Day 1

So you've all heard those stories, right? The ones where people suddenly wake up in another place, or even another time. Yeah, never thought it would happen to me. But guess what? It did. And now...

Well, I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Janne Doe. Yes, that's my actual name. My parents weren't too good with names, but that's not important. I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but the writing helps. Not sure how long my cell battery will last though, but maybe I can find some way to recharge it later. Heck, I don't even know how I'm getting any cell service out here to post this with! Magic, I guess. Anyway, where to begin...

I guess it all started when I got the brilliant idea to go treasure hunting--on a boat--in the Bermuda Triangle. Genius, right? As luck would have it, I got sucked into a whirlpool. I thought I was a goner, but instead I wake up in front of this giant glowing crystal suspended by lightning bolts inside a marble... I want to say gazebo, but that doesn't seem quite right. For one thing, it doesn't have a roof. There's also somebody standing underneath that crystal. "Welcome Gifted!" he calls. No idea what that means, but I'll find out soon enough.

Now, I know what the saying these days is. "Pics or it didn't happen", right? Luckily, my phone's camera still seems to be working. Let's see if I can get it to upload...

There we go. And in case you were wondering, here's a selfie of me:

And no, those aren't my clothes. I woke up in those, along with a backpack, and nothing else. No ID, no wallet, no money, no car keys, no boat keys, and no first aid kit. Nothing but my cell phone. I have no idea how that stayed around while I lost everything else. Oh, and most of the apps on my phone got wiped. All that seems to be working is this internet signal and the camera. I can't even call anybody. So maybe this blog will reach somebody back home, maybe not. But I hope so. I'll keep posting updates and photos when I can just in case. But for now, I'm gonna see what that guy knows about where I am...