Thread: Lets just take everything, Ranger

Hybrid View

Default Re: Lets just take everything, Ranger

I will forgo pointing out everyone who wanted Dragons' Gold Rage nerfed, whining about the still-present stun lock being looked at...
    Haven't read the whole thread, but regarding the temp stun immunity, it shows as 3 sec immunity on a 4 sec stun ability (say something like lightning arrows). So was the immunity meant to land after stun fades? Or does it start when stun starts, to lessen the chance of complete stun-lock? so that after 3 seconds of the stun have ticked down then it might be able to be re-stunned?

I seems to me like it works like the second example. the timer starts when the stun starts. So to fix the stun lock just increase the length of the immunity time. As long as both mobs and players get the changes, it helps even it out.

As far as ranger/bow classes, it does seem like there is still a near stun-lock capability with lightning arrows...

With a shortbow and ranged flurry, or a demon flurry, the hits with a bow can be 4 or more per second. So whatever lightning arrows stun%chance is, its pretty good chance to land when you get the flurry. Maybe adjust the %chance down? But increasing the stun immunity timer would be near the same thing. Could give lightning arrows a % chance to land multiple effects that would be lightning related. few %chance for a stun, larger chance for a disorient, chance for lowered focus/dex (getting shocked is not fun), maybe a small chance for the mob to briefly enrage and do 200% damage on next attack.. (guess that really pissed it off..)

As fast as bows fire right now, its kinda crazy. How can a bow user have free unlimited arrows plus the ability to fire 5 times a second over and over without ever getting tired? I mean how to they get the arrows reloaded so fast...

Re-work the bows to all fire about 1/4 the current speed, keep damage about as is, but after X number of shots hit the mob, they are taken to their feet and take big damage and big bleeds. How many arrows can you fire into something before it slumps over? So if its possible, set it up so that after X shots, mob takes a big hit of damage, and/or after X time, it takes a damage that is based on the number of arrows it took during the buildup. So the more arrows, the bigger the lump damage is. You put 20 arrows into something with flesh, it should be dead. (Skeletons might be a different story.) Arrows shouldn't be able to shot 5 times a second over and over... I guess that is probably flurry... demon flurry really does add to the crazy hit speeds too. Slow it all down, then add up damage based on how many arrows it takes, then I think it would be more interesting and fun to play class. Multiple bow users could work together and reach the lump damage point more quickly... things like that. new tactics.

Not sure that is possible, but I think some interesting fun things could be done with Ranger. Right now all people use it for is stuns.

the timer starts when the stun ends, not when it starts. the bow doesn't fire 5 times a second. and especially the demon bow, has a 2-3 second draw and fire timer on it (you begin using demon bow ((timer starts)) timer ends, shot fired). There is no longer a stun lock capability. 50% chance to stun. Though if you want to do some damage, you need to remove lightning arrow and use a dragon crystal. so, now that most mobs have resistances, even less chance of lightning arrow to stun as you can not use both dragon crystals and lightning arrow in combination

I do like some of your other suggestions. add them to the suggestion thread where this has now moved to?

When I observed the inbound changes that may come to Rangers I sighed. As a long time paying customer of this game and the 3rd biped player to reach 100 in all adventure schools, I had some experience playing ranger. The person who taught me how to play this class was Trust. Trust is arguably the best damned ranger on Chaos shard or at least he was. I followed his skill set with Moregoth to develop my combat style as a ranger and that involved lightening arrows (it was a fundamental part of all the skills he would juggle). Over the years of playing this game and seeing changes (I started on 9 December 2003) it has suffered from some unnecessary changes (Many changes have been good especially considering the size of the dev team). This is another one of those changes I have to question.

I am currently finishing my Master's degree in business and one reoccurring theme pops in the workplace and it is necessary for organizations to remain healthy. You have to understand and be prepared for change.

However:
    1. Changes to core principles/concepts must be meaningful and add measurable value to your product or service.
    2. Do not needlessly provoke those who support you financially.

Personally, I wish something positive would happen to Beserkers (my class of choice). Forever and a day they have been Istaria's misused stepchild among the biped classes. (I apologize for going off topic)

Malicore, Trust keeping fighting the good fight. Maybe I will log in and come and see you.
    Regards,
    Vengeance/Moregoth the Hunter
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Thread Information