Thread: A census

Default A census

Could the empire provide a census result of sorts to the people of istaria.

Or better still hold a census in game to find where players concenrate and what is needed in the way of new facilities.

Would also be nice to see some data on which race and class is the most played across each shard.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Default Re: A census

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Would also be nice to see some data on which race and class is the most played across each shard.
    :: nods :: true, a few snap shots to estimate Current classes most often played then, of course, some presentation of adventure school levels gained by all the players - perhaps a "typical" biped adventurer has X levels of A, Y of B, Z of C, etc.

They may have something like this done, a statistical analysis of the adventuring side of players (which may have been used to create challenging content) and can share some of it.

I think it would be VERY interesting to see.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Numbers on Members of each school (where school or class is stated I mean adv and craft)
    Numbers on schools and how often they are multied
    Number of Players for each race
    Number of Players for each race based on main chars alone
    Racially which has the most time spent in game
    Racically which has the most levels

Some interesting ones would include
    Amount of Cash presently in the economy
    Amount of cash the empire has made and a break down of key areas it has come from (although probably not tracked)
    Amount of cash the pawn broker has output
    Amount of cash the vielo has sucked out of the economy (although probably not tracked)

I'm sure there are others I just think this info would be interesting to read
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

yes it would be interesting to read.

But I can tell you this. AE will never ever do anything remotely even close to this. Not now anyway not till things stabilize. Not when it comes to player counts anyway.

However the cash part wouldn't give to much away and would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Some interesting ones would include
    Amount of Cash presently in the economy
    Amount of cash the empire has made and a break down of key areas it has come from (although probably not tracked)
    Amount of cash the pawn broker has output
    Amount of cash the vielo has sucked out of the economy (although probably not tracked)

I'm sure there are others I just think this info would be interesting to read
    And how much coin the blksmith gave. [:P]

Though I would be very interested in these figures. Would be nice to know where we stand as a community, and as players.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

While I can understand AE not wanting to post actual numbers, percentages would be cool to have, maybe some nifty pie diagrams or something...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

most played races, classes, average craftlevels and adv-levels based on all players are ok .. but please no "Ladder" ;)
    That is something HZ does not need at all. Would only lead to ppl not doing any orders or not grouping with others but only with the "perfect" groupbecause they are 5 levels short of position 5 or 10 etc. on the list.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

I can sum up this in one short sentence :
    Everyone , and his mother , plays a Healer/shaman combo..
    (add mage for power stats.., guardian , druid, spiritist , etc etc for all nature using classes..)

hehe ;)
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Isair

I can sum up this in one short sentence :
    Everyone , and his mother , plays a Healer/shaman combo..
    (add mage for power stats.., guardian , druid, spiritist , etc etc for all nature using classes..)

hehe [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    and there are a few battlemages arround :)

But you are right ... 99.9% of all 2..3 or more times multiclassed level 100 toons should have at least one of the following classes (healer/cleric/shammy/druid) as it looks like.
    And also 99.9% of those will have mage at 36 if multicast is not gained by an other class they have in the mix.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

I performed a similar census on the old Life shard. It was a fairly simple one that asked only one question: how many players of each race are on?

The census was discontinued after a week or two, however, because the numbers were so discouragingly low.

I'll dust off the old census and update it so we can get more information. However, I only play between the hours of 6PM and 11:00PM CST, so you won't get a full 24 hour sampling.

I'll post results once there are results to post.

I'd be interested to see those figures as well...although I am the 0.01% who wants nothing to do with any healing class (or any of the other listed spellcrafting schools)..*laughs*

[;)]
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

Thread Information