Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing game content

Dranar

Default Re: Missing game content

Hmmm, good point, that would be a hopeful, new feature on dragon scales. This is the Missing content thread, after all. ::Grins sheepishly:: Got carried away in suggestions I think.

gopher65

Crossbows don't fire arrows (why?) and the specials therefore don't have any animation (although the animation effect on the target is the same as with longbows? weird). I find this very annoying as I use a crossbow and miss my animations:(.

Robert Quicksilver

Fungus seems to have disappeared.
    One thing that I think needs changing slightly is the quality tab when making products. There is no point in displaying it when skill level is optimal.
    Other racial buildings? Slightly off-topic but all races have a city...except Satyrs and Dryads..be nice if they finally got one.

Armor tricking, such as etchings, runes, adornments, basic appearance...*daydreams*

That one I like..
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

What is this about sslik claw coloration? I hadn't notice anything in particular missing, although I did notice last night that my toe claws change color to match the dye of whatever color my gauntlets are.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    Oh yes, HOARD DROPS!! Where did these go? I have seen ONE drop since the merger. This needs to be looked at ASAP. Please. Trophies do not make up for hoard lost. Not even close.
    Try the Dead Pool mobs. Myself and two other dragons were wing-deep in hoard drops there one night. Gave 'em to a hatchling.
    [G]

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Higher tiered QM tasks. The Quartermaster should give out tier II, III, IV "craft 50/100/100" (or some number) resources to earn Imperial Bounty Markers. The empire has a need for those resources too I hope, just not sandstone bricks, bronze bars, cedar boards, etc.

Resource Parcel Formulas - excellent for the Miners and for dragons to hoard. Correct the hoard value of the steel / granite ones (better than 10 per 3 steel/granite bricks). Got a post on that - http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6837

Good effort AAO, now for AE to focus on missing content (and issues) as they devote effort to add content.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Can we get sound effects when a monster spawns? It is really annoying to have something spawn behind ya and not know it untill you are hit. I wouldn't think that would be difficult to do.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Portals, i think everyone on a whole would benifit if more portals were in more of the new player towns, guilds who have been forced to make a community of thier own due to there not being enough guild plots/guilds taking plots and then not commiting themselves to it, should not have to suffer, more portals would definately be a great implementation.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

again, lets get some suggestions where!
    Where do we need these portals, how far a run is too far without seeing another portal, how close before gets too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilresk
    What is this about sslik claw coloration? I hadn't notice anything in particular missing, although I did notice last night that my toe claws change color to match the dye of whatever color my gauntlets are.
    That's the problem exactly. Your toe claws don't have a steady coloration. You are, in essence, wearing nail polish.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

It would be nice to see one in each player town if there is no otehr TOWN real close, apart from have the portal so that the players have to build it first.

Anyway i think the idea of this thread is to not Dwell on one idea, but to suggest many, as to what you think are missing.

poony, I think the problem is, if you just give the devs a brief problem like we need more portals, they have to look over the whole world just to make sure they are well balanced.

If you tell a dev, there is no portal in accul, the closest run is 5 mins away to port in, and 10 mins back, then they can add one without having to waste a ton of time. The idea is to pinpoint what is missing and where. To complete a spell line for a mages summoning, ice, mind is easy to say, but it won't happen unless we tell them whats missing.

The more ideas the better, the better we can refine those ideas, the higher chance it will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilresk
    That's the problem exactly.Your toe claws don't have a steady coloration. You are, in essence, wearing nail polish.
    But in some ways that could be fun! Granted I liked my toe claws better when they were white (which is why I had never noticed it before with my white gauntlets), now they're light blue which isn't quite what I expected. It does help our outfits match better though.
    Gilresk Tesskril, Cleric and Armorer of Crai Aisling of Order
    Owner of the Mahagra Bed & Breakfast for Wayward Elves - Newly renovated in the Glaciers

No crystals dropping at all. Not even the crappy useless ones. Dragons are about to get claw slots and there is no WD crystals other than those already owned by players.

Level 10 maggots are lacking. These are needed for a monk quest

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    poony, I think the problem is, if you just give the devs a brief problem like we need more portals, they have to look over the whole world just to make sure they are well balanced.

