As a law abiding citizen of these lands I bought a plot with the assurance of a lack of regional criminal activity. Despite The great city's assurance that no such activity exists, I found a document on the side of the road outside of Dalimond. Let the Istarian Public beware!! I asked my nephew's local vault employee to see that this is posted.

EyewitnessReport To (name scratched out) for the Department of Intelligence–Grey Council
Iarrived after the two primary cloaked suspects had already beguntheir discussion. Both were cowled as to not reveal their identities.One was short and heavily muscled the other one was very tall alsoheavily muscled. The first was probably a dwarf and the second one,was probably as half giant. Unbeknownst to them there was an unseenparty to the side hidden behind the first copse of trees.
“….....solet us begin”, said the short one.
Thevery tall one raised a hand without further ado painting an obscuresymbol in the air.

Thedrama of a prior event unfolded before them.

Nimbles cleared herthroat, reading through her notes. “After much ado and anaccounting of all department heads, agencies and racial supervisors(took first day) Then, second day was spent going over all accountsof all dues paying citizens, fees, fines, etc. Third day to theseventh day was fines and fees collected and available citizendisciplined but they.....”
“Shutup and get on with it!” Fingers yelled impatiently.
Nimbleslooked up from her ledger and flashed him an annoyed look. “Eighthday, general meeting began. Started with the minutes and findings oflast Grey Council General Meeting and then it got reallyinteresting.....”
“I'mnot paying you to dawdle!” Fingers yelled again.
Nimblesraised her eyebrows, clearly perturbed by his outbursts.
“Sorry,”he sighed.
“LikeI said,” Nimbles continued. “It got interesting. Sadly, I couldnot hear it all, but there was a huge fight that boiled up with a lotof cursing, fist waving, death threats and foot stomping.”
“What?You missed it?”
“I'mnot that good at lip reading, and you didn't pay me for life anddeath situations, so put a lid on it. But any ways, there was thisthundering grumble by Big Un, then dead silence. Like—undeaddead silence. So quiet, I could hear a half-giant up front mutteringas he was pinching off nits. Then, all pandemonium broke loose withshouts like Hand then over to the Assassins Guild! Plunder theirproperties. Loot 'em! You know, stuff like that. But then....”
“You'relosing me,” Fingers held up his hand to stop her.
“That'sbecause you're an idiot.”
Fingersfrowned. He might not be the smartest gnome on the block, but he knewwhen he'd been insulted. “Okay, okay. Get on with it.”
“Well,there is a rumor going up with the Big Cheeses....”
Fingerslooked hopeful, waiting with anxious anticipation.
“Supposedlya group of REALLY nasty dark wizards raided some...” she coughed.“Vaults. And did some forays into the Eastern Dead lands. Andthrough various, nefarious means found a way to get people out of theworld with a HUGE fee of course. And of course did NOT pay the properfees or taxes for illegal profitable exploits”
“What?”Fingers bellowed, going quite red in the face.
Nimblessighed, waiting for him to calm down. “Lawyers, idiot. Bribes andthe like, you know, the grease of property management and innercommunications with other third parties.”
Fingerslooked confused.
“Then,the meeting went on about....”
“Whatare you talking about?”
“Themissing settlements, dolt.”
“They'remissing?”
“Then,there were several theories about connecting all the oddities.”
“Youmean, I can get off world?”
“Yeah.Weren't you listening?”
“Wheredid they go?”
Nimblesground her teeth, clenched her fists and swished her tail, the verypicture of a furious Saris.
“Hey,now. That's enough. I'm paying you good shaved silver coins for thisinformation!”
“Tomove on,” Nimbles ignored him and examined her notes once more.“Then, there was a credible report of a famous, honest citizen outof Tazoon, who has been heavily guarded, who said that he could....”
“Didyou hear me or not?” Fingers exploded.
“Enoughof this!” Nimbles yanked the pudgy gnome off his feet. “Youlittle twit! I got a mylok sacrificial dagger put to my throat by anassassin Shadow Cleric. Then, I was taken to interrogation bysecurity. I don't have time for you to be your usual stupid self.Give me my silver!”
Whenhe didn't immediately comply, Nimbles yanked off his belt pouch andthrew him down. Fingers howled and babbled angrily as she counted outthe silver.
“There,I've been paid. I also took an extra fifty silver for my legalexpenses.”
“Legalexpenses,” the gnome squeaked.
“Yeah.Fines for not doing the paperwork for illicit spying. Then, there arethe probation, council costs, interest daily on the fines. But atleast I got a break.”
“Whatbreak? I didn't pay for you for this information. What about the....”
“I'mpaid already, so I don't have to say squat about anything else. Butthere are five fees with this which I did not get paid for. You willpay for it all!”
“Idon't owe you anything for borking the job!”
“Nexttime you need me, it will cost you twenty-five gold. I wish you thebest, Fingers. Have a great, famous criminal day!”
“I'mnot a criminal!”
“Yes,you are. You have not observed the laws including paying your duesfees and fines for the last few years.
Fingerssputtered, wild eyed with rage.
“You'vebeen ratted out, Fingers. And the seventh day of the GreyCouncil....”
“Whatabout it?”
“Well,you wanted to be famous!”
Shechuckled evilly, disappearing into the woods. Flustered and afraid,the gnome rushed off in the opposite direction.

Theshort, figure spoke softly, “Anything else?”
Thetaller, figure watched the gnome disappear. “Yes. One more thing.”The figure whispered softly,

“Thank you. Oh bythe way I put a bonus in there for you and thank you kindly for yourtime”
“Quitewelcome. Always a pleasure doing business with you, sir.” Hedisappeared, silent as the night.

“Interesting,muttered the unseen figure who then disappeared like smoke.

Thespy considered the situation quietly before recalling. The paperworkalways Had to be done properly. He arrived at a cluttered office.Gads I hate paperwork, he thought...

Doc#3467Z-AA-001 Intelligence Department