Thread: Disturbing News

Hybrid View

Default Re: Disturbing News

Prelude to Battle Part 10

Dalimond

Quietly while all were occupied listening to Thistlefoot and ignoring the Goddess Istara with Vladockt, Lilith changed to her Fiendish form stepping closer to Az and Escasia. She quietly addressed the newly Royal Couple. Taking from an invisible back pack, she took out two, two handed great swords hooded with colored steel silk embossed with moving flowing scripts of spells over the sword hilts. She strapped the swords to their backs. The black bladed sword went to Az. The white bladed sword went to Escasia

“Listen carefully to my children of my mother's house. These were the swords forged in ages past by the Elder Gods of Light and Darkness in the ancient wars between them. They are called the Twin Sisters of Ruin, Sister of Destruction and Obliteration with Sister of War and Judgement. In the hands of the ancient powerful Elder Gods these were the swords that destroyed the world. An ancient human warlock king used these swords with the help of the Younger Gods to bind the Elder Gods in endless slumber. The Younger Gods then are the same as the pantheon you know today. This is the great secret of the pantheon of Gods that my mother Zadora discovered. Both Gods and dragons have hunted for them. They are Alive and Sentient. No one unless an ancient God or long gone power can wear both. These are also the same Swords with which that ancient King of Humanity swore a great blood oath of power to the Elder Gods of Light before sealing them away..

“You must always remember who you are, lest you fall to their will. My mother found them deep below Basavarus below the basements of Tazoon where they had been secreted away by the blood lines of that nameless king. This was the warning my mother Zadora left for me after she had found each. She was only able to wear both for a moment anymore and she would have been lost to their power and influence. Only my mother's dragon blood allows you to wear them at all. I am tired now, but there is still too much for me to do as no one else will share this burden” said Lilith.

Emerging from the two story shadowed ruins of the Dalimond Inn. The Elder Gifted Knossos strode out with the Immortal youth of the Gifted in his step saying, “Surely daughter of my friend Zadora, do you truly think your mother would leave you undone? The laughing stock of Divinities and Immortal dragons, thus besmirching the houses of her bloodlines? Of course not!! Do you think I would treat Zadora's daughter so poorly? A great burden is lightened when shared by those one can trust! Now get those three Blood Mages you wish and be ready to leave. I hunger, thirst and am getting cranky.”

Shocked and taken aback that any would talk to her like that Lilith walked up to him placing a kiss on his cheek. Poking the wriggling bag she spoke to it. “Well well!! So the friend of my mother was kind enough to collect you. Remember this Dark Goddess of Vengeance and Power. Three are the favors you owe me. So stay away from me, mine or my mothers, directly or indirectly, lest those favors become eternal.” Then walking over to Istara and standing in the midst of the shattered field of flesh facing the Goddess, she complied.

With a haughty expression Lilith stood before Istara, looking at her with unrelenting eye contact. She resurrected the Three Master class Blood Mages killed in the conflict less than an hour ago by the Grand Masters and Wardogs. Each took a deep breath and looked upon their new mistress. With a bland face and a secret smile Lilith addressed them, “I have granted your pleas. You are all mine. You will not languish in the Dark Goddess's dungeon enduring torture till the end of days.”

She then marked all three on their right cheeks with the symbol of her Mothers Bloodline, while Knossos addressed the crowd.

“Where are the Satyr, children of Bachanatus?” Knossos called out in the language of that race.

Less than a dozen appeared headed by an ancient Satyr healer in front of Knossos. With his arms Knossos gestured widely in question.

“We are few now with most of our number dying in Feladan. Soon we will be no longer able to increase our numbers. Forgotten like our God, we will become only memories turning into dust blown away by the wind. Forsaken by our God, our lands are overrun by the Withered Aegis.” retorted the lead elderly healer.

Lifting his chin and cocking his head Knossos replied, “Truly the Withered Aegis has taken from you all the hope in your blood and flesh given by your God. You have forgotten that the Divine can give you no more than what they are. Bachanatus is not a God of violence and war. So Bachan fell to the great evil–violence. In falling, its great temple was overrun and the Artifact to link your God to the Prime was secreted away in a place far to the east along the shores of Eastern Aradoth, deep within the lands blighted by the Withered Aegis. So of course your isles fell later and your numbers decreased. But, Istaria never forgot and the Gifted were instructed to re-obtain a measure of what was lost so that the Satyr would not become forgotten dust in the wind.”

With this said Knossos took out of his pack, a package wrapped in enchanted and ensorcelled steelsilk. “Behold the Divine Pipes of Bachanatus! There is much the mortal realm does not know about the divine. Only perhaps a few of that Realm were ever able to affect the Prime without cost. Each divine entity required an anchor in one or the other realms. Without his pipes Bachanatus could not assist you. Even at that time, he would have not been able to fight like the God of War. You have diminished as has he. Play the pipes that he may come for he is needed. The Divine pantheon needs hope even as the Sapling in the bay. Play the pipes Honored One of the tower of healing. Play the Pipes of Bachanatus, Unam Humilem, and summon your God.”

The elderly Satyr lifted the Pipes and began to play like unto the days of his long past youth. Joy flowed through the air like a river uplifting all that the flow touched. The few Satyr began to dance around the city center following the piper. The piping and dance became contagious. More non-Satyr came under the sway of the God's tune. Laughing and swirling around in all directions, most began to sing and dance of hope, love, and joy. The great limbs of the Sapling shook above them releasing, golden glowing green droplets of healing and renewal. The droplets became like snowflakes drifting down in a swirling funnel to the center of the great throng. Slowly a shape began to form as the laughter and singing resounded about the bay. The forgotten God stood in their midst, looking about in joy. The hovering, flying dragons and dancing bipeds looked confused and bewildered, as the music and dance ceased.

Knossos stepped up. “Your people are few now Bachanatus . The Divine Realms are in disarray, as the Elder Dark Gods seek the Prime.” Holding up an Adamantium threaded essence hide sack with flowing lines of numerous Fiendish ensorcelled spells, the sack thrashed this way and that.

Knossos continued, “Thus says Istaria, 'What has been allowed to die shall be renewed, that balance be restored on my Flesh and in the Realm above it.'” Handing the wriggling sack to the Satyr God, Knossos pointed to the unconscious Clovis saying in disgust, “The Dark Goddess will find the blood of a traitor to Her and her people sweet. Even in death the Damned can serve a purpose for the greater good. The Sapling can no longer abide the presence of the ashes of Niatha Moraven, nor the living traitor Clovis.

Knossos quoted, “Istaria says,'Only the your pipes can summon Nyrevin, Goddess of Death and Rebirth to Kirascant. She will revive the five legions and instruct the Dark Temple for the needs of Niatha Moraven. With your pipes you will transport to Tazoon the five human legions and those whom accompanied them with their equipment. You will then go to see the needs of your dying people and the elves in Feladan. Help shall be coming. The Satyr have a home here now where you may come without touching the soil of the Prime. Five Legions of Honorable Human warriors will honor you for your Divine Deed, which will raise you up with their praise. Now go!'”

Looking up at the Flying Dryads and adult and ancient dragons in the air Knossos shook his fist shouting at them all, “Why are you here in Dalimond gawking in the air, while Feladan's outer walls have fallen? Galderos and Alyssa are too busy to look after their own. Go dragons and Dryads. Istaria observes her children for betrayal!”

Bachanatus disappeared with Pipes in hand and the chained Clovis over his shoulder. The dragons and Thistlefoot with her three legions disappeared in the air above. Whirling around Knossos stomped over to Az with a thunderous expression on his face holding out his hand. “Give me Ashlanders Crown, Az heir toBarasavus!”

Az backed up his eyes never leaving Knossos and handed him the crown delicately, while Escasia squinted her eyes dangerously at the dwarf with his demand to her mate. Turning abruptly dismissing them, Knossos, angrily approached Istara still hovering above Vladockt, held in place by her will.

“Isn't it time you DO something Goddess or are you some type of divine simpleton? Is there not a King to crown? Dalimond is left without a leader, as Az is crowned in another house, or are you waiting for a mortal seeress to show you the way?!”

Knossos held up Ashlander's crown for Istara to take. Just before she got the crown he dropped it turning and heading to Lilith hovering in the air above her three new servants all Master Class Blood Mages with her mothers marks on their right cheeks.

The Goddess cursed in anger, as she fumbled then stepped on the ground to catch the crown, she herself had blessed long ago. Her face contorted in rage at her own blatant mistake. She whirled this way and that noticing how all the people were staring at her. She was bound now in the Prime for good or ill, till balance was restored.

Knossos looked up at Lilith demanding she take them to the Midnight Star plot in North Crystal for food and ale. They were open for business as a Imperial Depot for the war. They had the best Ale south of Aughundell, he sagely concluded, and the food cooked by a young Dwarven Confectioner named Bytsi, expert in her field. Noticing they had not left he looked up again. Lilith had an odd expression on her face with her eyebrows twitching and the corners of her mouth quivering, looking above his head over at the Human Goddess Istara.

“What by the Pantheon of Istaria are you waiting on Lilith?!” Knossos demanded.

Distracted she looked down at the friend of her mother's. Taking a deep breath before she lost her temper, she asked, “Knossos, friend of my mother Zadora why are you awake? Weren't you supposed to be taking a nap?”

Sputtering hemming and hawing Knossos scratched his head and pulled at his long beard. Coughing into his hand, sniffing then adjusting his tall back hat he replied, “I was startled awake by a certain terrible thunder.”

Looking at Knossos she blinked in consternation. As realization set in, she looked over at the Goddess then back to him. With both eyes brows raised she held her belly throwing back her head, laughing for the first time in centuries. Knossos muttered darkly, as they recalled together to North Crystal.

By the time the laughter echoed back to the Dalimond shoreline a childish innocent voice filled the town center followed by a feminine shriek, shattering the silence of Dalimond and all of its inhabitants.

“Mommy why is that pretty lady naked?”

Cusp of Prophecy continues
    Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; April 15th, 2018 at 07:27 PM.