If you tell a dev, there is no portal in accul, the closest run is 5 mins away to port in, and 10 mins back, then they can add one without having to waste a ton of time. The idea is to pinpoint what is missing and where. To complete a spell line for a mages summoning, ice, mind is easy to say, but it won't happen unless we tell them whats missing.

The more ideas the better, the better we can refine those ideas, the higher chance it will get done.
    Well the only specific answer/example i could give you is Bridgehold as that is where our guild has settled down, the closet gate is a fair run. I'm sure tehre are plenty others out there but i dont have the time to check, im busy with my own stuff atm, the main reason i didnt state anything specific is because i didnt want it to seem a selfish request as that is not how it is intended, im sure many others would benifit from there being more gates.

If we are focusing on missing content, as in missing from release or intended for release, then lets look in the Official Strategy Guide. After all, the content in there is meant as a selling point of the game AND had to have some reliable source in AE (per acknowledgements and being Official).

Dragons, naturally, interest me. Missing are:
    * Defensive melee - Deflect blows (I 14, II 34, III 54, IV 74, V 94)
    * De-buffs - Induce hesitance and Dimishing glare

* Abilities (every 10 levels) of Stunning Claw and Syphon
    * Ability (every 20 levels) of Rend Armor
    * Ability (50, 100) ofWhirlwind I and II

(on the added side were the melee spells Gust and Barrage)

Coordinated Strike seems to be missing. EVERY class, except Shaman, has it starting at level 9. Would be nice for Dragon Adventure to have it (or a reason why it is one of two classes left out . . . seems Shaman should get a Coordinated Strike too).

Ohh, I am updating this link with information that seems official to the dragon class - Dragon - AE character description http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4907
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Dranar

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    No crystals dropping at all. Not even the crappy useless ones. Dragons are about to get claw slots and there is no WD crystals other than those already owned by players.

Level 10 maggots are lacking. These are needed for a monk quest

I recently got a crystal hunting Crushing Ogres in Old Rachival. Was a level 40 armor crystal that just added some health, heh. One of those, edible kind of crystals, not the good ones.

Level 10 maggots can be found occasionally on the island West of Parsinia, the blighted island that can be reached through over the land bridge. I think New Vassarak might also have level 10 maggots deep into the land (Though not positive on that, one of the starting island does have some hefty maggots though if memory serves, though having a location with more of them for such quests would be nice or better directions in the quest).

~Dranar / Allon

The mobs in OR are old wrld mobs...the only ones that have any of the premerge loot

They have haord loot as well as crystals
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

gopher65

1. The ability: "Nature's Fury" states that both Ranged and Melee attacks will have a damage increase of 112%. The effect says that only Melee get the damage increase. Just a typo but thought I would mention it, as it is a minor oversight:).

2. Spell: Boom! doesn't work as intended. Graphics are messed up.

3. Adventure Tech: Augmentation raises your CURRENT aug skill. This is competely useless as all augmentation spells (with the possible exception of dispirit? Someone told me that used aug, I thought it was life) use base skill, not current.

4. This might be covered in new racial ability quests? But humans get +5 current magical evasion. That is completely useless. Maybe 101% of current or something like that would make more sense.

5. Coordinated Shot 8 or 9 is busted (second from last I think...). It doesn't have linked timers.

6. Why are Blue, Green, Red token masters still in dali? Wasn't that for the prerelease of the game? They confused me when I first got the game. I think they should be removed already unless htere is some immediate need for them (like possibly a re-release).

7. Ranger Trainer sign in dali needs to be changed to Elemental Archer sign.

8. once again, crossbows don't fire arrows, or have firing animations. They do have target animations however.

9. Tazoon as a whole is in the dark ages. NPC's not getting updated. Example: Feladan in Exile. NPC asks me to help free the lost elf city of Feladan from the blight. Ouch. Definately need to be updated.

10. I haven't been here for a while, but I think Lem the Crazy?(untouched? Forgotten? something like that) is still out there in the desert by dryart. Was this supposed to be a quest to go along with Lem the Cold? I dunno. But he seems forgotten.

11. Once again, this could simply be my own ignorance, so please forgive me if it is. These "Scholars" such as "Scholar of the Age of Laminations". What are they for? A quest? Is it still around? Broken? Sufice to say that I've done every quest I could find and I've never heard of any quests from these guys, nor have I got a response from them when I greet them.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll add more when I get the chance.

Thread Information