Thread: Cant Play at All - Colored vertical lines

Kazarak

Default Cant Play at All - Colored vertical lines

I just returned after a 10mo hiatus. I logged in just fine and was able to play with my 19 monk. I entered a portal and went to an island (don't remember the name). When I zoned into the island I crashed. Now I can't log in with that character at all. I get all the way where I am in the game for a momment, see the character, then I get a black screen with colored vertical lines and have to manually reboot my PC. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

My specs
    p2.4
    512 ram
    radeon 9700 w/latest cats
    SB Audigy

Kazarak

Default Re: Cant Play at All - Colored vertical lines

I seemed to have found a work around. I'll post this in case anyone else experiences this...What I did was log on with another character, set all my graphics ultra low (note: you must also manually uncheck the checkboxes and move the slideers). This creates a really wrong looking, almost blank landscape. Then log out. Log back in with the problem character and voila. Leave the problem area ASAP and it should work. Once you're clear you can set the graphics back up to their previous settings.

I still don't know what caused my problem. I was in a place called "Sanctuary" if that matters.

Archion13

Lol you had to figure it out by yourself. This new forum is helpless...

Byther

All new forums are helpless.

He just gave a solution to his answer, thus helping the forums become unhelpless

Kazarak

On any forum you have to give it a good day to get an answer, for tech answers even longer, maybe 2 or 3 days. Look at the times of my 2 posts.Just 2 hours seperate them.

So, I don't think it's the forums fault...the jury is still out on these new forums.

Elkandriel

I think that is the old catalyst driver bug with floating island. That what you did was one solution in the thread in old Tazoon forums. Other were changing your catalyst drivers to older verions or dunno maybe it is fixed in newst too. Anyway this issue is ATI/ floating island specific. It might happen again specially if you don`t change your graphics drivers.

Kazarak

Nope I can say with certainty it wasn't the Cat drivers. Mine were just updated literally hours before it happened to the latest drivers. That's what made the problem even more odd. I thought maybe it had to do with the new drivers but I guess not.

It does sound like the old catalyst bug. 4.5 seems to work best.

graynomad

I never did get to play Horizons. Don' t know why it kept having a run time error. No help came, so whos to blame? These forums R helpless hapless and undiciplined so they are certainly slapless. Why O why Must I buy, EverQuest II and leave you? If the finances dont get taken care of who will takethe profits share of? (Money that is... Greenbacks... Cabbage...Dough...Texas Tee.) - I never played Horizons but I still like to bother you guys every once and a while. If you don't kare? Shout out to all you Dark Robed Mage Type Creepies. You realize don't you that the higer level U R the more insane you become. With thatadmitted to I'll be sigining off as a LVL -200- Magi Nomad thequestionably lucid

gopher65

Someone said the latest drives (4.11 I think) don't solve this problem. Last driver that didn't have this bug was 4.5.

As above. Read my post on the 4.11 drivers. On the download page you have two choices. One without Catalyst and one with. The 4.11 I used was the one without.

Another point. Before trying the new drivers flush your world cache to the old garbage bin in the sky. 4.5 was the best one for me untill the 4.11 drivers as I mentioned above however, due to every system being different in one way or the other this may not hold true for all people.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Thread Information