Thread: Poor paladin?

Default Poor paladin?

No, not really. I enjoy the class very much. However, I would like to see a few changes and just wanted to get some second opinions.

Mystic Blaze - I have come to hate this spell! First, I have to stand right up against the mob to cast it, which lets the mob hit me atleat 3 times before the spell ever goes off, afterwards it does really low damage to the mob. So I have discarded it for now in the hopes that they may change it in the near future.

Gods and Godesses - Where are they? Who do I worship as a paladin? What greater power allows me to to use my special abilities and spells. Same would go for many many of the other classes I believe too.

Turn Undead - yes, I can do extra damage to undead, but where is my turn undead ability? I somehow feel naked without it ;) !

Undead Damage Tech II & III & IV & V - where are they ? :(

Oh, I love my class and would never abandoned it, but I just feel like they could easily go so further into depth with this class, and I hope they do in the near future if I'm to continue my battles with the evil WA!
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Default Re: Poor paladin?

I agree paladin is very basic... nothing more than a warrior who cant use anything but swords and has 2 heals and a res.. Pally needs to have a group instant and should be able to cast group health as well...I wont go into their crap abilities ...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

If i am fighting something that might have a chance of killing me, the only time i use mystic blaze is to pull it. That is if i don't use despirit foe. It would be nice to be able to choose a diety. to have several to choose from, each with different strengths and weaknesses. I am only level 52. and fighting undead anywhere close to my level, that 3% chance to do extra damage to undead is useless. Don't know if that changes as i get bigger, because i don't know what some of the abilities are now that tazoon is gone. I agree we need more heals to go along with what a pali should be. everything i have ever read about Pali shows it a lot stronger and more formidable than what Hz has it.

would be kewl to have a turn undead ability. convert one enemy to have it turn on the other undead or enemies in the area would be awsome.
    Laneth Drethor
    Semper Fidelis (Chaos)
    100 Paladin
    100 Mason/100 Blacksmith (and various others)
    "Eleena the Fiesty's Pali Pet"

Thanks for the responses, glad to see I'm not alone! Maybe we can forward some of this to the suggestion forums. I didn't take cleric high enough up to get the dispirite foe (may go back and do that sometime), but for me I can't even pull a mob with mystic blaze due to the short range because by the time I'm close enough to cast it the mob has already noticed me. I can understand mystic blaze not doing much to normal mobs, but to undead ..it should be devestating! What could be worse then hitting an undead mobwith ablaze of life :).

Go idea on the turning the undead to a point in which they fight each other, that would be nice. And being able to use atleast a few of the group spells (maybe not all, since Healers need to be unique too), would be very nice also. Although I must admit healing touch is very nice, but they could shorten that timer just a tad eh, lol.Hope we get some more ideas soon, keep'em coming! ;)

i agree with most comments here a group heal would be very helpful also reduce the timer on the lvl 60 heal (healing touch) 2 hours is sick!

mystic blaze is useless, and as you say agains something dead it should be pretty lethal

but one main advantage of the pally class is that if you know your class enough you can play with silly level mobs, it may take a while but its do able,

examples

at 56 i took on molochi and his cronies (old world) came out on top (just)
    since 72 i have been playing with lvl 80 - 90 mobs on a regular basis (jade golems to ice beetles)

as a paladin we are probably the most balanced class in the game, a little tweak here and there and the class would probably be finished - its fun being a paladin

Paladins need, in my humble opinion...

More heals, at least group and minorheal...

Access (Not gaining skill, though)to more weapons, bow and spearfor example...

An active ability (Smite Undead) to infuse their weapons with anti undead attacks...

Detoxify other, nuff said there...

A line of undead attacking spells, not effective against other mobs...

An undeadrepulsing ability on a long timer that makes them all flee...

Aid other, a health transfering ability...

Ethereal armor gain...

Quests for paladin only blades, doing even more damage to the undead...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Needs something along the lines of holy light and stuff..cripple undead, holy blast, betta heals too,, drain undead maybe as well..another aura too that weakens undead?

Aura of light has been improved now to do 104% damage to undead without a 1% chance also i love stand against darkness..it works rele well with melee flurry III

vannessa

If you're really after seeing the full potential of the paladin i'd recomend leveling your cleric up to the same level as pally!! this will give u access to more heals and abilities than going pally alone..

good too see theres still some holy knights left out there tho

may the light of istaria shine bright in your hearts

I think I may just give that a shot, thanks for the advice!

Thread Information