Prelude to Battle Part 11

Dalimond

Vladockt, freed of the Divine Will of Istara, upon hearing the questioning child and the feminine shriek of the Goddess, whirled around taking his great cloak to wrap around the Goddess. He already knew that, though solid in the divine realms, their ethereal clothing did not typically make the transition betwixt realms. As it turned out, there was no need, the golden green glowing floating droplets fell onto her in a stream. Clothing appeared on her as a radiant light green robe. His no longer Fiendish eyes rested on what he saw in appreciation.

The Goddess was indeed glorious. Only about five feet tall she radiated power and wrath as naturally as a fish swimming through water. Crystalline corneas in almond shaped eyes dominated aquiline facial features. Her hair was bronze chestnut with dazzling silver streaks throughout. The hair luxuriant, rich and thick cascaded down her back in large dropping curls. A single circlet crowned her head. Despite her lack of height she seemed to be able to look down her nose at the taller figures surrounding her. With eyes glinting dangerously she looked at Vladockt in a haughty superior manner devoid of any maternal expression. All the mortals of Dalimond dropped to their knees except for Vladockt, who bowed deeply then stood, alone.

He smiled showing his fine white perfect teeth in admiration of her manner and her looks. His former position, as First Assassin of the Dark Temple, had taught him well the appreciation of great power.

Istara softly spoke her power pinning his feet to the ground, “ You will be still now human, no longer Fiend.”

Istara gestured to the statue of Ashlander holding up a sword and facing the bay. “Awaken oh Ashlander founding King of the ancient lands of Vandus.”

The statue's exterior layers exploded off, leaving flowing stone skin and attire with stone sword in hand. The statue turned viewing the throng, looked up in the air and then gazed upon the great eternal sapling in the Dalimond Bay. Turning back to the multitude he shifted his gaze to Az and addressed him. “You have fulfilled your role well Az, King now in your own right. I release you.”

King Az, dragging Eascasia forward, snapped back, “ Release me? I think not Ashlander Vandus. You and I have unfinished business that will be decided on the soil of the lands of the Dead in the Arena of the Pantheon before the God of War and other Gods. You will not face the horrified seven year old boy brought to his knees by terror in your crypt, with back bowed by the weight of your Geas. You will face a man. The battle will be short. Your death shall be slow. You will not like it. The sand of that arena will soak up your blood, as I spill your guts then spike your head before the great entry way. Then oh Ashlander King of Vandus shall I release you and dismiss you from my sight. Then and only then shall we be finally finished!!”

The eyeless stone statue of King Ashlander and King Az Lord of War faced each other in a silence full of mutual promise. Az abruptly turned and headed to Vladockt and the Goddess Istara, still dragging Escasia with Ariella following. Unable to restrain him, Queen Escasia still held on to his arm slowly slowing his pace. The statue of Ashlander followed at a short distance then stood silently watching events play out.

Granite Fist looked at the now enraged Az in amazement. The was not the human she knew. This was a human without mercy, without fear, full of purpose and full of vengeance. She remembered the Dwarven Iron Guard Prophecy given by Brobbit in the distant past of her people before the building of Aughundell. “In the days to come there shall be amongst the humans a child become a man. He shall be trained by my children and all the races. He shall be held in great regard by my children to come. On his back shall he carry the Sister of Destruction and Obliteration. His mate shall carry the Sister of War and Judgement. The swords shall be called in those days to come the Twin Sisters of Ruin. Forged in the First age of the world when the Elder Gods fought on the flesh of Istaria in a War that destroyed the world. Ware thee well oh my children and disturb not the Sisters of Ruin lest Their Wills overcome their welders and destroy the world, as they once did long ago.”

Seeing Az angrily stomping his way toward them, Istara moved in front of Vladockt saying, “What have you to do with me and mine that you approach me in animosity, Az King of Barasavus?”

“That is right fickle Goddess. After I slay Ashlander in the arena, I shall take you to task for your lack of guidance in the years before this night and during these hours of death and destruction. We shall both stand before the Tribunal of Divine Justice when I make my complaint. I need only call for the dead sacrificed outside of Kirasanct from this night of woe for proof of my complaint. The very necessity of calling near forgotten Gods to do what you should have done for your own children. Now, by the hand of an Elder Gifted One you stand before your children not because of your choice. So I ask you, how shall your children look upon their Goddess, when the enemy comes before the light of the dawn? You are indeed right. No longer shall I bow my head to you. I answer to the God of War. I am servant to the God of War and bow only to him.”

Vladtockt's eye's widened at Az's audacity. So many years had he planned, manipulating people and events, so that his master Az would become King. He smiled in appreciation of the magnificence of the man that stood before him. Az was fearless and confident in his power. With brows furrowed in thought, he saw the slowly smoking sword hilts. He saw the little sporadic spurts of black and white flames spiraling around each of the Twin Sisters of Ruin. His knees began to shake as he remembered the ancient decaying tomes in the Dark Temple below Kirasanct. Vladockt stepped around Istara, who was gripped with fear with the realization of the what the royal pair carried on their backs. Seeing with eyes no mortal had, Istara knew the swords were awakening with Az's wrath. Vladockt drew the focus to himself lest the human Goddess be seen as weak by the multitude of mortals around them.

Vladockt knelt on one knee with head bowed facing King Az. “Speak my master that I may obey.”

Az looked upon him with a wide grin. “Well you stuck me with it Vladockt. Oh my most ferocious and loyal servant to my house, I release you from your blood oath to my service. Stand proudly Vladockt formerly of my house. Pursue your duties to these lands as you see fit.”

Holding his arms up, he turned around addressing the multitude, which had listened and been dismayed. “Behold Vladockt a defender of Dalimond. Hail Vladockt! Honored in the eyes of Istaria, Honored in the eyes of Istara, who even now protects him, honored in the eyes of the Legion of War Dogs!! Hail Valdockt!!”

The Legion and the multitude echoed his praise. Looking down at Escasia, Az kissed her. Calm now with her constant presence Az whispered into Vladockt's ear, shocking him with his information, then turned away.

Az spoke mockingly, “Have you forgotten something Goddess of Humans, Gnomes and Saris?”

Seeing Az and his Queen about to head to Granite Fist, a small petite gnome wiggled her way through the ranks of the Wardogs. Rapping a sergeant on the back of his thighs to get his attention she said quietly, “I need six strong brutes to dig where I show you for all your worth. The time for Az's plan to come to fruition hinges on a certain speed. Come now.”

The Sergeant without question, knowing the female gnome, complied. The Gnome led the group through the crowd to the base where the statue of Ashlander had stood. “It is bigger than it looks and is very ancient. Az would not dig it up because of that traitor Clovis. Two meters deep all around it should be enough. I cannot do what I must until you complete this. So hurry up.!!” Standing behind the Wardogs hid her diminutive frame from the sight of all except Mordel the Gifted dragon with his long neck. The Wardogs began in earnest quiet fury.

Laughing out loud Az turned from them both with Escasia leading the way back to Supreme Commander Granite Fist.

Bastet, the Saris Seeress, called out, “.and Istara shall call upon the founder of Vandus who shall respond to her Will.”

Ssylvennia, the Sslik Seeress responded speaking up that all would hear, “...and all would see that what had been lost to the human lands of old would be divinely returned.”

Bastet called out a second time, “.and in the shadows of Dalimond shall certain truths be revealed that shall affect all in the days to come after the night of horrors.”

The War Dogs looked at the Saris Seeress as did the Sslik Seeress with the Grand Masters of Chi and Unarmed Combat and Mordel glancing over. Feeling the weight of their questioning gazes, she merely shrugged sticking out her elderly thin chin in defiance and said, “Page three hundred and forty six, third paragraph last line in the Seventh Tome Of the Annals of the Dead last edition.” There were no further questions.'

The crowd edged closer. Supreme Commander Granite Fist conferred with her twelve advisors as the Crowned Az and Escasia approached. Mordel and Malicore watched silently from the edge of the crowd. Malicore noted to Mordel of the two little figures on top of the remaining half of the clothing shop, peeking over the top with see and tell stones.

Mordel stated emphatically, “Leave them be Malicore. The High Elders have told me that they are the silent Naka Witnesses in the shadows to all that has occurred and will occur once a certain Cusp of Prophecy is reached. One shall answer to the Grey Nakas of Power and one to the silent council in the naka city of Gnomes. Watch Malicore and see Draconic Prophecy be manifested. In my opinion The High Elders fear what is to be revealed.”

“I find that hard to believe Mordel. Only dragons rule the skies above.”

“That fact is now already in question with the appearance of the new Dryads of which we did not know, who can indeed truly fly. Their threat to us has yet to be evaluated by the High Councils. The greater fear is to come. Methinks that a change between Chiconus and Dralk will be forthcoming. Now be silent and remember every moment for the days to come,” rumbled Mordel.

Nimbles peeked over the top of a portion of the roof that remained intact after Blog had nearly destroyed the place earlier. Now with seeing stone, telling stone and hearing stones from the Grey Council Nimbles was set. She watched the events below in wonder. Who would have thought that a angry dragon mother and Laslo a greedy little Gnome could have caused such a night of events. She heard a noise behind her turning she saw her friend Fidget, a Gnomish spy from the Intelligence Division for the New Rachival Government.

“Hurry up Fidget you are missing all the fun. Who knows, maybe you will get a promotion and a raise after this. I know I will,” said Nimbles, looking smugly at her friend.

Give me a paw Nimbles, so I can get up there then we can share. You can report to yours and I can report to mine. Besides I want a desk job. I am getting too old for all this sneaking around.”

“My place has been better than yours Fidget to see everything going on!” Nimbles exclaimed in a whisper.

“You can be such a moron at times Nimbles,” grunted Fidget, as she settled into place beside her friend.“The nasties were already moving before now. Now that the Sapling is in view in the world, the majority of their forces are changing directions. Their numbers are much greater than previously thought. Do you need more communication crystals?”

“Yes I do. The Grey Council only had so many.” The two exchanged goods then whispered quickly to each other at a rapid pace, head to ear. Both were shocked at the shared information.

