Thread: Any logic in maxing all three?

Default Any logic in maxing all three?

I'm currently a ranger (lvl 31), and enjoying myself very much - got 10 levels of cleric on top of the ranger reqs (sct 20, dru 15)..

I'm considering taking scout and elar to 100 as well, but I'm not certain I'd really benefit from it - what are your opinions on this matter?

I've not atm any intention of taking a str-based craft school, but I could be persuaded tho - is the str really that big a bonus? :)
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Default Re: Any logic in maxing all three?

Speaking from the Scout point of view, our real distinction from the other two classes (in my opinion) has already been taken away: Long Shot. That ability was the sole reason I stayed a Scout, and when they gave it back to the other schools, well...

There are a couple skills which are restricted only to a certain school, such as Spray Arrows for us Scouts (not sure of the ones for the other archer schools). Rangers and Elemental archers (again, just as I understand it) have much the same abilities, except a Ranger's are spell based and an ELARs are ability based. I am sure someone from those schools will post the differences they are aware of; I consider myself purely a damage dealer with unsurpassed range.

As for the strength making a difference, I am sure it doesn't hurt; I average 115-125 damage per arrow with my being an Armorer in my spare time, and can of course hit for many times that with various abilities.
    100 Scout / 100 Armorer / 80 Sorcerer

:o I have a 31 ELAR and I think the abilities we keep are the elemental shots... they are like gifts or enhancement abilities that add effects from an element to all our attacks... Fire arrows do an engulf like ability 10% of the time, ice arrows make delay go up 30% and reduce speed by 64% 50% of the time, and lightning arrows have 30% chance to stun and root a victim for 3 seconds...

Plus we get special multishot attacks... I havent tried to take scout past 20 but I will when I get elar to 100... I mean what have you to lose really... Some abilities? well when your done levelling the other class to 100 switch back to the favorite class... :)
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

gopher65

Strength makes a huge difference in damage. It is the single biggest modifier in physical (non-magical) combat.

Rangers also get Lightening arrows, but not any other elemental attacks. We get 7 nature/turn, allowing us to be low level stunners and healers in a pinch. We get more armor, bow, and xbowthan ELARs, less than scout.

Rangers are basically middle of the road in every way. I think ELARs could use a boost in bow and xbow. They should get 9 per lvl. There is no reason for them to get 8/lvl.

There is no reason to max all three really.
    If you want to take ELAR or Ranger, then take scout, its a bit of a boost. You get more AU, more bow skill, better dex, and I think some other abilities might transfer to ranger, since they are lacking some of the specials.

ELAR and Ranger do not make sense to take together

And yes, strength makes a major difference to attack power. Against a level 100 anchor a regular ranger will damage between 10-20/average hit, with surges, fury, elemental buffs I hit for 100-105 a hit average... when I get inflix fury, add 15 more.

Thread Information