Thread: Problems Since New outage Today, Nov. 17, 2020

Hybrid View

Default Re: Problems Since New outage Today, Nov. 17, 2020

I'm glad to hear it's working again. Are there any other issues you are noticing crop up still?

The servers have been down for over a day so I can not tell anything now. I wish they would post some updates on how things are going. Anyway, trying to wait patiently. I will look at everything once the servers are back up. Slimey/Fatuous on Order

There was an update showing on the website earlier but I think its been overwritten as part of the restore/rebuild. There have been updates posted by the Devs on the discord channel.

This is the last update I can see which was roughly 4 hours ago

Zaroclaw Today at 19:33
    Okay so the server is working finally. The RAID rebuild worked out okay. Though currently our server hamster is working on straightening out the rest of the network issues. You still can't log in on Istaria but I'll let you know when you all can.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Since the Order restart, there are still problems with Order. On Sunday, Nov. 22, 2020, Augh. was without NPCs for about 2 hours. They came back later. Now Mahagra has no NPCs. Many monsters are missing from certain areas. Nickel golems at Augh. mines are very rare now and when you kill them they do not seem to spawn again for a couple of hours. So there are still some bugs in the new servers. Of all my characters, I have a little hatchling whose gifts never fade away. Just some small problems but they are there. Thanks. Slimey/Fatuous on Order
    (another pain is I killed 20 nickel golems for a quest and they only dropped 3 items out of those 20)

Aughundell and Mahagra not having NPCs was due to a preexisting issue known as SD errors, or broken SDs - the spatial daemons that manage the area fail, causing all NPCs and monsters to disappear and players to desync. We are able to fix them manually, and have been investigating for a long time now. I just checked Mahagra and it appears it was fixed last night.

What areas are monsters missing from, do you remember?

Your hatchlings' gifts not going away is also very strange. What's the character name? I can ask someone to look into it.

The monsters missing were the nickels golems around Augh. They have since returned but do not spawn well. My hatchling's name is Feculent Mephitis. He is on order. There is just one gift that never goes away no matter how long I am out of game or play. In the past, NPCs missing were from maintenance to maintenance. These were missing for only about two hours for each city. Thanks. Slimey on Order

NPCs are absent in Bristugo. This was on 11/25/20 at 9:00AM EST

Correct, the NPCs missing for only two hours was because a developer logged in and manually fixed them. In the past, we had to wait for a restart, but now, we can fix them on the fly - so we get on that the instant we're notified. It's the same issue as in the past.

I passed on your character name in case it's still looking weird - sorry for the delay

Thread Information