Nimbles asked, “So what are the Gnomes going do since they cannot retreat to Dalimond?

Fidget responded, “Above my paygrade but my orders are quite clear. Stay here and continue to report. You had best report to your superiors. Your troops of nefarious individuals need to abandon their positions and do a full retreat. None of you can fight head on what is coming, unless you want to your own ranks eradicated . We know Az had been in contact with and had certain agreements with the Grey Council, who had been protecting a lot of the abandoned Gifted settlements on the sly. We do not believe Granite Fist will be very forthcoming about any alliances with your fellows.”

“Thanks for that Fidget. I am glad we can share information. Our true enemies would tolerate neither of us.”

“Agreed and your are welcome. You Do however owe me for the crystals. You know how costs are quibbled over by accountants and their political bureaucratic bosses.”

“You got it and I owe you,” said Nimbles.

Then both reported to their superiors. Both were ordered to stay, observe and report.

Fidget nudged Nimbles, pointing to the events below. Pay close attention to a certain gnome I have been looking for. Fidget pointed to the little Gnome between the legs of the much taller massive Wardogs. She has been quite elusive. Every record about her, except her Certifications and Qualifications for Tinker, have somehow disappeared. We had a tip that she was in Dalimond, consulting that dubious at best law firm of Fiends called the Three Sisters.

“What is her name?” questioned Nimbles.

“She is Laslolye WileyFingers, Master level Tinker “unofficially” second only to the Grand Master Tinker. She claims to be the only living relative to Laslo QuickFingers. We think she is the last of the whole criminal clan. She also alleged in the past that Gangaf Tagley instructed Versanto to hire a thief, whom in turn stole the schematics to that infamous “ X project” in Old Rachival. Since the thief was not a tinker, he or she did not get all the pertinent schematics, instructions and directions. Gangaf Tagley wanted the glory and funding to go with his rising reputation and Versanto was riding on his coattails. Gangaf did not pay attention and only supervised Versanto at very minimum level. According to Laslolye's statement at the general hearing before the scientific review board, Versanto is an idiot. He bungled the experiment and the result is history. She agreed that Gangaf came up with the bot idea, but was not smart enough to make the intellectual leap to the next stage.”

“Did not she have proof for all this?. If so, she should have shown it.”

Fidget squinted her eyes thinking then said, “That is where things got interesting. She brought with her seven boxes of supposed documentation and proof. She challenged Gangaf to lay them out on the long table for all to see. Once the truth was exposed, she said, then she would demand his execution for destruction of Old Rachival, betrayal of the Gnome race along with intellectual theft. Intellectual theft is a huge crime with the Gnomes. She argued that Versanto should only be imprisoned, since his only real crime was trying to impersonate a Tinker. She said his papers were forged and she could prove that as well, since he was such an idiot.”

“ So what happened?” Nimbles asked.

Fidget laughed quietly, “Things got REALLY interesting after that point. She stood there by her sealed boxes patting them, while sarcastically taunting Gangaf to come over and “get crackin” as the humans refer to it. Gangaf turned red in the face then held up his nose and said, “.. among other things he was not going to involve himself, or sully his reputation in such a sordid little tawdry affair, as this scientific hearing.” This of course brought gasps to the entire board and half the population of New Rachival viewing the hearing. After all the hearing was convened at his demand for monetary reimbursement for the public defamation of his character by this upstart of a Tinker. He could not taint her Credentials, as they were so rock solid and her advancement had been a very public affair. Personally I think they gave Laslolye her Mastery in Tinkering just to get rid of her from their class rooms. She had a very real reputation of not being able to “play well” with others. Anyway he stood up after saying HIS evidence was in Old Rachival and when the Gnomish home was returned to the gnome race his position and his ascertains would be vindicated. With his dignity in tatters he left without a word. The board demanded the originals of course from Laslolye. She just laughed at them. About that time the Fiendish Law Firm of the Three Sisters showed up and gave the enquiry board Certified Imperial Legal Copies of all the “evidence”. Furthermore, they told the Board of Scientific Enquiry that their client was not legally required to do anything else, unless Gangaf wanted to pursue criminal or civil litigation. That their client was also able to state her opinion however outrageous it was publicly. The Three Sisters were eagerly awaiting to go to court to set the historical record straight with the government of New Rachival. The City Government would be paying all their costs upon the trial's conclusion.”

“So what happened next? Asked Nimbles.

Fidget snickered, “Well there was nothing until a fire in which the records were destroyed. Laslolye claimed of course that Gangaf destroyed them. Gangaf replied with insults. There was a huge public outcry that slowly disappeared. But you know just how long the public keeps their attention on any subject. Here today gone tomorrow. So Laslolye continues to make her outlandish claims and Gangaf continues to refute them vigorously by making public insults about her certifications, designs reputation and what not. Their public bickering has become legendary. Each Master has their own adherents.”

“Has Gangaf tried to do anything else?” asked Nimbles.

“Oh yes. He has attempted to reconvene the Scientific Board of Enquiry not less than twenty three times. Each time they send him legal letter saying that they were not going to involve themselves in a such “sordid little tawdry affair” concerning his personal business.”

Nimbles pressed Fidget, “...and Laslolye?

Fidget said quietly, “The Board refuses to say anything. In fact, they don't talk about her at all warning their employees to do the same or lose their jobs. She has been the Lead Gnomish designer of a lot of stuff in Dalimond, but I don't know what, since every thing around her is shrouded in secrecy or is classified far above my own security clearance. Personally I think she is dangerous.”

“I have heard that name. A super genius that refers to Versanto the trainer and his master Gangaf Tagley, as idiots that should have been terminated with the damage they did. Well she is a citizen in good standing like her entire clan for generations. Laslo despite being a prior friend of sorts of mine, never was very good in keeping the tenets of the Laws” said Nimbles.

Fidget pressed Nimbles about Laslolye. Her friend looked her solemnly and responded, “What do you know of the Three Sisters Law Firm?”

“Not really anything more than common knowledge. They are very expensive and exclusive. They cater to the rich. A number of governments keep them on retainer. They are excellent litigators and to the best of my knowledge never lost a case in court.

Nimbles nodded adding, “-Every- government has them on retainer and they also act as mediators between governments, conflicting agencies, local and regional businesses and the story goes they also defend individuals in the afterlife, as well as mediate between Gods.
    They very rarely do pro bono, unless in some way the case can further their own PR or profit. Any client that does not pay meets with a terminal accident based on their contractual arrangements. Even the grey council is very very careful before bringing them into anything. They have defended individuals before the grey council as well. IF any contracting parties refuse to mediate after bringing in the Three Sisters, lots of people permanently disappear. The Three Sisters Law Firm is always very low key with any public statements. You and I both know how lawyers make all sorts of public statements on behalf of their clients to try to sway public opinion. The Three Sisters don't. So when you tell me that “The Three Sisters were eagerly awaiting to go to court to set the historical record straight with the government of New Rachival. The City Government would be paying all their costs upon the trial's conclusion.” This means one and only one thing. Their case is already proven, airtight and undeniable. In this case NO ONE is going to go to court with the Three Sisters. You can bet they have all the original documents, relevant materials and what not. Its a done deal. So in answer to your question, since I am a government employee like you are and government employees have no personal opinions my opinion lays with whom Laslolye has contracted with for her legal defense.”

“Well said Nimbles,” Fidget declared softly betwixt them. “You will live to grow up in this shadowy realm we live in after all,” grunted Fidget, slapping Nimbles on the shoulder.

The voice of Istara rang out at the center of the great throng.

Responding to the voice Nimbles turned her attention to view the scene below them. Nimbles stood up without thinking, as Fidget tried to hold her down. “By all the Gods of Istaria..........!” She blurted out.

Giving up, Fidget stood up to see as well. With eyes widening she spoke quickly and furtively into her tell stone reporting.

Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; April 22nd, 2018 at 09:41 PM.

Prelude to Battle Part 12

Dalimond

Istara called upon Ashlander, “Ashlander founder of the Kingdom of Vandus. Now is the time for the Divine promises to be fulfilled. What is binding in the lands of the dead are binding in the lands of the living as well. Speak that all humanity and other races may hear your decree. The Pantheon will ensure all will hear.”

Ashlander spoke, “Behold children of humanity descendants of Dalimond and other far flung human places. I stand before you saying what was lost to human kind is now returned. By the grace of Divine Wills and Prophecy the bloodlines lost to humanity by choice, before the fealty of blood oath to the Evil Goddess bound them, are now on this day restored. All received the offer and by their own wills chose. The one called Az, leader of you till now, walks his own Destiny. The Royal bloodline of mine house stands amongst you. His parents were sacrificed for denying the will of an evil goddess. His blood oath to that monstrosity was never given. Only truth is seen in the Lands of the Dead. The capital city of all humanity is without a king. Not anymore for I am here that all may know the Divine choice and mine.

The flowing stone eyeless statue walked up to Vladockt, “Kneel Vladockt!”

Ssylvennia's voice rang out, “The returned bloodline shall be crowned by Istara to the amazement of all.”

Vladockt knelt for the first time with a feeling of fear hearing the voices of the seeress. There was no escape. With a possessed living statue before him and the hand of the Goddess of Istaria on his shoulder he could feel and hear the weaving hands of Destiny on Her Loom.

Ashlander stated, “You are my full blood heir. The blood line lost and now returned. Qualified in all ways during your sojourn with the Fiends in Kirascant, imprisonment by the Imperium and service to Az and your people. I therefore announce to all of humanity that here kneeling before me is the true King of Dalimond. Goddess Istara crown your chosen one.”

Istara standing to the side of Vladockt held the ancient crown up, turning full circle for all to see. “Behold the crown of Ashlander held in safe keeping by Az all these years until needed. I, Istara Goddess of the Pantheon, crown you Vladockt, King of Dalimond and diverse settlements. King of all humans who call those lands home.”

“Arise Vladockt King of your people,” said Ashlander and Istara in unison.

Vladockt rose standing. King Az and Queen Escasia stepped forward shouting, “Hail Vladockt King of Dalimond and all human lands. The huge throng chanted, “Hail Vladockt!, Hail Vladockt!”

