Thread: Memberships/Subscriptions Question/Suggestion

Question Memberships/Subscriptions Question/Suggestion

Hi there. I have been a fan of this game for more than 7 years but hardly ever been able to play it.
    (I also just made an account for the Istarian forums so don't be mislead by my join date)
    I am happy that there is a free access now to this game and I have been able to say hi to my little dragon again.
    However, I know the level is capped at 15. I have a few questions and suggestions.
    I know you may never even take into account anything I have to say but please read.

If I pay for a subscription and level up my character beyond level 15 and say for example I obtain rite of passage and ascend to adulthood. Then the subscriptions ends and I see to myself that I cannot spend anymore money on the game for a while. I go back to order a free access subscription.
    Am I still able to play on my character, even though it has passed level 15?
    If that is not possible, I'd like to suggest that I would be able to play forever on that character, except that I would not be able to level up, until I pay for the next subscription.
    That way, I won't have to be stuck to pay to play, but at the same time I won't benefit from most of it.
    So, I can still visit my character and explore and hang with friends for instance, but no further achievements can be obtained until next sub.
    Another thing is, that maybe there should be a way to buy the game and play once and for all.
    Because as you are aware, many people want to play this game but at the same time may not have time for it.
    What would be the point of buying a month subscription or above if we won't be able to play it for the whole month being. That would be a loss for us and for your customers.

Thank you so much for reading.
    Sincerely,
    A great fan of Istaria.

Default Re: Memberships/Subscriptions Question/Suggestion

You will be able to play your character in free acces abfter passing lvl 15. You cannot lvl further tho. No PVP, no quests basically only hunting and helping others in your lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by LitenaLights View Post
    Another thing is, that maybe there should be a way to buy the game and play once and for all.
    Because as you are aware, many people want to play this game but at the same time may not have time for it.
    What would be the point of buying a month subscription or above if we won't be able to play it for the whole month being. That would be a loss for us and for your customers.
    A great fan of Istaria.
    Ok now imagine everyone paid once. 1st the price for the game woulg go up immensely i guess and also they would get biiiig problems since there arent much joining atm and quickly run out of money resulting in Istaria beeing shut down maybe. A solution would be adding in game buyable elements . They would change alot. It`s a nice thought of you but i don`t know how and if Istaria can survive that way.

These 9.95$ a month aren`t much and can be achieved by emptying your purses coins every weekend or lets say you save the dollar note everytime you see one. If you don`t work yet and are depending on mom or dad you could ask for a bit work around or in the house or higher pocket money.
    Back then i convinced my mom by saying i would learn english better wich was actually true. Don`t know about people who already have it as native language tho XD.

Basically there was a reason why they chose monthly payment. But lets hear if one of the devs answers your question maybe they have an idear why .

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Quote Originally Posted by LitenaLights View Post
    If I pay for a subscription and level up my character beyond level 15 and say for example I obtain rite of passage and ascend to adulthood. Then the subscriptions ends and I see to myself that I cannot spend anymore money on the game for a while. I go back to order a free access subscription.
    Am I still able to play on my character, even though it has passed level 15?
    If that is not possible, I'd like to suggest that I would be able to play forever on that character, except that I would not be able to level up, until I pay for the next subscription.
    That way, I won't have to be stuck to pay to play, but at the same time I won't benefit from most of it.
    So, I can still visit my character and explore and hang with friends for instance, but no further achievements can be obtained until next sub.
    Yes, actually, you can still play nearly exactly how you describe it. It's not advertised on the website, but it is not an exploit, either.

No matter the current level of your character, you can play using a free subscription if you only have one active character. Any side-characters need to be archived before the option to use Free Access pops up.

The limitations of Free Access are:
    • One active character only
    • No EXP gain unless you are level 15 or below
    • Any characters above level 15 cannot take new or finish any current quests

However, you can still log into any lvl 15+ character to talk, play, fight, loot, and so on.

As for a buy-to-play system, it's been suggested many times. To my knowledge, the primary issue is that Istaria cannot sustain itself off of new buyers only and it has too small of a player base for micro-transactions to sustain the game's costs beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    You will be able to play your character in free acces abfter passing lvl 15. You cannot lvl further tho. No PVP, no quests basically only hunting and helping others in your lvl.

Ok now imagine everyone paid once. 1st the price for the game woulg go up immensely i guess and also they would get biiiig problems since there arent much joining atm and quickly run out of money resulting in Istaria beeing shut down maybe. A solution would be adding in game buyable elements . They would change alot. It`s a nice thought of you but i don`t know how and if Istaria can survive that way.

These 9.95$ a month aren`t much and can be achieved by emptying your purses coins every weekend or lets say you save the dollar note everytime you see one. If you don`t work yet and are depending on mom or dad you could ask for a bit work around or in the house or higher pocket money.
    Back then i convinced my mom by saying i would learn english better wich was actually true. Don`t know about people who already have it as native language tho XD.

Basically there was a reason why they chose monthly payment. But lets hear if one of the devs answers your question maybe they have an idear why .
    I see what you mean. That may be true. Also I think I've seen you before, either online or some youtube videos. The game's a bit lonely for me at the moment haha.
    Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsilas View Post
    Yes, actually, you can still play nearly exactly how you describe it. It's not advertised on the website, but it is not an exploit, either.

No matter the current level of your character, you can play using a free subscription if you only have one active character. Any side-characters need to be archived before the option to use Free Access pops up.

The limitations of Free Access are:
    • One active character only
    • No EXP gain unless you are level 15 or below
    • Any characters above level 15 cannot take new or finish any current quests

However, you can still log into any lvl 15+ character to talk, play, fight, loot, and so on.

As for a buy-to-play system, it's been suggested many times. To my knowledge, the primary issue is that Istaria cannot sustain itself off of new buyers only and it has too small of a player base for micro-transactions to sustain the game's costs beyond that.
    Oh now I understand! Thank you so much for answering! It's much better this way. Before, it was impossible to even login and to visit characters because of gameplay restrictions.
    Thank you as well for the good news.

Thread Information