Greetings, everyone!

You may remember a few weeks ago that BrutusiusFellthorn made a thread on a Discord for Istaria over in Fun Stuff. I’m remaking it here in General to be a bit more visible and to update the link, as the main post's link is no longer the most recent. We have since merged the Discord there with one I made a few weeks prior And yes, I asked Brutusius if I could repost the thread, no worries!

For those who know what discord is, well, what're you waiting for? Come on in and join us!
Feel free to spread the join link around off of this page!

Do you not know what Discord is? Well, let me explain:

Discord is a relatively new group instant messaging and voice server program. It's basically a very gaming-oriented version of Skype with a good amount of improvements. In short:

• Free-to-use instant messaging and voice call platform like Skype that uses a noticeable amount less resources on your computer or can be used in your browser. It also has a mobile app!
  • Supports multiple text and voice channels within a single chat server to allow a lot of people to have a lot of conversations at once without cluttering up a single channel.
  • Allows clear use of roles unlike Skype with moderators/administrators displayed separately from normal users with different color names.
  • Also supports instant messaging between individual contacts and peer-to-peer calls.
    Can be linked to Skype, Steam, and a few other programs to sync up any contacts you have that also own Discord.

In the Istarian Discord, we currently have exactly 60 members at the time of writing this. It's almost a 50/50 split between Chaos and Order players as well as about four of the development team who occasionally pop in, chat, or answer questions.

We also run the bot Dyno, who will greet you when you first join in the welcome channel and encourage you to read the rules before joining the bulk of the chat. (Not to mentoin he's very appropriately named, as well...)

Ready to join? Then click the link up there and hop in and say hi! Anyone is welcome, no matter the server or whether you play currently or not.

Here is our current text channel and voice channel set up. Any channel you're not interested in you can just right click and mute individually so you get no notifications.