Thread: World adjustment

Hybrid View

Default Re: World adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    What bugs with DoTs?

Stygian Scorpion Venom is a poison and is most certainly preventable and curable using Cure Poison or Primal Cure spells or using a consumable antidote. Antidotes will not only remove an existing poison, but will give you a temporary immunity to future poisons. Poisons, however, are not cleansable, if that is what you mean, and that is entirely on purpose
    I meant bugs as in beetles, scorpions and spiders ahahaha. (all have DoT attacks in dd - acid, poison & bleed and...i think the t6 spiders still have poison? not sure, but certainly bleed, respectively.)

But no, stygian scoprion venom is not preventable - Greater Cure Posion/the cure poison spell line goes up to t5 and prevents t5 poison, but stygian scoprion is t6 and so is not stopped by the cure poison spells. (and i also know that not only from the description of the effect, but i have poison immunity effect from the spell up for most of the time because i still am working on purifier title, and it has made...0 impact on sytigan scorpion poison xD)

The t6 poison on the stygian scoprions might actually be an opportunity for a quest since the cure poison potions/spells only go to t5. I'd love to see a quest where you go and "study" all the different types of scorpion so you can understand their poison better and possibly have the spell(?) require something looted from the named giant scorpion in Doom to craft.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

I think what could be done is to change the security or at least increase the population of Mylocs wandering around in Doom, at least in their main area. Have some with larger patrols, some flowing in and out of the tunnels leading to the queen and eggs (and traveling through the grand chamber), some flowing through the passages where they keep watch over the maggots and dung piles. Who knows!

It's too easy to infiltrate the nest they've been growing for years. At least, I think it's been years. I forget.
    xWaterwingx SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient | Lycheeberry Pavlova - Helian Ancient | Atriva Liliin - Lunus Ancient | Intossicara Draconis - Helian Ancient | Bananaswirl Milkshake - Helian Ancient | Veshk Melone - Lunus Ancient | xWaterwingxII SpiritStream - Lunus Ancient
    And more aaaaaaaaaa

Doom as it is IMO is way too easy. I think the only thing that can really kill me there is the Queen and I can handle her alone for a minute or so, healing my butt off of course but still. Would like to see a little more different types of mobs that mess you up, semi-intelligent of course.

I guess WD is fine the way it is, I don't personally have difficulty here, but I remember when I was around that level it was pretty hard. Yes, it is a deadland and it should be hard so, it's ok the way it is. Just trying to think of the whole world and what might be a little skewed at that level is all.

Yes Amon, ED is really huge and I realize it could be very difficult to populate. I guess a suggestion I would have here would be make areas of high concentration of mobs and in between that just a few as it is today of wandering mobs. Some of the cenotaph areas are more of what I'm thinking just a bigger area.

ND seems about right for it's level.

Thank you everyone for voicing your opinions. It was great to see everyone's thoughts.

*Thought for the day* If you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen! :-)

-Kor

Quote Originally Posted by Korchak Strongbone View Post

*Thought for the day* If you can't handle the heat stay out the kitchen! :-)

-Kor
    Thought of the day: if you can't stand the heat don't tickle the dragon

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

I've just spent time in doom, letting a stygian hit me for quite a while to check the poison and cure.. he didn't use poison so I killed him and got another.. again no poison. repeat 3 more times, 3 more scorpions. nothing

Not all of his abilities give the poison. Did he use anything other than one pincer attack?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information