Vladockt look up astounded at everything happening to him. He saw Az grinning widely and smirking. Saw him mouthing the words.......... “Gotcha!”.

A small gnome figure worked her way to the forefront in the clear area around the new Royalty, Goddess and dubious statue. She stepped up in the middle of them all, put her hands on her hips and said, “Well now! We got two Kings here now, a Goddess, a giant tree and a dubious walking statue in my opinion at best. Maybe a LITTLE leadership will be forth coming? Vladockt King of Dalimond you owe me so much on so many levels I would spend ten human years writing it all down. I thank Telak you are not the simpleton that Az is. And Az, you are way off in what you think is out there. But then, you are only human so it is excusable I guess.”

Looking at Istara up and down she spoke aloofly, “I am not impressed. I hear that Telak's standing in the pantheon is gaining stature. I can see now why. The people of Dalimond will get a good look now at their Goddess. I suggest you don't let them down now that you finally decided to show up and get something done. Good for you Goddess I say though. I have always been in favor of short females coming up in the world to show their true power. Males have only screwed things up for Aeons. And as for you Ashlander, I am not going to even bother. Just do us all a favor. Leave and assemble your armies wherever they are and get moving. Maybe you will do a better job fighting than you ever did, as the so called great founding King. Only things I ever saw was the Mess you left for all your human subjects. Shame on you. Hummph!” She then zapped him with a little device in her right hand reducing the statue to small uniform bricks.

Istara looking furious with a thunderous scowl on her face, began to step to the sarcastic, impertinent, self-centered and haughty little gnome.

Laslolye whirled around holding up in the air between them a tiny black box with a big red button with tiny gnomish script 'Push for a big mess'. Laslolye began her retort in a soft voice ending in a bellowing shout, “Don't even think about it oh so called greatest power and most influential Goddess of the Grand Pantheon of Divinities. Telak had to pick up Your slack and --get ME. YOU even dare look like you are going to twitch and I will SHUT THIS PROJECT DOWN!! That my dearest Goddess will mess up the Lord of Destruction's plans, or have you ever so conveniently forgotten about those really NASTY swords on the backs of that Human and his Saris mate over there??!! Turning her back on the Goddess the little gnome stomped over to Az, Escasia and Granite Fist next to Blog with the new Guardian of the great Dryad Power Crystal, while the massive throng stared at the little still living wondrous affront to everyone.

Vladockt looked at Laslolye in admiration thinking to himself, “She would have made such a fine Fiend!” He glanced at Istara who had turned away from the Gnome and was looking at him with a scowl. He blinked giving her a bland innocent look and bowed deeply to hide his choked laugh.

“Well Az, I believe that Vladockt needs a particular item. Or did you think to pinch it for yourself?”

Az looked dumbfounded blinking in confusion. Granite Fist coughed. Escasia looked questioning at Az. Princess Leaf laughed on Blog's huge shoulder. Sergeant Major Arellia standing somewhat behind Escasia's left shoulder snickered.

Laslolye continued patiently, as if speaking to a child,“Think hard now Az. If a King does not have a big sword like you do, but has only a little muli-purpose tool at best or a small little knife at the least. What in the name of Telak is that King in need of?”

“Experience?” Said Az.
    “Umm,” said Escasia looking embarressed.
    “Duh!,” said Blog with a wisdom laden voice.

“A Scepter Az you idiot. A king must have a scepter, if he does not have a sword,” Princess Leaf said with a matter of fact tone of voice and Royal Authority.

Laslolye gave a big smile that seemed almost threatening in some odd way, as she replied, “Thank you Princess Leaf. Men are just lost without their swords and symbols, if that is all they have.”

In the distance Nimbles shrieked in laughter, as she rolled off the remaining section of roof she had been spying from, while her friend slid down after her fearing Nimbles had injured herself.

Az reached into his steel silk backpack and pulled out an eighteen inch Scepter oddly shaped and encrusted with strangely cut jewels in some nonsensical pattern.

Az stepped up to Vladockt solemnly. “Your Majesty, here is your Royal Scepter.” Az smirked at Vladockt who was no longer smiling. Under his breath he muttered so only Vladockt could hear him. “She is allllll yours now Vlad”, looking at Laslolye, "May the gods help you!"

“Thank you King Az,” Vladockt said softly and politely with a bland look.

“Well,” said Laslolye standing next to Valdockt looking up at him, “ Do it!!”

Vladockt looked at the Scepter with a blank look. Looking up at Az he coughed. Az shrugged his large massive shoulders and just smirked. Vladockt furtively glanced about. Everyone was looking at him expectantly, as Laslolye tapped her little foot impatiently.

“Gads!! We don't have all night you know!” exclaimed Laslolye snatching the Scepter out of Vladockt's hands. Walking by the Goddess she muttered, “Good job Goddess.” Then stomping again to the bay where the Wardogs had been digging, Laslolye crooked her finger at Blog saying one word, “Come.” Blog hearing that tone of authority immediately complied.

Everyone followed her diminutive form.

She jumped down into the newly dug hole. She landed on a 1x1x1 meter black metal cube.
    Taking out a small strange device that hummed at a high pitch that looked like a thin metal tube with a pulsing light crystal at the end of it. She inserted the device then adjusted the back end clicking it into the right place. A deeper thrum began. A two centimeter hole appeared as a metal plate slid back. She slowly inserted the Scepter turning this way and that way listening to the clicks, as the scepter went deeper. Four centimeters from the end the Scepter vanished into the cube on its own.

Looking up from inside the hole on top of the cube Laslolye told Blog, “Take one of your War Hammers and tap gently where I tell you. Easing himself into the hole, Blog tapped where he was shown. The ground shook violently and thunderous thumping bumping and clanking was heard underneath the ground of Dalimond. Laslolye shouted for immediate removal of them both. Blog grasped the gnome and the Wardogs pulled them both out straining with effort. The metallic and stone floor disappeared under the cube, which vanished into a black abyss of a shaft. The flooring clanged and snapped shut with a bang.

Bastet's voice called out, “All roads shall lead to Dalimond for that night and all nights thereafter.”

Ssylvennia chimed in, “..And all paths of Power would flow from there to all the lands except to the evil city of the north, the lands of the great Dragons, and the hidden city of Palyrma.”

A deep whirling sound rumbled then stopped and there was silence. Laslolye called out, “Fill up the hole Wardogs. NO enemy must see it.” The hole filled up quickly with the Wardogs bringing more dirt from elsewhere.

What about my Scepter?,” demanded Vladockt all in a huff.

Laslolye looked at Vladockt. Took off her glasses and slowly cleaned them. She put them back on delicately. She raised an eyebrow squinting over her glasses, as she looked up at him spoke, “Your Sceptor?. You probably thought that crown was Ashlanders too didna ya!! Well let me tell you something Human. While Istara and others were soaking up all that worship, Telak was hard at work. He made the Technological device you call a Scepter. It is a key idiot to get everything going. Your crown he made as well, a courtesy no doubt and substituted it for that cheap thing Ashlander never used, and I don't blame him for not using it . I would not be caught dead wearing that that.... oh never mind! By the way do you see things differently now?"

“OF course I don't. It is only a crown!,” he shouted tilting his head forward as he shouted.

In a flash she snatched off his crown and zapped it with the little device then slapped it back on his head. Valdockt dropped to his knees screaming. Laslolye spoke calmly without rancor while Vladockt writhed on the ground, “Since you don't have time to read two hundred and fifty tomes three inches thick, here is a little box so you could understand, since you are human now. Push the friendly looking green button and ask it any question you need. All the rest of the idiots can read the scrolls Az had prepared.” She dropped the multicolored little cube on the ground beside him.

She continued, “Man up Vladockt and gird your loins human. Now you will see inside all of your lands as a God would thanks to Telak. “With these,” throwing down on the ground four big bags of see,tell,hearing stones and pulsing little crystal rings, “ you can communicate with your army, your government and your machines. These are not like those cheapies Az gave out. There is a whole different kind of ummm -coughs-sputters- magic in them. Your crown and these of course are self repairing and renewing. But, then again a God made them so what can I say?”

“Therefore I say to all that are here under the limbs of this giant tree. Nothing has been done to free Old Rachival, the true home of the Gnomes nor the great observatory that we the Gnomish people built. Like the Satyr we have been left to our own devices. Telak is forgiving of the ignorance of others that they may seek his enlightenment. Knowledge is like a weapon, Neutral in all regards. How we use this magic is that which determines who and what we are. Instead of freeing Old Rachival, as Feladan was freed and the Dryads were freed this Imperium did nothing for the Gnomes. Only the Humans, simpletons tho they may be, remembered us and assisted in the expense of time, labor and cost of New Rachival. We the Gnomes have the longest memories of all written and passed down. Today you will see where our magic went to support our allies instead of mounting an invasive force to retake Old Rachival or free the Observatory . We the Gnomish people have always put others before ourselves. Here in this place called Dalimond you will see secret labor of many come to fruit. Hidden from Gods, hidden from dragons, hidden from Dryads of old, hidden from most of all the races and even hidden from Prophecy. This was the will of Istaria according to Telak. Only Istaria's Gifted could see the great sapling or the work of a six hundred year project here around you. Now is the time, this is the place, you will see the might and power of the Gnomes with the enlightenment of Telak.”

“To you Vladockt King of all humans on the lands of Istaria I can say this however, Dalimond Owes New Rachival a lot of mithril and gold. Dalmond owes –Me-- a whole lot more since I have three hundred years of labor, designs and supervision in this project. I will send the Three Sisters Law Firm to you at a later time to set up the repayment schedule. I keep them on retainer. Now if you will excuse me I think I will go to North Crystal to the Midnight Star to get a room and something to eat and drink. My part in this mess is finally---concluded. After a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast, I will start on the catastrophe my distant relative Laslo Quickfingers left me. My work in this nasty little war is OVER.” Using a tell stone she called for the Three Sister Law Firm to meet her at the portal. Zapping anyone in the way with her little hand held device, the way cleared easily. The portal flashed then Lalsolye and the Three Sisters were gone in a golden flash of the portal that immediately went dead again.

