Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad to see you leave

Hybrid View

Default Re: Sad to see you leave

Honestly, I gave a lot of thought about I agree too that gaining xp for application of the resource might not been the best of decisions. There should be at least some exp for all stages of making the product. I also hope you both stay, I may had some differences on opinion but you both are valuable players to the community. I just hope this year is a better year for us all.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; January 6th, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

Even though this is a post about HeartOfStone and Korchak possibly leaving Istaria, I feel it was placed in the proper section.
    In the short time since I transferred to Chaos I have not met HeartOfStone but I have encountered Korchak a few times. Seems like a cool guy And both will be missed by many.
    I think Korchak's post here sums it up. The Devs may not have done much soul-seeking in the matter of the construction schools decision.
    I do think that some of the changes in this game are suggested by a handful of players who just want change or want to see the reaction of players when their suggestion is implemented. This change with the construction schools has caused many discussions ingame and also here on the Forum.
    After all these years with Horizions/Istaria running, was it really necessary to make this crucial change to the construction schools for Istaria to survive?
    Is it the intent(of somebody) to have the "Leaving Istaria" section get more posts than other sections?
    HeartOfStone and Korchak I fully understand your decisions whatever they may be. I wish you both well.

Cheers

I agree the crafting was the best, and it was the best crafting schools on the internet, now its awful and boring and nerve wracking when your a new new player, its almost impossible to advance without help from others or other alts or other schools, weaver doesn't get exp for spools or at one time she also got experience for making clothing, mahagra aug tazoon used to be fun to make it in weaver and helped you level your weaver when you get exp for spools you need to weave with and you can make and decon something to help you get high enough to work on the next tier. some think because of Lairshaping doesn't get exp for resources then other building schools shouldn't. yet the dragon can do dragon crafting and level 5 building schools with all resources at one time..Do NoT tell that is fair it is awful. the consept of lairs came much later in the game and should have given dragons the ability to level while lairshaping and getting the materials. but someone didn't need it because most where too high to get exp for the resources. It is the worse decision that you devs have ever made to invite others to want to do the boring job of builders, and learn the game. you Killed a trade, really killed it and maybe the prospect of new players hanging around cause most loved builders, to build their plots. I am so sorry for your decision

Lillyjo, Chaos server

It depends which server board I think is which.

Wow you guys are acting like the construction schools change is the end of the world, geeze, LOL

Here's my (apparently unpopular in this thread) opinion.

I leveled Enchanter faster than I have ever leveled any other school in the game after this change. Here's my vault without deleting any novians:

Those 500 sources are mostly just from going lvl 90ish to 100, btw, those were the rough levels. This *is* on double EXP, but I can tell you right now it's taken far more resources to level any of my other schools than this.

If you're leveling a construction school it's a 99% chance that you own a plot already. Other than completionism/GMC, what is the point of leveling a construction school without a plot? What is so bad about being told that you need to use your C\construction school to construct things?!

I am a rather new person to bipeds, by the way. Kerrsol, my Sslik, is less than a year old or a bit over it. This was my very first construction school I leveled and I enjoyed it. Far more than a lot of my other schools.

My friend leveled Weaver entirely on construction resources and was pissed when he was told that wasn't the best way to do it. This is a new biped player as well.

I leveled Scholar mostly on spells and was confused and angry when I realised that freakin' essence siphons were a better option to grind on.

I'd rather level up myself through actually using resources related to the school and have to follow the tiers than sit at a shop and grind the highest tier resource all day, every day.

And Lillyjo,
    yet the dragon can do dragon crafting and level 5 building schools with all resources at one time
    I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean?

If you mean a dragon can level up DCRA and help a ped level 5 building schools with all resources available: I could start leveling all my building schools if I wanted with just Blacksmith, nix the dragon. Yeah it's slower, but my skills were very similar to my dragon even with that one craft school. I was only slower because of lack of flight and a slightly crappy mining skill that was made way better when I leveled a few other craft scools.

If you mean a dragon can level up DCRA and level ITS 5 building schools with all resources: No? Dragons only have one building school, and, secondly, it used the primary skill system far before this. You don't get crap from bricks and bars in lairshaper from what I remember.

I'm just scratching my head here wondering why it's so bad. As a new biped player who has leveled many craft schools on a non-primary system and just hit this wall of primary skill, I much prefer the primary skill system.

Go ahead and throw whatever argument you have at this, but I honestly don't think anyone in this thread will see eye to eye with me. That's fine. Different opinions, to each their own, etc etc.

I just want people to know that this isn't the only opinion in this game.

Well put Rackie, looking at the novians there I can safely say I wasted a LOT more than that just on enchanter back when I did it while avoiding the primary school system.

I used primarily shining and radiant essence to level enchanter and good lord I spent FAR too much time on it. I'm talking an expert shop filled to the brim with shining essence several times over and then a t6 shop filled to the brim with radiant essence several times over. And even with that I can guarantee that I made more of the t2-t4 materials than what's shown in Kerr's vault before I started grinding out enchanter with the upper tiers. Still during double xp mind you, so the comparison is adequate.

Honestly, the only complaint for the primary skill system based on that would be completionists running into the problem of not owning a plot. But even then, you could just mass-produce the building materials and sell them on the nearest pawnbroker for instant coin or on a consigner if there's a market for it.

Istara's Chosen Guildmaster
    Experienced Hunter, Healer, and Grand Master Crafter

you are trying to tell me you made those with a new player without skills in 2 weeks your full of it. dragon crafters get experience working with essence ore, stone gems ..level1 school you get dragon crafting and all the skills go up. don't be stupid. ..with all the materials, even now they can harvest just like a biped. I have been working a baby toon and in order to level it and not lose lots of exp I have to make stuff with a miner for stone and metal, and process the essence and wood and cloth spools with gatherer other wise I don't get any exp.
    you I am sure didn't start those with a new toon without skills, and without getting exp in havesting first in order to get more then 1 1 1 1 and never get any better.
    so how could you possiblely make any of those without making the orbs first. who made them an alt a friend a second alt handing your toon those resources.. only way you could have done it in a month or more.

Lillyjo, chaos server

Thread Information