Hey all, I recently began playing again with a group of friends and we typically roll around as a team. One of the things that we immediately saw was how much of a hit to XP you take when fighting and defeating enemies while in a group. It looks like it's near 30-50% reduction in XP generated. Even with the "team bonus" you get from defeating enemies, this is a rediculous penalty which seems to me to come out of nowhere. I always thought that grouping should be encouraged but at this rate we have all found it faster to just level solo as opposed to leveling together on a team, which is a complete shame. It's really not what we want to do, but when four of us are together we're getting trash XP for fighting groups of enemies two to four levels higher than us.

I propose getting rid of the XP penalty (whatever it is) and simply adding a bonus for being part of a group. Or, allow all group members to get full personal XP and a portion of the XP of their team-mates. Right now it feels like you get 50% or your XP and a quarter or less of your allies which adds up to less than you would have gotten going solo.

I thought that the point of grouping was to incentivize cooperative play right? At this rate, it merely drives people away, as it has pretty much done with us. Now we're thinking of just not being in a group and fighting in the area so that we'll still be together but also not loosing out on all the XP. That makes it tough on our healer, who no longer has access to our health bars in the group panel.

I know most of you leveled up solo and the majority of you play the game in a more or less solo way at max level, but I'm hoping maybe a few of you might have noticed this peculier XP penalty when grouping and would agree with me that it needs revisiting.

-Quiiliitiila