Acting in cooperation for once, Az and Istara assisted King Vladockt to his feet, who remained unconscious.

“What happens now Goddess? Can you do something about Vladockt?,” asked Az with concern. Calling out to the Sslik and Saris seeresses Az questioned, “What do the prophecies say enlightened ones?” But they were silent

Istara spoke, “There are no Prophecies for this moment Az King in the House of Zadora. Neither Divine, immortal visions or other has been written or spoken. It is as the Gnomish female has said, 'shielded and held secret'. Neither you nor any other can truly remember what you have done. Istaria has clouded the memories of all for the protection of her peoples. Only that nasty little Gnomish female carries all within her mind unclouded protected by Telak. No, there is nothing I can do for this human King, as he wears a device of another God. The Draconic Guardians are returning, perhaps they can do something..

The High Elders of Dralk and Chiconis flashed into Dalimond still hovering five meters in the air. They
    slowly landed carefully as bipeds made way. Both changed into Khutit form, as their feet touched the ground.

The High Elder of Lunus spoke, “The dragon and bipeds are freed now. All are safely on land where they need to be or in the air above. There is nothing we can, do for the Naka Vladockt. Perhaps the Last Guardian can do something.”

“Where is Lizzie, my little cousin? Is she alright? Is she safe?” inquired Az frowning in concern.

Princess Leaf left Blog's shoulder and hovered over in front of Az saying, “The High Elders have addressed her needs successfully. She is where she was sort of. She is alright. She is safe.”

The Guardians of the Great Crystals of Power gazed at each other silently communicating in some unknown way.

The Helian High Elder said gently, “She is already here but not here, Az watching and deciding. We cannot and will not say more than that.”

Istara watched as Az began to lose his temper. Escasia gripped his hand so tightly he was forced to look at her. Escasia spoke, “You yourself know all about secrets Beloved. Your entire life has been shrouded in them. The guardians are no different. I doubt Guardians were in the world when these swords were made for those ancient horrific wars. You had secrets you even kept from me and others because the time was not right. The Guardians apparently are no different. Calm yourself. Our problem now is Vladockt. He wears the crown a God made not fit for a human. We cannot proceed until this is rectified.”

“She is right Az King in Zadora's house,”spoke Istara.

The air in Dalimond became unnaturally still and calm. An eerie quiet seemed to settle on the city with a feeling of tranquil expectation...

Last edited by Skirnir Ouija Glada; May 2nd, 2018 at 12:12 AM.

Prelude to Battle Part 13

Dalimond

In the air above the receiving pad of Dalimond a hazy translucent form slowly appeared. It was gigantic. Glowing and dripping a white fire of power it was over one hundred meters high and fifty meters at its base. Before the throng's eyes it seemed to be ever so slowly getting --larger. The immense structure remained insubstantial, floating above the receiving pad.

A female form slowly hovered out of its midst headed to Az. Az's eyes lit up in recognition with a slight furrow on his forehead. Lizzie had grown and changed. Her skin was the purest alabaster white. Her features and form seemed to reflect a small measure of almost all the biped races including the Dryads but excluding the Fiends. Huge filmy transparent wings, twice as large as those of an ancient Dragon, had grown from her back and were moving slowly as she traversed the distance to her cousin Az. The filaments of support for the span of the wings though strong seemed ever so delicate and fragile. Her eyes remained closed and her mouth did not open as she spoke.

Without addressing Az she went right to Vladockt. Ever so softly she spoke in a strange musical lilting tone of minor chords. Reaching out with both hands the crown lifted and began to whirl faster and faster until all that was left was a band of unknown metal, glowing with great heat, and with numerous jewels floated in the air before her. A simple pink cotton pouch with green script of dryad and dragon appeared. The pouch with its script floated in front of her. She took the little pouch from the air and picked three different colored jewels from the cluster. The rest of the jewels and crystals dropped into the pouch. The three chosen stones set themselves into the hot glowing band of metal which immediately cooled. She placed the band upon Valdockt's head.

She spoke in the common tongue, “Awaken Vladockt King of Dalimond and be at ease.”

Vladockt woke taking a deep breath. Thank you Lizzie, Human Guardian of the Fifth Crystal of Power. I can see everything clearly without pain.

Lizzie continued to speak slow and clearly, “Telak had the best of intentions, but assumed what was fit for a mortal gnome was also fit for a human. He was of course wrong. So this I tell you. A King should see clearly the truth around himself in his lands. A king's ears always should hear the truth. The touch of a Generous King is a one of true healing. Secrets of a King are his alone to give as he chooses. Take this bag Vladockt. The stones within grant many powers neither you nor others are ready for such power. Your heirs will know when the time is right to add a stone. They will innately know what and how to add this power to the crown and survive. This is the gift to your blood line I give for the generations to come. The last and greatest gift though I give to you is a secret.” She leaned over and whispered quietly so none would hear.

I don't understand,” Vladtockt admitted. Others tried and failed to hear what she said.

You will in time,” Lizzie replied.

Floating upright she addressed the throng around them. “No longer will my Ward, the Fifth Great Power Crystal, provide for the needs of the Dryad. They have their own crystal. No longer will my ward provide for the dragons. They have their own crystals. Kirascant will NEVER again receive power from the Fifth Crystal. Let their Goddess provide what they need. The attacks on my Ward for Aeons by Niatha Moraven to steal its life force for her own use will NEVER be forgiven. Slightly turning in the air Lizzie, Guardian of the Fifth great Power Crystal, locked closed eyes with the Divinity of Creation. You Istara WILL inform your Divine cousin of sorts that I will –Obliterate-- her from all the realms, if there is ever another attempt. Turning slightly to Vladockt she said, When I leave here the cities and settlements will have power restored. When the power is on, push the green button that Laslolye told you then all will begin as planned.”

Az and Escasia come with me. Ariella you will await Escasia's return here.” Lizzie slowly hovered toward the receiving pad. Az and Escasia followed. Upon reaching the receiving pad, Lizzie turned around partially standing within the glowing huge crystal addressing them softly, “Warriors remember the words of the Sslik seeress,Trinkets and medals for valor, and honor in war, then cast away in peace, forgotten. It shall be no different for you and yours. In fact it will be far worse. None but the Guardians truly know the Destruction and Judgment that will be needed tonight. None but a few will object to what will come later. When the fight is concluded, if you survive, then you will bring those terrible Swords to me. In all the lands only I, the Fifth Guardian, can hide and store them in a place where magic has no sway. What you both will stand on in the air fighting is not magical. This magic is actually knowledge called science. The Gnomes keep this fact secret. Lilith and I have discussed this situation and agreed.
    When nastiness of the aftermath is in full swing, when what is needed is done, call upon Lilith the Mistress of the House of Zadora.”

Now for your gifting that will be needed for the battles to come this night. Show me your palms. Now you must trust me Az and Escasia without this particular Gifting you will both fail.”

Az and Escasia nodded. Swiftly taking a small knife Lizzie cut one of each of their palms then placed them together between her glowing hands, muttering in a guttural tongue.

Lizzie then looked at each saiding, “Now you are bound together. What one sees so shall the other. What one hears so shall the other.” Taking the crowns she placed a certain gem in each of them. “And finally, what one thinks so may the other know through the crowns you wear. Tell no one of this gifting, lest you are killed out of fear.” Placing a hand on each head she said, “ Let these Guardian walls help protect you from the swords. Remember both of your minds together can overcome their singular wills. The swords are antagonistic to each other. Remember also, the Dark Sword of Black flames feeds on Destruction and Obliteration. The White Sword of White flames feeds on the results of War and Judgement. Long has it been since they have fed. Now go and Destroy Az my cousin. Go and Pass Judgement Escasia mate of Az.”

Abruptly turning she fully entered the Great Crystal and disappeared. The lights once again glowed in Dalimond. The portals and receiving pads hummed. The power of the cities had been restored and all the settlements.

Az turned and spoke to Vladockt, “It is time Vladockt. Follow the instructions of Laslolye.”

Vladockt pushed the friendly green button on the little black box. There was silence then a deep hum and vibration began. The immense walls around Dalimond appeared slowly section by section, outer walls at twenty two meter high and inner walls at thirty five meters high. The tall stone towers with their Gnomian devices came on shining brighter than sunlight in the darkness around the walls. Lights turned on and shined out windows of the rooms in the walls facing Dalimond. The great surrounding spell-enhanced walls arched with outer and inner walls fashioned similar to Aughundell but on a more massive scale. The walls stretched beyond Bristugo before curving in turn towards the sea. A number of outlying settlements were enclosed by the outer walls and ramparts to protect them. There were numerous weapons similar to catapults but grossly larger. Hundreds of catapults became visible as they rose into view. Slowly some enormous weapon emplacements rose up into view while others lowered and disappeared. Hundreds of little Bots could be seen going place to place along the tops of the walls riding Gnomian carts with wheels, gliding along rails, carrying out their duties. Focusing his eyes he could see through the walls and into the earth revealing thousands of square meters of factories , storage, barracks, repair shops and hospitals. How had they managed to pay for it all? as he began to worry. No wonder there always seemed so few humans in Dalimond they had been below working to maintain secrecy. Here was everything that would be needed for a huge war and he Vladockt was responsible for it all as he shivered.

It is larger than what Az realized and implied over the years,” thought Vladockt, as the tremendous fortified entry points came into view. The fortress at the entry at the sea was the largest going out and over the water entry point. Spanning into deeper water stone piers rose well above the tide lines. Great doors to the under ground began opening as Gnomes humans and elves with a scattering of the other races boiled out. Large tubes rose up into the air belching smoke while other sucked air in. Finally the last of the shocking surprises came to view. Tens and tens if not hundreds of floating ships came into view moored to scaffolds and each other. Some so very large with others of medium or smaller sizes. A single massive ship dominated the aerial view.

Thousands of flickering lights from floating mounted cargo disks beneath and on the sides of the vessels explained their function. He could see the tubes of stone going from under the shoreline out to the tree.

