Thread: Please explain to this gnome

Default Please explain to this gnome

I have never played a dragon so I am not familiar with the Rift. We had an event on Order today and I couldn't follow the story because I don't know anything about the Rift except that bipeds can't go there and dragons do Rift runs. Can someone please explain what sort of realm is this Rift? And please explain a few of the creatures who live there. Thank you. Much appreciated.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Please explain to this gnome

The Rift is a giant maze that essentially exists between all the realms. It's also referred to as the 'Realm of None' or 'the Void'.

Nothing living can enter the Rift as their physical form will just melt away and be destroyed. It's sort of like going into space without a space suit, really. For Dragons to enter it, they learn to separate their spirit from their physical body so they can traverse the mazes without being melted.

Within the Rift are ghostly wraiths, weird crystallized looking golems, and vexators that are largely colorless and usually half-transparent. There's also 4 ghosts - I think 2 dragons and 2 bipeds - that are part of the ARoP. There's also 4 guardians - Blood, Heart, Mind, and Bone - that guard Elial the Mercenary's body parts. Elial himself exists in the Rift with his Riftrender, a sword that can rip reality, as well as the Sleeper, a giant living statue that once existed atop the Peak of Storms.

Does that help?

as an additional note, the Rift that dragons go to is essentially only one spot in the void, which is the space inbetween the various realms (so realms=planets, void=space, rift=asteroid, to put it in space terms).

The Rift was created when Elial the mercenary struck part of the Sleeper, which originally rested on the Peak of Storms, when this happened a paradox of sorts was created, unstoppable force (The Riftrender, Elial's Sword that could cut holes into reality) meets immovable object (The Sleeper), as a result of this paradox both were flung out of the Realm of Prime and into the Void, as well as things in their immediate proximity, which is why the Peak of Storms of today has a massive crater.
    Oooooh, what does this button do?

Thank you. :-) One other question was, what kinds of things (loot?) do dragons bring back from there?

Yes, thank you very much.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Thank you. :-) One other question was, what kinds of things (loot?) do dragons bring back from there?
    Rift tokens used for Rift techs and to buy Rift crystal formulas, Rift crystals related components, some hoard and epic tokens/crates from Rift guardians. That is all I think.

Edit.: OH and Void crystals

Still confused about something. If the WA can open portals in places like Selen or other towns, etc., what is the advantage in going to the Rift. They still have to get back to where we live.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

The point was that if the Aegis can open portals into the Rift, they might be able to take things from the Rift to help their efforts.

Imagine this scenario:
    Your armies are constantly at a standstill with your enemy. You fight day in and day out with little headway. Your borders have been the same for years. You have recently discovered how to plop down armies anywhere, but even that isn't enough; the Gifted and their portal technology is too fast and respond too quickly. You're always defeated.

At your fingertips lies an entire new world with creatures that are possibly mindless enough to be enslaved or intelligent enough to be swayed to your own doing. Entire untapped armies and potential lie just beyond the border! ...you just need to figure out how to get them on your side.

They do not want to step into the Rift themselves, but instead, want to encourage beings of the Rift to step into our world and fight the living, if it is physically possible for them to do so. (Considering Elial can reside in both the Rift and the Prime in the same state and same with the sleeper, it's likely this is possible)

In Order's storyline, the WA are looking for a way to tip the scales since they have been at a standstill since they splintered into factions. Other realms might be the answer. Does that help?

and now we gifted have to figure out how to stop them.

Come to think of Ellean got the artifact that caused the >Tazoon Crater from the rift too... Keep the WA away from it please O_o

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

Makes more sense now, thank you.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!

Thread Information