Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decryption Error on login....

Default Decryption Error on login....

Launcher had trouble decrypting data from login server or login server was in middle of synchronizing character data. Please retry after a few minutes to allow character synchronization to complete.

Been going for for hour or more now.

Default Re: Decryption Error on login....

I submitted a ticket about this about an hour before you posted. The devs should be aware of it. Still waiting. Might just have to wait for maintenance tomorrow.

It's working for me, logging in to Order

I'm getting the same problem now too. But the game was working just fine all day.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Yeah I was playing earlier today, the game was working fine until I had to log out to clear a stuck weather effect. When I tried to log back in around 7pm EST I got the Decryption error that Smaug posted.

We updated our web site's SSL certificates earlier today. These are used to encrypt web traffic. If you have your launcher set to always stay on, that could cause a problem. You just need to close the launcher and reopen. It doesn't quite make sense, but if you're still having trouble, please consider rebooting your computer.

The developers are continuing to investigate this issue.

I did both of these things, the problem still persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    I did both of these things, the problem still persists.
    Same^ for me.

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Strange, I've been logging in and out about every 10-20 mins over the past 9 hours. I've not had any problems.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

We've got a report that updating Java fixed the problem. You can update Java at www.java.com

Windows 10 users, quick way to update is to hit the Start button, then type 'Check for Updates' or 'Java'. You'll see a shortcut/link/App for Java Update. Then click "Update Now" on the popup box.

Click General Tab, then About button to see current version. I've got Version 8 Update 101 from Sept 10, 2016.

Last edited by Cegaiel; September 13th, 2016 at 03:25 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Updated Java, uninstalled the older outdated versions of Java. Still getting that error.

same as flamestar, still getting the error. It took a lot of effort to even do the java update through wine because the installer is not compatible, had to do the whole thing manually. Still doesn't work, continuing to get decryption error.

updated Java as Cegaiel posted (think it said version 8 update 101) and now working again for me, no error.

Launcher version 4.29 is still working on xp64 or vista with older java versions
    only newer versions get the loginerror

Any other advice? I've got launcher 4.39 and Java 8 update 101, and its on Vista. Is there a way to switch back to an older launcher until this problem is fixed?

How can we get that older launcher version? I have as far back as 4.33, but the decryption error still persists with that version. It appears that Flamestar and I are locked out of the game until a solution can be found for this problem.

If you're having trouble updating to latest, it's possible you need to completely remove Java and reinstall. Java has a tool that will search out all older versions and remove:
    https://java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp

Uninstalled and updated Java again, and I'm still getting that error.

Please submit a support ticket. If all else fails, one of the developers can connect and do a remote hands session to investigate / resolve the issue for you.

Thread Information