Az spoke softly to Vladockt slapping him on his back, “My dearest friend this is the best we could do. We did not have that extra twenty years as we had hoped. I am sorry it is not greater and it had to be kept secret even from those whom I trusted the most. You taught me well over these last twenty years Vladockt. See the fruits of what you explained to me that was needed.”

Granite Fist stood stunned with her advisors gawking. Dalimond was no longer really a city, it was a machine designed for only one purpose—War. A war she had trained him for as well as the Legion of his infamous Wardogs. She cringed thinking about her part in this monstrosity of power and the destruction Az would bring to the lands. Gods help us all she thought. There was no doubt in her mind now about what Az had said long ago that she had publically scorned him for, “IF Dalimond ever falls the world will already be ashes.”

Mordel and Malicore consulted the Ancient High Elders. The Lunus High Elder was shaking and quivering with rage. The Helian High Elder was calmer with fear in his ancient wise eyes.

Vladockt saw the reactions of the two lead dragons. He nudged Az, You better go over there before we have a revolution on our hands. Make sure you take your mate.”

Agreed,” replied Az. Then taking Escasia by the arm and whispering they both walked over to the waters edge where all the dragons on the ground where standing.

Az introduced his mate to the two High Elders. The Helian flinched as he glanced at the Lunus High Elder, who had smoke curling up from his nostrils.

Az said companionably, “High Elder of Chiconis could you step over with me for a few moments?” Az pointed further down the shore line.

Escasia addressed the Lunus fervently, “I am so glad you are here. I need you to do me a favor. I can see the smoke coming out of your nostrils so please do not burn up by accident. I am almost as afraid of fire as I am of water much less heights. I am comforted that you are not afraid of such things. The sight of entrails, blood drenched soil or structures and scattered body parts on a battle field does not bother me in the least. I have to admit I really Do enjoy a good chase and the thrill of a kill, or watching the light go of my enemies eyes as I send them back to the Gods for retraining for another life. But I need your advice and I Don't want my mate around to hear about any of my weakness. I do have a bit of pride and who wants to look like a fool??!!”

The Lunus High Elder choked and snorted turning his head away as he belched smoke. “Is this some kind of trap he has set for me with all his secrets? He was also curious about why she kept trying to scratch her back, while she spoke but the Elder said nothing.

Surely you are joking. After all according to Az, if you are upset then he has achieved what you, the Helian dragons with the Gifted Dragons have taught him. The value of secrets only revealed at the right time. He has feared the destruction of Dalimond for a long time. He did not even know about this giant tree. Building the air vessels was a huge undertaking with all the spies and traitors, while trying to dodge something you could not see. Did the Dragons know about the tree?”

Giving her a long searching look and taking a deep breath of her scent he knew there was no subterfuge. He was calmer now still wary of her, her inadvertent association with the abomination, her mate and now that horrific sword on her back. He thought clearly as only a dragon can unfettered by naka biped emotions. Looking at her he replied, “No we did not. The High Elder Council members now were young adults or new ancients at the time and not privy to the actions of the prior High Elder Council. We only knew our Elders were busy doing something in the lands of the Naka for a couple of centuries before they left closing the gate of Embers.”

Az planned an attack on Dralk supposedly.” looking at her closely

Waving her hand in an off hand manner she stated simply, “A ploy that worked. Az did plan an attack on Dralk long ago when he was really angry, but realized it was not feasible. In a moment you will see why. Dragons will always rule the sky and the proof of it will be right under your taloned paws. So be careful.

But as far as all of these secret things, no one but a select few knew he was telling the truth about the three great Fiendish traitors. So *sighing*.the need for secrecy became almost monstrous considering what was being hidden now that I see it. I was very angry about his furtiveness stubbornness. Now seeing all of this I understand.”

Seeing Escasia take a tell stone call in the middle of a conversation was just too much, Ariella headed for the couple angrily.

Hold on please I have to take this tell.” said Escasia in a distracted manner.

The High Elder looked at her in amazement at the naka biped's audacity. While she shouted into the tell stone reprimanding someone, he communicated silently with his Helian counterpart in conversation.

He thought quickly, “Since Az was giving the Chiconis High Elder tours of the ships telling of strengths, weaknesses and how they were going to be used. The Lunus had a clear picture now from the information he received. These vessels were truly only useable for one purpose--to support a ground offensive. The vessels could deploy troops to the ground, each other, including Dragons, with mini-portals or drop destructive devices on the enemy. They could not ever be used in true aerial battles, which was their greatest weakness. Dragons would have to protect them from aerial attacks, pull them, if not enough wind and scout for targets below them. Their very existence though would teach all Dragons in reproach, he grudgingly admitted to himself. The cleverness of bipeds could not be underestimated. In this regard his High Elder counterpart had been correct, but what could come in a thousand years? So just what did this female want, as another much older Saris obviously stamped in a huff towards them,” he observed.

Walking over to Escasia she jerked the tell stone out of her hand and said, “Follow your orders, or I will see to it that the Dogs hang you by noon today.” She then clicked it off. Taking Escasia by the ear back to the Huge Lunus she addressed the High Elder, “I am so sorry she is wasting your time and not getting to the point. I had hoped I trained her better, as I have been her Guardian for over one hundred years. I know who you are and realize your large responsibilities. She is very Stubborn, self effacing and modest. We just don't have time for that nonsense.”

Without further adieu Ariella jerked Escasia around pulling the scabbard and hooded sword off of her superior's back. Immediately white flames erupted around Ariella from head to foot. Ariella held the sword and scabbard out in front of her and shook it violently, “How dare you even think about judging me. I have already been judged by my Goddess Merrasat and -not-found wanting. So shut up and stay in your scabbard until you are needed, or I will see to it you are melted down.” The flames suddenly ceased and the sword became still.

Dragon make an opaque screen around us Now!” demanded Ariella.

Without pause or reflection the High Elder provided the screen thinking how so very much the older Saris was like an ancient Lunus female with certain hatchlings. Looking up in the air, he could see that air vessels, called ships, were leaving all directions. Smaller ones were very quick. Larger ones very slow. Huge sheets of silk hung on poles wrapping around the ships bulging outward in the direction they were headed. The Fiendish looking humans were being addressed by Vladockt and dispersing to the walls. Granite Fist, her twelve advisors, the Princess, newly made Guardian, with Blog and the Fourth Cohort were porting to Aughundell. The Dogs of War were boarding the strange vessels. Hundreds of Gnomes were porting into Dalimond from New Rachival due to the evacuation order by Granite Fist the Supreme Commander. He heard his name a second time being shouted. He looked down at Ariella.

Yes?,” he replied focusing on the two naka females. The older of the two Saris had pulled up the shirt of Escasia revealing her back. Her back was covered in small bleeding craters, weeping blisters surrounded by whelps and blood blackened red skin that radiated heat. Gasping to himself, realizing his mistake too late, the blood he observed was the blood of dragons. This was serious. He called for the Helian High Elder, who was far more knowledgeable about bipeds.

Almost immediately the Helian ancient was present looking at the Saris's back closely. Unperturbed he cast a spell of regeneration on Escasia then looked at the Lunus. A rapid silent conversation ensued between the dragons. Both nodded in agreement.

The Helian addressed the Saris females. Queen Escasia is changing according to the agreement with the one called the Abomination. What you see is the beginning of that change. We are not at liberty to discuss it. You must consult the Head of her House. Taking a shallow jar from the Lunus, the Helian High Elder stirred in several herbs watching it bubble then solidify. He focused making the newly formed cream colder. He made eye contact with Escasia saying, “You must have someone rub this one once an hour every hour for seven days. Other areas on your body may erupt and will need the cream as well. This will do for tonite You will NOT wear the Sword in its scabbard on your back. Your guardian will wear it for you. When the time comes tho only you can weld it the Sister of War and Judgement. If you choose not to do this then you will be in your lands of the dead by the time the sun rises.”

The Helian said to the Lunus,“We must go now. Time is short. The ships here are departing with Az and his Admirals. Both our councils await our judgement and orders. Let us meet in Dralk as we did together long ago. There is no time for anything else.”

Both prepared to leave when Ariella shouted at them, “ No one goes till this is finished.”

The Dragons looked at both expectantly, anxious to go. With the salve like cream on her back Escasia looked frightened but embarrassed. She could hear Az calling for her high above, as the largest of all the ships was being pulled from the docks by dragons.

Well Escasia no one can hear you or must I embarrass you further by telling them myself?” growled Ariella.

Sighing deeply she spoke softly with a quick glance at her guardian, whom had that “look” on her countenance, mumbled looking at the ground, “Umm well I am afraid of heights.”

The Dragons chortled snatching both of them in their paws. The Elders then headed up to the rising Flag Vessel. Six hundred meters up and climbing both shrieked in fear, surprise and wonder.

Prelude to Battle Part 14

In the Icy North

With sightless eyes Valkor looked up at the stars. A full moon in a clear sky was above his fortress. The green clouds of the Withered Aegis would never loom over what was his. His Power was too great. His hate was pure, clean, honest and unsullied by other emotions like the Withered Aegis. True he sucked the lives of others to survive, but that could not be helped, nor had he ever agreed to his present state for the sake of something else.

In his fleshless state his very bones hummed with the power wafting on the wind. A realization slowly formed in his mind. Torrin Macalir was coming back to the world. His armies and sycophants were on the move. But there was something else. Something more dark and sinister far more powerful underpinning all of what the Withered Aegis was doing. This Darkness provided all of his enemies therein with whatever power was needed and to whatever extent.

His attention was drawn to Kirasanct. By the Gods he thought, two Goddesses and a God walked the lands with divine power and vibrant life. The scent that was not a scent, indicated life that was tainted by agendas, needs and emotions. Their vibrant life force was not like his hate which was so pure. His attention wandered, then focused West and South.

Dalimond was where there was a Gigantic life force reaching high into the sky. Pure, unsullied, clean, vibrant and untainted the life force was so powerful to reach out to him from so far away. With bony hands and fingers extended in hate and need, desire flooded in.

