Thread: Scouts quest 6 : Co-ordination against beetles.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Scouts quest 6 : Co-ordination against beetles.

Part of this quest tells you to use your Heartseeker ability 3 times in the fight.
    Now that's a 3 minute fight (1 min each cooldown) and the beetles are normally dead way before you even get to use the 2nd heartseeker.
    You have to do this in 5 separate fights.

Seems abit over the top for what is basically a really low level quest.
    Heartseeker will pretty much 1 shot any beetle upto level 10.

Something amiss with this quest??

Default Re: Scouts quest 6 : Co-ordination against beetles.

every class has similar things to do. mages need to use bolts in fights as well as dragons casting abilities so on. you can use that ability everytime it's available. it doesn't need to be on "beetles" for example. as long as you use it 3 times. you can cast it at something while you are crafting, per say... Most of these quests are just exp quests and could be skipped. unless it has to do with gaining an important item. generally meant for new players, to teach them how to use their skills / abilities

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

It's not like other quests where you just need to use it at 3 random times,
    This quest says you need to use it 3 times on the same mob in the same fight.
    You don't get any credit for just using it, you only get a credit on the quest counter if you use it 3 times in the same fight on the same mob.
    This is almost impossible as Heartseeker is a 1 shot killer.
    On a much larger mob then fair enough but not for a New Trismus basic school quest.

This quest does not require you to use heartseeker three times on the same mob, there is no way for the server to track this currently when it comes to quest steps.

Rather, this appears to be a typo in the description, if you use it three times over the span of several fights it should simply trigger, I have changed the description of the step to better reflect this fact.

edit: do note, due to some school changes some quests may not be worded correctly compared to how they actually function, if you do not get a trigger for a certain ability, try using another untill it does trigger.

An example is the mage quest that asks you to use engulf, when in fact it still triggers with Burn Armor for now. These discrepancies are already fixed in 288.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Ok, then this quest is broke.
    You don't get a counter increase when you use Heartseeker on a mob.
    there is another counter to kill 10 mobs that is increasing but the 5 counter for heartseeker don't move from 0.
    I tried on every beetle on New Trismus last night.

Edit, Ok I got it to work with Co-ordinated shot (obvious when you think about it)
    problem is I get the quest at Lvl 8 but you don't get co-ordinated shot until level 10.
    Last edited by Sindala; October 11th, 2016 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Ok, then this quest is broke.
    You don't get a counter increase when you use Heartseeker on a mob.
    there is another counter to kill 10 mobs that is increasing but the 5 counter for heartseeker don't move from 0.
    I tried on every beetle on New Trismus last night.

Edit, Ok I got it to work with Co-ordinated shot (obvious when you think about it)
    problem is I get the quest at Lvl 8 but you don't get co-ordinated shot until level 10.
    As I mentioned this is fixed in Delta 288.

When the schools and their abilities were originally changed, the quests weren't looked at and the issue was raised after the changes had already been pushed to live.

It's good to see you figured out which ability did end up progressing the quest!

Quote Originally Posted by Liseth View Post
    This quest does not require you to use heartseeker three times on the same mob, there is no way for the server to track this currently when it comes to quest steps.

Rather, this appears to be a typo in the description, if you use it three times over the span of several fights it should simply trigger, I have changed the description of the step to better reflect this fact.

edit: do note, due to some school changes some quests may not be worded correctly compared to how they actually function, if you do not get a trigger for a certain ability, try using another untill it does trigger.

An example is the mage quest that asks you to use engulf, when in fact it still triggers with Burn Armor for now. These discrepancies are already fixed in 288.
    Though if anyone finds one of these missed bugs.. please report it, so it can be updated

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    Though if anyone finds one of these missed bugs.. please report it, so it can be updated
    While it is appreciated, I don't believe it would be necessary, I personally went over every single tutorial quest, including those in New Trismus.
    And while I didn't personally commit the changes, it does seem every single one that is influenced by the change was updated.

Just found this thread. Mage 3 quest on New Trismus is asking to use the DoT (Engulf) 5 times, but isn't counting or advancing. After seeing here that another spell might advance it, I'll try leveling some and see if another ability works.

Thank you, but these issues are fixed in Delta 289 on Blight. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ight-Delta-289
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information