you can move it.

Are you saying to be able to move stack like i mention above, we would have to lose the ability to move containers/items with other items (like Pouches or tools with xtals) in them between inventory/vault and vault/inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Not trying to move containers with other items in them.

What im trying to do is when i got a stack of say iron ore in vault and move the stack to inventory or disk. It won't move if more then inventory/disk/pet can hold, makes you split off a lower amount before you can move it.

Are you saying to be able to move stack like i mention above, we would have to lose the ability to move containers/items with other items (like Pouches or tools with xtals) in them between inventory/vault and vault/inventory?
    My best guess is yes, we can't have our cake and eat it too. Unless perhaps devs can do something with a slider as suggested by Elteria.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; September 8th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

k well wouldn't want to lose that ability but seeing how you can move stuff from vault to a silo without having to split off a smaller stack, figure should be able to do same to inventory/disk/pet.

If can't be done ill just dedicate a silo at the vault to use as a go between maybe.

Thread Information