Once again though, his sense of ethereal thought and smell caught the barest hint of his nemesis Torrin Macalir. Which did he want? A life force so powerful he could reclothe his bony frame with flesh and blood enjoying its pleasures, or did he want that ever so sweet taste of the life force of his great enemy? He toyed with his hate and his vengeance. It would be far better with Torrin's head mounted on a spike right here for his own personal joy and pleasure. He wanted to feel Torrin's throbbing and pulsing blood running down over his cold bones. He could see himself as he ripped out Torrin's heart. His enemy would scream for mercy and find none.

OH yes yes!! that is what he, Valcor wanted. His bony jaw clattered with laughter. A screaming wind whistled through his frame. IF only he had his wife's head present to see and hear Torrin's silent frozen open mouthed scream of horror in death.

He reached out his hand to the great dark power in the world and it answered, swirling madly around him in dark sweet joy. Darkness to darkness and like to like, Valkcor wanted nothing except the assistance to get Tazoon. He needed no God-like power nor anything offered. He had been sucking the life force of the Gifted for years. Life force robust like a fine wine, so did the Gifted taste to him. The black lines of power enveloped him then spread to his minions. The Dark Elder Gods realized they had finally found a disciple worth having. The Elder Dark Gods gave him all he asked for and more. Their new disciple understood them and they understood him.

In Dalimond the blind seeresses wailed together calling out in great fear, “... and the horrific Dark power of the north is born! The Dark Elder Gods shall prepare the way before it!”

In a further, more distant realm, Drulkar raised his head and sniffed the winds of power. Remembering his words to his distant children on Istaria, “When the Cusp of Prophecy is full, Elder Darkness shall come to you.”

The moment had come. The Stipulations of the Cusp of Prophecy had been met.

The Time for Battles had Begun

Battles Part 1

Knoble, the ancient Gifted Helian left the scene of the Gifted fighting in the Eastern Deadlands. Istaria had gathered all the Gifted from times past, present, and future at the appointed spot. They lived, fought and died in place. Hazy black-thorned gigantic tentacles rose from the set-aside grave site set aside in its own alcove near places of power and by the main road. The tentacles rose from the sealed entrance, writhing in the air up to the neon green Withered Aegis clouds above. It was obvious to the Gifted that this was how the Dark Elder Gods were feeding their power to the Lords of the Withered Aegis.

They struck any attacker, even the minions of the Withered Aegis, on the roads passing by. One meter to ten meters thick they could flatten an ancient like a swatted fly. The biped Gifted Ones fared far worse. Nyrevin joined the Gifted at the battle ground resurrecting them even faster than they would normally. They, the Gifted, died so quickly that again and again they would run on the pieces or bodies of their fellows. The fight, without ending, had started at sunset and continued to present. One tentacle would be destroyed and three would take its place.

The dark evil dragons had made their appearance as well. Half again larger than an ancient, some could fly through water, some through ice and some through stone. No dragons of the element of Air had been seen yet. They would raise their heads and snatch a biped or hatchling on the surface for a snack then return back to the element of their own. Disappearances ranged from the farthest north to the farthest east, west and south. From what the Gifted had surmised, even the Withered Aegis was not immune to these creatures attacks. Only Shepherd's Mountain seemed unaffected. They were terribly formidable, but thankfully few. The strange dragons had to be scouts. Their expansion throughout the lands had been too systematic.

Istaria had given orders that three of stone and two of ice would be preserved and confined on a plot of her choosing. The Gifted had already transported the designated number of dragons to William Swann's plot in Hemji near the Troy arrival pad and the night was only half way done. The Nakas gave no quarter obliterating each dragon at a price of hundreds of warriors. Skirnir had said it was a question of balance of some cosmic sort and Knoble had to agree. The young Gifted Elf was wroth at the whole affair. His tenants had boiled out of their rented housing screaming in horror and taking the first portal out leaving all of their belongings and gold. Knoble chuckled to himself, glad this fate had not been given to him and his own lair.

Looking about in the air, Knoble ground his teeth. He had been told to go to Chiconis to order the evacuation of the hatchlings and their matrons to Dralk. Special instructions had to be given to the matrons to protect the young. He was then to head to Dralk to address the factious Helian and Lunus dragons in the great ancient hall. Even now the dragons argued and squabbled like Naka children over the tainted High Elders despite, their power of the great crystals, demanding their deaths according to the Laws. Others, with superior Draconic attitudes, were determined to not get involved in Naka affairs at all. Still others argued to kill everything off but only the dragons. Knoble was appalled. Over a thousand dragons had convened there for the first time since the split between factions in 471 BR. Chiconis was to be deserted. The multiple fronts were too vast and defenders too few. Help would be on the way to assist him at Dralk.

He landed at the pad in Chiconis. He was met by three battle scarred ancient matrons with fresh wounds.

“What is this news you bring us, Knoble of the Gifted,” said the eldest.

“All of you will take the hatchlings and retreat to Dralk. From Dralk all Matrons will take the Hatchlings to Drakula's Heart. All of you will be assisted by the Higher Elders of Dralk and Chiconas. None shall remain here in this our home. The evacuation will be total and complete. There will be no argument or discussion. Some of the enemy has broken through the Gifted lines attacking as far north as Trandular. The evil creatures seem to fly thru the elements of their own snacking on the flesh of us all. Anything touching the elements in fear draws them to feed.

Upon arrival you and the Dralk Matrons will cast spells of deep sleep on the little ones. In that sleep there are no dreams and no fears. Without a scent of fear none will be drawn to them and the creatures will go elsewhere. So their guardians must empty their minds as only a dragon can do properly. The hatchlings are the most vulnerable of us all. The protected areas in Dralk have already lost four hatchlings before word got to them.” Knoble gravely told them all.

A second ancient spoke up, “Will the Dralk ancients give us issue over this gathering of hatchlings with matrons of Lunus and Helian there at the same time? Must we be prepared to fight?” as she hissed.

Knoble looked at her somberly, “There will be no fighting between Dragons. We stand to lose an entire generation like we all did at Draak. We do not breed so quickly as the Naka do. Our young are our greatest treasures. They lost more than just hatchlings to these evil dragons in Dralk. They will welcome your great strength.”

“But, what is this we hear of the Tainted One? The one called the Abomination? Does this creature stand with us or against us? What will become of us, if we are all tainted along with our hatchlings by the warriors of the Naka Az, his mate or this strange creature?” adamantly stated the third Matron.

Knoble replied, “The Gifted know of the truth of all of that, who is guilty of what and how this all occurred. Certain elders are aware as well. We will not discuss it now. Even now the might of all dragons is quibbling in the Great Hall while the lands of Istaria are being over run. So consider yourself tainted and ask yourself do you feel any different? Now get the hatchlings. It is time they learn how to hover and come to the pad. Hurry with every moment spent here our enemy grows far stronger.”

In the Icy North

Valkor stretched his bones in luxuriant splendor. Robes of thick vines of power encased his frame Valkor felt warmth for the first time in over a hundred years. He could feel the power oozing out of himself. His decision was easy.

Calling to the Dark Stalkers and his other minions he gave his orders. With the power of the Dark Elder Gods rising from the soil Valkor began to skate on the black flowing ickor. His Dark Stalkers ran before him filled with the power of their new allies. Their appetite echoed in their howls that rocked the mountain sides causing avalanches, as they sped along. His decision was made. Suck the lives in his path on either side of the road he chose. Only one idea consumed him. The Dark Gods assured him their true disciple he would reach his destination in time to gather up his prize. Upon his return to his foreboding home his wife's skull would greet him as he presented to her his great prize. Whistling a jaunty little tune he spread his dark joy with every life he drained away in his journey of revenge.

In Chiconis

The hatchlings slowly hovered to the pad frightened and quivering. They did their best to stay in the air continuously with the great dragons looking on. There were two hundred and twenty five hatchlings in total. Knoble called for assistance. Flashing In the air above them hovered fifteen Lunus Matrons lead by Sirius, Guardian of the Great Helian Crystal of power. With the additional help the process sped up. Only one hatchling was left that would not come. Exhausted from her grief the little one would not move. Both her parents had died at the front line of defense with the enemy coming from the Dead Pool, and somehow she had been linked to them during the battle. Once the Sapling had emerged, the tide of battle had turned with the enemy withdrawing to advance in another direction. The fight had accomplished little to nothing except to diminish the ranks of Chiconis.

One of the Helian Matrons went to collect the hatchling, but was stopped by the High Elder for the Great Laws forbade its rescue. The hatchling had the right to make its own decision of life eat not eat, drink not drink or move not move. The little female smaller than even the smallest of her compatriots was alone. Without blood lines and kin she was on her own having made her decision.

Chiconis was empty now. Winds blew through the city, as if it was a forgotten ruin. Only the little female hatchling remained slowly dying. Her quavering, piping, full of sorrow and grief echoed faintly through the underground chambers fading, as her life slowly dwindled away.

Decisions continue

Battles Part 2

In the Mountainous Cold North

Harlun Vorundo, The Guild Mistress of Thieves, watched the ongoing events in Dalimond laying on her huge bed in comfort. The aftermath of the Dragon vault theft still sweet on her Fiendish tongue. The confrontations at the town center was hilarious until the Death of the Dark goddess. Clovis deserved everything he got, but the death of a Divine Entity by a Gifted One? All she could think of was one word--horrendous. This changed everything. Sitting back down on the edge of the bed clenching the sheets she watched in amazement as events played out.

The unveiling of the great Sapling, the crowning of two kings, the changing of a Great Crystal Guardian, the demotion of an ancient Dryad Queen, the emergence of a different type of dryad that could truly fly. The disclosure of Dalimond's fortifications with a huge aerial fleet, kept secret for decades if not for hundreds of years, astounded everyone.

The fact that now three Goddesses walked the firmament along with a God was more than just frightening. She called Celio, the underworlds number one vault specialist, to her chambers. Her directions were given quickly and emphatically. She gave him a small scroll with instructions along with her Temple Seal. Her decision was made for short vs. long term planning. Fiends could think quickly on their feet. A gift of their Dark Goddess.

