Thread: Low FPS

Hybrid View

Default Re: Low FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Gaderath View Post
    I have the same crappy FPS Abbie, but on a 1070 GTX rather than a 1080. I should be blowing this 15yr old game out of the water, but I am just not and it is depressing. I have had to turn off ground clutter, have only blob shadows lower the view distance etc. just to get 50 in open spaces and as low as 8-15 in really buiding heavy areas or GodForbid Harro
    I used to have GOOD FPS back in time, when i had a geforce 5200, haha,
    But when i use my graphiccard on the motherboard i get good fps.
    Seems like its not optimized at all for newer GPU's

ABbie
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Default Re: Low FPS

From what I've learned listening to our technical developers, Istaria barely knows - if at all - how to run off of a GPU and isn't that great with modern hardware. Generally, the better your CPU is the better Istaria will run. There's also some sweet spots in old hardware that Istaria knows how to use and runs better with.

You have an extremely similar build to me, Abbie. My CPU is identical and I ran off a 512gb SSD before it fried (now on a different brand 1tb SSD) and a GTX 1080. I have 16gb DDR4 ram, though. I'm not sure what is causing the difference in our FPS there, but if it helps, I run the game on max settings with blob shadows and midrange ground clutter.

Any area with lots of buildings will harm your fps, though, no matter your specs.

Thread Information