Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decryption Error on login....

Default Re: Decryption Error on login....

Submitted my ticket. Good luck!

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Any luck Garrick?

.....I just realized a screenshot might help. This was taken a few minutes ago:

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Getting same error. Java is up to date, so submitted support ticket with screenshot of error. If there's anything else I can test on my end, please let me know.

So thats why Pryzm keeps sitting on that book and nothing happens . If nothing helps try reinstalling the whole game maybe? I know it`s hard but it might remove all possible errors.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Ok, I'm going to install it on another computer. If the same problem pops up over on THAT one... well we'll just see how it turns out. Will let you all know how it goes.

Ok, here's what I got after installing Istaria on the family Windows 10 computer. Every time I started the launcher, I would get the "terms of services" popups. I clicked "agree" on both of those and typed in my username and password and got to the normal login screen. Then I tried to play my Chaos character flamestar. Instead of starting the game, these things happened:

I'm not sure if I messed something up something during the installation process or what... Any ideas?

Wait for the ticket and accept the help Yfelvik offered if nothing helps i guess. Now theres the cruel time of waiting for a ticket answer.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

I did get the ticket answer. Yfelvik offered me a TeamViewer session via appointment. But I'm seeing what I can do on my own first.

Ok, so when I started the game on the windows 10 computer, I used the "jlauncher" application, which gave the results pictured above^.

Did you guys know there's a "launcher2" application in the game files? Well I tried that back on my Vista computer, and it logged me in, but then this happened when I tried to start the game:

I dunno if clearing the chache and a full pach would help. Try following that instruction?

I tried clearing the world cache and full patch on the game's "jlauncher" for the windows 10 and got this error again:

When I try the "jlauncher" here on my vista, I just get the decryption error failure notice. Trying to clear world cache and full patch with "launcher2" gets me this again:

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    I tried clearing the world cache and full patch on the game's "jlauncher" for the windows 10 and got this error again:

Have you tried installing the game somewhere besides the C drive? it's notoriously finicky. This error in particular happens when the game doesn't have access to the files.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

I managed to get the game working again although i'm not sure entirely how. Note, I run the game in Wine through PlayonMac so it's quite a bit more difficult than usual to get things working when I have a problem. Here's what I ended up doing:

First of all, I couldn't even install java8 because it's not compatible with playonmac, it causes wine to crash every time. What I had to do was dig through Oracle's website to find the actual java8 files in a .tar.gz format. I tried putting that in Istaria's Java folder and activating it through the Wine control panel, but I still got the decryption error. From this point I just said screw it, i'll start from scratch. So I deleted both Istaria and PlayonMac, reinstalled and reconfigured both, which took about 4 hours. I then downloaded the highest version of Java that PlayonMac would successfully install, then copied the java8 files into that folder and renamed the folder java8.

I was able to successfully log into Istaria after all that (finally! after about 24 hours of trying everything imaginable.), however the launcher had a popup message about submitting system specs that i could not get past, every option i clicked on crashed the launcher.
    So now I had to change my Wine version to an incompatible version which would let me click through that message but caused the game to crash with a fatal error on loading. After I changed back to the working version of Wine I was able to log in to the game and play successfully.

Flamestar: I have had that issue before. You can go into the game folder and manually delete that file. Check full scan after doing that and it should be ok. Those two errors you are getting are happening for the same reason, there is something wrong with that file. It may be locked or have some other issue, but deleting it seems to fix it.
    Last edited by Garrick; September 14th, 2016 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Flamestar: I have had that issue before. You can go into the game folder and manually delete that file. Check full scan after doing that and it should be ok. Those two errors you are getting are happening for the same reason, there is something wrong with that file. It may be locked or have some other issue, but deleting it seems to fix it.
    I deleted it manually and tried patching again. But I got this error:

Same thing happened when I tried to clear the cache.

For Flamestar's issue, go in windows explorer to C: drive, the Program Files (double click on it) then you should see Istaria. Right click "Istaria" and select "Properties". Go to the Security tab. Click Edit button. In the list, find Users and select it. Then in the bottom half of the window, select the top checkbox "Full control" in the Allow column. Click Apply. If users is not in the list, you can click add and then just type in "Everyone" without the quotes in the window and click ok. Then in the window with the Allow column, select the newly added "everyone", and check the top checkbox, then click ok.

Alternatively to the above steps, you could copy the Istaria folder to the root of the c Drive (do not move it because then it will retain the existing permissions), then create a new shortcut to c:\istaria\jlauncher.exe, and start using that.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    For Flamestar's issue, go in windows explorer to C: drive, the Program Files (double click on it) then you should see Istaria. Right click "Istaria" and select "Properties". Go to the Security tab. Click Edit button. In the list, find Users and select it. Then in the bottom half of the window, select the top checkbox "Full control" in the Allow column. Click Apply.
    It worked! I put that master_file_list_checksum file back in place, and did what you said. "jlauncher" still shows the decryption failure bug but "launcher2" worked perfectly! It let me clear cache and patch and then I was able to get into the game! Thank you!

This was on my vista, btw, I haven't tried it with the windows 10. Not sure I want to since that's the family computer and I don't want to accidentally break it. O_o

One of the Devs helped me fix it on my vista! Turns old there were some old java files that needed to be manually deleted. The game works perfectly now!

Thanks for the help too Yfelvik, and everybody else.
    Last edited by flamestar; September 15th, 2016 at 02:58 AM.

We recently updated our site SSL certificate (this is used to encrypt web traffic). We've seen an issue where some players are running an older version of Java that has a problem with the updated certificates.

In the situations where someone has trouble, it's usually because an older version of Java is still present. Below are the steps to "scrub" Java from your computer:

1. Use the Java uninstaller. This will prompt if you really want to remove Java a few times, so carefully read all prompts (you do want to remove)
    https://java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp

2. Delete the following folders:
    c:\program files\java
    c:\program files (x86)\java

3. Delete any files named Java:
    Search your c:\windows folder for anything called java and delete

When complete, visit www.java.com and click the red button (Install Java) in centre of screen.

Thread Information