In the Air Above

The Hekla, flagship of the 1st fleet had long since departed at the command of Admiral Twistpipe. He was a fierce middle aged gnome with an unusually aggressive personality type. Since there was no order not to leave, he made the decision to take advantage of the loophole, using his own judgement. He looked at his clock . It was a quarter after midnight. Unbeknownst to Az he also answered to the New Rachival Intelligence Agency who wanted a birds eye view of the Western Deadlands. The Gnomian Scientific Bureau was also responding to the request of the Helian High Elder with whom they had a separate agreement. Equipment, for ground camouflage from aerial intruders needed to be delivered to Drakul's Heart, the sacred volcano of the Dragons. An engineering team would go with the equipment. Above the WA clouds his ship, the Helka, was still below normal cloud level. They would reach their first drop in thirty minutes at the volcano. That drop mission would take fifteen minutes. How long the equipment would take to set up was not his problem.

The 1st mate reported, “Sir we have an Aerial Disturbance (AD). The AD is incoming from East of Tazoon. Fifteen hundred meters and closing quickly. It is really big sir. I would say about three times the size of an ancient. Changing configuration on the crystal viewing screens. ETA is about four minutes. Transferring UFO data to fleet.”

Without hesitation Admiral Twistpipe softly stated his order. “Captains you know the drill. All up above normal cloud level by one hundred meters. Notify the Helian High Elder we need inbound dragons to us from Drakul's Heart. Give our present speed and position. Use stealth attack sequence--Defensive Alpha. All to stealth mode. Crystal silence. Ahead full.”

The fleet rose swiftly. What it lacked in aerial maneuverability and speed it made up in altitude modification limited only by the magic of gravity. The ships disappeared in the clouds, followed by fading from view after breaching the clouds. The Fleet was made up of a large ship, ten medium ships, twenty smaller ones with numerous very small scouts spread out in tactical precision. The decision had been made. Fight only if attacked, neither mercy nor quarter would be given. There would be no rescue of downed ships or falling comrades. The mission overrode all other concerns. Fully one half of Az's killers would be the fighting contingents, as needed, in support of three of the four fleets.

The 3rd Fleet with Admiral Tenbeck and 4th Fleet with Admiral Sparkfizzle left shortly after the departure of the 1st fleet. A tactical planning session between Admirals of the 1st 3rd and 4th Fleets in route had finalized their decisions. The 3rd Fleet's mission was bombardment of the Dead Pool then back to Dalimond for city support, resupply and then on to the Western Deadlands and Tazoon. The 4th fleet would head to Ashlander's Cauldron, the Fallen Gnomian Observatory then back to Dalimond for city support and resupply then on to the Western Deadlands and Tazoon for ground support. WA Temples and Portals were the primary targets. How they accomplished this Az did not care and each Admiral was very different from the other.

Az wanted havoc, mayhem, scorch and salt in the Dead Pool, Cauldron and Observatory mainly to obstruct the lines of Power of the Dark Elder Gods that were flowing to WA ground troops coming to Dalimond. Cut the supply of power, decimate their numbers in the process and force a retreat to former battle lines. They did not have the manpower to do offensive landings or munitions for true enemy destruction. This would have to do.

The Western Deadlands and Old Rachival were a different matters. Az demanded the destruction and total obliteration of the Western Deadlands even if it took all four fleets to do this. The Tazoon Imperial Forces were were at a disadvantage with an axe at their throats, concerning the Western Deadlands and its portal. Tazoon was a now strategic nightmare that had plagued the Imperium since the WA had overrun and occupied the Western Deadlands.

No bureaucrat was going to stand in the way of Az fishing off the new beaches that would be started there after tonite. Az had made it clear he would be happy to use their guts for bait, if the goal was not accomplished. Whether it was the Admirals or the bureaucrats he was referring to was up for grabs.

None but the 2nd Fleet Admiral Whistlecheek knew about what Az had planned for Old Rachival. The oldest Admiral of them all had been shaken and pale refusing to talk about his meeting with Az saying it was classified and only shared with New Rachival Intelligence. He seemed very angry, dismayed but determined, when they had met in route via crystal conference. The other half of the Legion of Wardogs was divided onto the 2nd Admirals Fleet and Az's gigantic floating ship which was headed to the Eastern Deadlands.

After these missions were completed, further strategic battle field actions would be in flux. Only Destiny knew what was going to happen afterward and She wasn't saying anything.

Back in the Mountains of the Cold North

Hinni Sharpfizzle stood at the opening in the mountain at the end of the sled tracks hidden by from the outside by illusion. She was the pilot/captain of the Taku. The Taku was a scout ship/messenger capable of a crew of two with a small single passenger squeezed in if necessary. The little ship was capable now with Gnomian technology of fast turns and had a speed of flight three times greater than the ancient dragons. They could ascend a quarter again higher in altitude than any dragons excluding the Gifted Ones. Chief engineer Pud Blowfuse stood next to her.

“The armament is complete Hinni. We are good to go. Project Backblow is set and ready to move.” said Pud.

“And the other team?” she questioned.

“What about the other team? We were ready three days ago but since you just had to make a few more adjustments we did the same. By the way we won the prep bet. You owe me one hundred and twenty five gold.” grinned Hazel Goodlight, female captain/pilot of the Kon.

The Kon was a four person crewed ship. The vessel was only one point seven five times faster than a ancient dragon with wide slower turns. She was however outfitted with far greater fire power. Her crew joined her with Chief engineer Squi Brasswhistle female Gnome from the Boondocks. Weapons/Engineer human male from Yonderways, a tiny village past a certain stump in the backwoods east of Dalimond and heavy weapons specialist Takara Skaa female Saris from East of Butchie in Lessor Aradoth.

Pud asked, “Squi did ya need help with that stealth device? Ours drove me nuts!”

“Well some, but I had a bit more help than you did,” as she answered, leveling an unspoken accusation at Hinni.

All of them were wrapped in heavy fur thanks to the “kindness” of the Thieves Guild Mistress. It was so very cold in the mountainous north. The Fiendish Mistress here was the Grand Mistress of Thieves. She was very abrupt, oddly threatening and forever speaking about the cost of goods which she had been forced to supply. The Grey council had approached her about her secluded area several years ago for the prototypes to be rebuilt and retested. She had allowed it out of curiosity so they thought. She however became bored quickly leaving them to their own devices. Confined to their quarters and work areas, only the outside proving and training provided any relief. The outside was limited though to certain valleys and specific mountainous areas for training.

Each was in his or her own thoughts. There was no speaking amongst them. All of them gazed slightly up looking at the green lightning in the black veined WA clouds. Each mentally asked the same question. How would they get out from under it?. Once underway it would not be a problem. They would have plenty of power. It was time to pack their supplies for the night and then be off. The Grey Council had an operative in Dalimond. It was time to go.

Hazel spoke up first, “Well we may be in competition with each other, but we still are friends and you are the eldest. What is your decision?”

Hinni replied with confidence she did not feel, “Well the * * here did not include eating and drinking on our supply list. We will need to get a bite to eat and drink and a bit to keep for later tonight if we are tied up. Then I will head west to the Deadlands. You and your crew will head to the Observatory, Cauldron, and Deadpool. We will meet up in 2-3 hours. Use those crystals to stay in touch. We can plan our resupply and repairs in route to the first landing site.

As if on cue Celio appeared behind them addressing them all, “You all should have more faith. The Guild Mistress would never let honored guests go without. All of you are just ignorant. My mistress is very busy with Guild affairs. In keeping with the fact you would need these things, you are to give this scroll to the Captain of the guard at Kirasanct.

You need no go inside. They will bring everything you need to you, while you are moored at the entry point. All of this had been arranged several years ago. Kirasanct has already been notified of your imminent departure.

Also in keeping with Grey Council mandates, the cost of this huge undertaking was fifteen mithril pieces and has been paid for by the Thieves Guild. My Guild mistress personally made sure your three resupply points were in secret locations and already prepared at her own personal expense.

Unlike Tazoon we take our responsibilities seriously. You will find that being citizens of our unofficial capacity is far more rewarding for those that deserve merit than Imperial Tazoon. Imperial Tazoon dishonorably discharged you, left you without pensions, put you on the streets just because you told the truth pointing out other's machinations. In this case it was four Admirals, who wanted all of you hung that rounded all of you back up and planned your executions.

The Grey Council will always take into its ranks highly motivated, trained and well educated individuals. Therefore, please keep in mind there are open warrants on all of you with a death sentence. You ALL have been found guilty by a certain secret Imperial Tribunal. My Guild Mistress, not the Grey Council, was the one that planned the extraction before your sentencing. Keep that firmly in mind for future reference and tell no one. Grey Council politics can get life threateningly interesting. Due to your importance in the present and in the future remember what you owe the Thieves Guild.”

In the Guild Mistress's Chambers

Harlun Vorundo thought to herself, “She may be member of the Grey Council, as Guild Mistress of the Thieves Guild, but she was not above the demands of her Goddess whom was no longer in the Divine Realm. A Dark Goddess, she was tied to forever by blood fealty. In fact that same Goddess was not that far away, killing Fiends left and right in Kirasanct, cleaning up her own house so to speak. The possibilities with these events, ships, gadgets and what not were seemingly infinite for revenge, profit and future planning. She cringed at the mistakes she had made with the Grey Council. In her compliancy she had been foolish and not forward looking. She had lost a lot of power and her place on the council had been successfully diminished by several others. She would have her revenge. She had to hurry the Dark Goddess could arrive any moment. She jumped off the bed running to her chamber's door with her servant's name on her lips. Hearing the faint noise she froze in step. Time was up. It was too late. Turning she knelt with her face to the floor. Her arms extended in supplication palms up.

Niatha Moraven, Dark Goddess of Vengeance and Power,laying on Harlun Vorundo's huge bed growled, “Ahh where is my most favored servant going? Where is the huge tithe for that little escapade an hour or so ago in the Public Dralk's vaults?”

Decisions continue

Thread Information